Is that it then? Was fun while it lasted.

JayBee
1023 posts Professional
edited October 2017
Will we ever get 18 back or is it just another year of Fifa 17?

Comments

• JayBee
    1023 posts Professional
    Fifa 18 was such a blessing and only lasted a week, RIP I knew it was to good to be true! Reduce that skill gap for the kids.
  • DicaniosGod
    5207 posts Big Money Move
    Bore off, it was far too easy to score, there was no challenge!!
    Can't score 7 80yrd screamers in each half any more??? Zzzzzz
  • JayBee
    1023 posts Professional

I don't shoot outside the box mate that was the only thing that needed nerfing
  • azza452
    908 posts Semi-Pro
    Always gonna be moaners, just go n buy PES
  • JayBee
    1023 posts Professional
    azza452 wrote: »
    Always gonna be moaners, just go n buy PES
    I was praising 18! Best Fifa in years.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero

EXACTLY!
  • potato_hater
    2516 posts Fans' Favourite
    Game is a lot better now
    Before patch "PATCH NEEDS TO COME ASAP"
    After patch "PLS REVERT THINGS BACK"
    no one will ever be satisfied
  • JayBee
    1023 posts Professional

EXACTLY!

Looks like your happy with the patch I guess the community will never agree on what Fifa should be like need the ai to hold your hand
  • Recoba
    3817 posts National Call-Up
    Yep. Rip
  • JayBee
    1023 posts Professional
    Game is a lot better now

Yeah seems that way mate I seen a lot of people moaning and was hoping they wouldn't bottle it and patch it straight away but they did, couldn't even test it for one WL
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    JayBee wrote: »
    that was the only thing that needed nerfing

Well since the average combined score was probably 8+ goals, maybe a few other things were in need of tweaking.
  • JayBee
    1023 posts Professional

Well since the average combined score was probably 8+ goals, maybe a few other things were in need of tweaking.
    I was averaging 4.37 goals in drafts a game but that's because people couldn't defend if I played someone who manually defended it wouldn't be as many!
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something

I was averaging 4.37 goals in drafts a game but that's because people couldn't defend if I played someone who manually defended it wouldn't be as many!

4.37 goals is an unrealistically high number. Either they need to fix the matchmaking (and put you against more difficult opponents) or fix the gameplay (and make goalscoring more difficult).
  • PibeV14
    769 posts Semi-Pro

Wasn't that easy when u played against good opponents tho
  • Lukaku9
    353 posts Sunday League Hero

EXACTLY!

Looks like your happy with the patch I guess the community will never agree on what Fifa should be like need the ai to hold your hand

Do you play everything on manual?
  • JayBee
    1023 posts Professional
    edited October 2017

4.37 goals is an unrealistically high number. Either they need to fix the matchmaking (and put you against more difficult opponents) or fix the gameplay (and make goalscoring more difficult).

but it's not about it being realistic bro it's about me being the better player and created a lot of easy chances, I don't want ai and gks bailing kids out because they can't defend manually.
    Games I lost at the start I felt I deserved to lose due to poor defending and somebody playing well now it just feels like the skill gaps been reduced just my opinion.
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    Game is a lot better now

Its because EA cant just fix the glaring issues - they always go too far and it swings the other way.

• paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move

Haaa - sounds about right.

Cant be bothered to fix the first - well just go for the second so everyone is the same level.
  • Recoba
    3817 posts National Call-Up
    PibeV14 wrote: »

Wasn't that easy when u played against good opponents tho

This.

My div 5 and 6 had alot less goals.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2017
    @JayBee
    I don't wan't the AI to help you with attacking! What's the difference?
  • Kman
    2915 posts Fans' Favourite
    @JayBee

Another moronic post from Benja ladies and gentlemen...
  • JayBee
    1023 posts Professional
    @JayBee

So you prefer the ai helping you in attack and defence if I could have it my way I would have everyone on Manuel but we know that's never going to happen.
  • JayBee
    1023 posts Professional
    Kman wrote: »
    @JayBee

Another moronic post from Benja ladies and gentlemen...

I know you can tell he gets a buzz off 1-0 wins 1 shot Zzzzzz
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero

EXACTLY!

There's a difference between 'hand holding' and competent AI.

By your logic, every time an AI attacker, makes a diagonal run, you play a through ball and score, your hand is being held.

Until you control all of your 11 players, you have to accept that you're being hand held, surely?

Or do you control all 11 players @JayBee and play on full manual controls?

I would guess not, in which case, your reaction is slightly hypocritical.
  • Hasmust
    379 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifa 18 was such a blessing and only lasted a week, RIP I knew it was to good to be true! Reduce that skill gap for the kids.

+1
  • JayBee
    1023 posts Professional
    Alp_2760 wrote: »

EXACTLY!

There's a difference between 'hand holding' and competent AI.

By your logic, every time an AI attacker, makes a diagonal run, you play a through ball and score, your hand is being held.

Until you control all of your 11 players, you have to accept that you're being hand held, surely?

Or do you control all 11 players @JayBee and play on full manual controls?

I would guess not, in which case, your reaction is slightly hypocritical.

Cawh another fan of post patch, honestly surprised how many enjoy Fifa 17 again just payed 50 quid for the same game a week later.
  • Lukaku9
    353 posts Sunday League Hero
    @JayBee

So you prefer the ai helping you in attack and defence if I could have it my way I would have everyone on Manuel but we know that's never going to happen.

So would i. In the meantime its got to be balanced not just attack.
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero

but it's not about it being realistic bro it's about me being the better player and created a lot of easy chances, I don't want ai and gks bailing kids out because they can't defend manually.
    Games I lost at the start I felt I deserved to lose due to poor defending and somebody playing well now it just feels like the skill gaps been reduced just my opinion.

I've not had one game that I have lost when I didn't deserve to, unlike last year. I don't see what all the moaning is about
  • JayBee
    1023 posts Professional
    Lukaku9 wrote: »
    @JayBee

So would i. In the meantime its got to be balanced not just attack.

Balanced so the score line is closer? Or balanced by reducing the skill gap so people in there head think there good defenders? Players be like oh I only conceded 3 goals so I can't be that bad, well you are lad your gk just bailed you out of 3 sitters and I've hit the post 5 times it's same s**t different year, I've been on the forums for years but only spoke up today because I was actually enjoying the game so much and thought it was a positive step forward fun attacking games that if you make chances you score goals, if you can defend you keep clean sheets it was perfect.
  • JayBee
    1023 posts Professional
    edited October 2017
    Nana_bitty wrote: »

I've not had one game that I have lost when I didn't deserve to, unlike last year. I don't see what all the moaning is about

Post patch your going to see a few more mate 17 all over again hitting post from inside the box then the classic counter 1 shot on target 1 goal it's in the game.
    Pre patch I was scoring for fun lets see what WL Brings I'm sure it will be elite 1 again grinding down that park the bus to get the 2-0 win etc