Welcome back counter attacks

dopetothemax
2015 posts Fans' Favourite
Seems with long shots being fixed, people are back to sitting deep and playing the counter attack. How it's fun to have 40% possession and wait for your 4 chances you get all game is beyond me. Looks like it's back to a bit of FIFA 17 with only having to defend counter attacks and not much else. Fun.

Comments

• DaZenoSauce
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah the gameplay this year has been awkward to get use too, haven't had a match with less then 4 goals scored.
  • Barslund
    4644 posts National Call-Up
    I had so much fun with slow target men like Mario Gomez, but seems like that fun is over now.

Back to the same old sweaty players like last year.

Fuming!
  • PelzyWelzy
    9328 posts League Winner
    I honestly don't think i played more than 3 games in 100 that wasn't against an ultra defensive, counter attacking, spam through balls merchant anyway...

Won't be able to tell the difference :joy:
  • dopetothemax
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    I honestly don't think i played more than 3 games in 100 that wasn't against an ultra defensive, counter attacking, spam through balls merchant anyway...

True, but it's didn't work very well. If their defenders sat in their goalkeeper's lap, you could just bang in long shots and punish them. Not anymore.
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Finally, the only way a terrible fifa player like me can win games
  • Whoman
    5306 posts Big Money Move
    Ruining Squad Battles as well since we are forced to play the User-eploit tactics and instructions (keep Fullbacks back) there as well. Not sure i have seen an opposing Fullback near my half of the pitch this week.
  • dopetothemax
    Whoman wrote: »
    Ruining Squad Battles as well since we are forced to play the User-eploit tactics and instructions (keep Fullbacks back) there as well. Not sure i have seen an opposing Fullback near my half of the pitch this week.

Oh yeah it was pretty much everyone's tactic to set them to stay back last year. I actually kept mine on balanced this year so far and enjoyed the occasional burst down the line from my fullbacks. With counter attacking seeming to be the tactic of choice once again, that may have to stop.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    They didn’t go anywhere to start with
  • Lukaku9
    351 posts Sunday League Hero

True, but it's didn't work very well. If their defenders sat in their goalkeeper's lap, you could just bang in long shots and punish them. Not anymore.

So you are moaning about ptb but all you did was have ai assistance to score 30 yarders. Hardly makes you any better.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5094 posts Big Money Move

• dopetothemax
    Lukaku9 wrote: »

So you are moaning about ptb but all you did was have ai assistance to score 30 yarders. Hardly makes you any better.

Amazing how you can quote someone and still not get what they said right. IF a player goes ultra defensive, you could punish with long shots. If someone played normally, then you can try and break them down because they actually have to defend you. Don't give me that "ai assistance" BS for long shots either. If you think your shots in the box aren't AI assisted too, then I've got some news for you.
  • Lukaku9
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lukaku9 wrote: »

Amazing how you can quote someone and still not get what they said right. IF a player goes ultra defensive, you could punish with long shots. If someone played normally, then you can try and break them down because they actually have to defend you. Don't give me that "ai assistance" BS for long shots either. If you think your shots in the box aren't AI assisted too, then I've got some news for you.

Its all assisted in attack which is what makes the defending so bad. It so slow to switch players at the back. Nip in frpm the wing and you can bypass defenders so easily. Scoring is way to easy there is no enjoyment till they fix defending and abysmal keepers.
  • pittphan
    3019 posts National Call-Up
    I think longshots been good are a vital part of a fun game... for a variety of reasons. I don't think I will like this update much...
  • Cadey 5
    10392 posts Has That Special Something
    I was getting countered before the patch not sure about the rest of you.