Thoughts on the Prime Legend SBC's

3NG
946 posts Semi-Pro
I've seen a lot of people saying that EA won;t be able to make you use a certain legend in an SBC (if they are required) as they can't differentiate them and can't put a requirement as "Use 90 Henry", for example. That's completely false, they could easily make you use a certain legend. We've seen they absolutely cannot use a players name, hence the "Senegal player from Liverpool" this year and the "Swedish from Utd" last year. People have been saying stuff like "They can only put you need a French legend, I'll use Pires".

It's incredibly easy for them to manipulate it and that's why, I believe, they've introduced the blocks in SBC's this year. We'll use Henry as an example again, they could fill the SBC with 90 rated french guys and then leave the LW spot open and say the team rating needs to be X which only using the 90 Henry will be able to get you. Now, to every rule there's always an exception. Brazilian attackers like Ronaldinho and Pele both have 91 cards but the prices on these guys are already expensive and the cards are limited as is so you wouldn't be able to cheap out like you would with Pires for Henry

Comments

• Jaedric_Kaine
    1756 posts Play-Off Hero
    Where are you seeing the info on this SBC? I'm interested to know how it will work. Is it supposed to be an SBC to upgrade a baby to mid icon to a prime? I could for sure be down for that since I have baby Schmeichel and would love his prime card.
  • AlnapaDiggler
    443 posts Sunday League Hero
    If there is a Icon SBC then you are catering for the 1% of users who may have one. All low Icons will become extinct. I can't see how it will work myself.....
  • mMounirm
    3771 posts National Call-Up
    If there is a Icon SBC then you are catering for the 1% of users who may have one. All low Icons will become extinct. I can't see how it will work myself.....

they won't be extinct if the sbc is ridiculously expensive and the prime icon is untradeable.
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2017
    I don’t think I would want like 500-1m+ coins in an untradable card and lose a tradable icon to boot!!! What if you don’t like the card or fancy a change...
  • My guess is the SBC will be 'No Expiry'.

They cant just release it and say....'you can only have this card if you pack it or are rich enough to complete the SBC'

No Expiry would also mean the lower icons won't go extinct. Maybe at first, but eventually they'll re-appear
  • SPAMPEBS
    4086 posts National Call-Up
    What if it's literally trade in any icon... And a certain rated team... And you get a random prime icon tradeable?

And maybe an untradeable prime icon one that just requires a ridiculous team lol and no icon
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro
    richo27 wrote: »
    I don’t think I would want like 500-1m+ coins in an untradable card and lose a tradable icon to boot!!! What if you don’t like the card or fancy a change...

I'm not sure they'd make the card untradable tbh. Let's use Ronaldinho for example. Say you have to use his 91 card, costs 3m right there, then they make you submit a 88 rated team for 1 challenge, an 85 rated full inform team for another challenge and then a 83 rated Brazilian squad, that'd easily be another couple mil added on top of the original 3m you paid for Ronaldinho. I think they'd let him be tradable for 5-6m as that's the price he'd demand on the open market anyway
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro
    Where are you seeing the info on this SBC? I'm interested to know how it will work. Is it supposed to be an SBC to upgrade a baby to mid icon to a prime? I could for sure be down for that since I have baby Schmeichel and would love his prime card.

No-one knows officially yet, mate. Heavy speculation, though, seeing as at the capture event the SBC they did to unlock the Prime Ronaldo included an Icon in the SBC they submitted