To people playing squad battles on professional/semi-pro

LoboNobo
6320 posts Big Money Move
How many points do you get for getting a comfortable 5-0 win against semi-pro or professional? Wondering if it would be more profitable to do that instead of getting 2-1/3-1 victories on Legendary.

Comments

• gbshow
    991 posts Professional
    About 900 - 1k on professional. Never tried semi pro. I've decided world class is suited to me. I can beat it on legendary but it's a ball ache and I don't enjoy it.
  • Idle
    400 posts Sunday League Hero
    Legendary is the way to go, I seemed to beat legendary more than i could world class
  • RadioShaq
    14548 posts Moderator
    Whatever the default is you get a little over 1k.
  • LoboNobo
    That's not worth it than, you can get like 1,8k for a narrow win on Legendary.
  • Denz
    1858 posts Play-Off Hero
    Idle wrote: »
    Legendary is the way to go, I seemed to beat legendary more than i could world class

Agreed, some games feel like professional, others sometimes feel as they should but the benefit points wise are there. Wouldn't bother with anything less.
  • joehuk
    2451 posts Fans' Favourite
    I play legendary no matter what.. Ultimate is a joke, World class and Below is meh.

I just think squad battles are rigged to hell.

I played a 40 chem 78 rated team and only just won 2-0.... played Legendary TOTW 84 rated 44 chem and won 6-0

something is definitely wrong with squad battles AI
  • joehuk wrote: »
    I play legendary no matter what.. Ultimate is a joke, World class and Below is meh.

I just think squad battles are rigged to hell.

I played a 40 chem 78 rated team and only just won 2-0.... played Legendary TOTW 84 rated 44 chem and won 6-0

something is definitely wrong with squad battles AI

That sounds about right when versing real players as well.
  • chosenone
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    in all modes its harder some games than others. I think its better playing the hardest level your ability allows you to play and win pretty much every game. as long as you are winning you are benefitting from the higher level.
  • WeCanBeatOCD
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Just won 5-0 against Professional - it was 1229 points. Hope that helps.
  • Just_Unfair
    3794 posts National Call-Up
    5 0 semi pro win will get you about 880 in points
  • Dazfeeder
    95 posts Park Captain
    I won a game yesterday 5-0 on legendary and got 2750 points.
  • Saiffers
    315 posts Sunday League Hero
    2-1/3-2 in legendary gets me 2200
  • JGCramp
    1373 posts Professional
    Dazfeeder wrote: »

That's impressive. I play legendary and can sometimes grind a 1-0 win, but more often I lose 0-0 or 1-1 on penalties. I just played a 75 rated 51 chem team and squeaked by 1-0. Their D was swarming me the whole match - and no AI fouls, of course.
  • Dazfeeder
    95 posts Park Captain
    JGCramp wrote: »
    Dazfeeder wrote: »

That's impressive. I play legendary and can sometimes grind a 1-0 win, but more often I lose 0-0 or 1-1 on penalties. I just played a 75 rated 51 chem team and squeaked by 1-0. Their D was swarming me the whole match - and no AI fouls, of course.

Yeah the AI can literally smash you and not give away a free kick, so annoying
  • PRViiS
    3 posts Ball Boy
    I play on professional. Personally I’m not bothered where I finish cos I know that I’m certain to get coins at the end of the week and any number no matter how small is welcome.
  • djvkool43
    719 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think maximum points you can get is about

720 on semi pro
    1250 on pro
    1680 on WC

Max points consist of scoring 5 goals, keeping clean sheet, 80%+ passing accuracy, and 490 skill points - the points are all the same, just different multipliers - I think it goes like 0.7x for SP, 1x for Pro, 1.4x for SP, and 2x for Legendary (anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong :))

I started on SP/Pro the first week of SB - this week I'm transitioning from Pro to WC, have not played Legendary yet...
  • JGCramp
    1373 posts Professional
    PRViiS wrote: »
    I play on professional. Personally I’m not bothered where I finish cos I know that I’m certain to get coins at the end of the week and any number no matter how small is welcome.

I don't disagree, although this loss on legendary did bother me a bit. It was like the game was inventing ways to keep the ball from getting past low chem Butland.

FIFA_18_FUT_Squad_Battles_In_Menus.jpg
  • uNko
    569 posts Sunday League Hero
    The most points I've gained from Legendary was around 2400. I scored 5 goals, clean sheet and my passing accuracy was above 90% if I remember correctly.

• Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    The thing with legendary is that sometimes the CPU sends these through balls and your defender **** it up and now he's through, the fact that the CPU will win every 50/50 ball and also not to mention the amount of times my players gets thrown onto the ground are all things that are so annoying to deal with.

Also, does anyone know how to turn off the auto slide tackle interception thing that the CPU does for you, it works maybe 1/10 times, the other 9 times they miss and you're auto -1 player on defence
  • LoboNobo
    Wow, I see everyone here is quite new to playing CPU, especially on higher levels. Trust me, I've spend so many hours in career mode in every FIFA since FIFA 2000, the highest difficulties are not "cheating". They're just very good, but you will be better with practice. I'm gonna give you an example - I remember in FIFA 14 I was so pissed off because CPU would win EVERY SINGE HEADER. But I kept on trying, and practising, and after 2 seasons I was the one winning majority of them. It always feels like CPU is cheating, but you shouldn't give up and learn how to counter these things.
  • silverdale10
    1213 posts Professional
    Seems a bit wrong that if you win 1-0 on professional against an 84/85 rated defensive opponent, you get about the same amount of coins as you would if you beat it on amateur 5-0 using a team of low rated/low chem bronzes.

The counter attacks by the AI from corners are ridiculous, I'm taking every one short from now on. Played my first two games since the patch this morning and its' felt much harder to score.

Also, I had three fouls called against me in one game way back down the pitch for players I was not in control of, or had been control of leading up to the foul, that's never happened to me before, very strange. Maybe it was a one off.
  • chosenone
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2017
    I played a game in world class and won 5-0 then played professional against a weaker lower chem team as I onyl had 15 mins and didnt want extra, thought it was an easy win but it ended 0-0 and I won in pens. I had 25 shots they had 1 lol.......and I got late for work. Its so inconsistent but its fun that way. I got like 800-900 coins for it which wasn't worth it at all. I advise you to play the highest difficulty you will win 90% of the time in.
  • Rick
    9177 posts League Winner
    5-0 on world class can get you just over 2k
  • HelloDearie
    2104 posts Fans' Favourite
    PRViiS wrote: »

this, although have done a couple on world class against low chem teams.

having never played any other mode than online for the previous 7 fifas, im still getting used to the computer difficulty. when i get better I will step up to the higher difficulties.
  • Dilks
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's new to me playing against the CPU, but I have noticed certain patterns in the way they attack which means it is relatively easy to defend against it.

I seem to find that the CPU will always aim to pass the ball into the net; they will never take a shot outside of the box (which is fortunate, because if they did, the positions they get themselves in, they'd score every time). Also, especially when playing against 4-3-3, they will almost always aim to get the ball wide. I just make sure that I am solid in the center of the pitch to force them wide; they will then almost certainly try to look for a cut back on the corner of the 18 yard box. If they manage to get this to feet and turn, then you are probably in trouble, as they will just tiki taka around the box until they've practically walked it in.

In the last 20 minutes (especially if you're winning) the CPU will apply 'All out Attack' and high pressure, and for me this is where you get your goals for the game in. Just sub on 3 paces abusers, and unlike earlier in the match, there will be loads of space and options for when your attacking, similar to playing somebody online.

With reference to the points, I beat Legendary 5-0 with loads of shots, high possession, high pass accuracy and managed to get 2750-odd points.
  • JGCramp
    1373 posts Professional
    edited October 2017
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    Wow, I see everyone here is quite new to playing CPU, especially on higher levels. Trust me, I've spend so many hours in career mode in every FIFA since FIFA 2000, the highest difficulties are not "cheating". They're just very good, but you will be better with practice. I'm gonna give you an example - I remember in FIFA 14 I was so pissed off because CPU would win EVERY SINGE HEADER. But I kept on trying, and practising, and after 2 seasons I was the one winning majority of them. It always feels like CPU is cheating, but you shouldn't give up and learn how to counter these things.

Sure, this is true. I don't think the CPU cheats, per se (and the game should be difficult), but it maybe feels that way - like how every CPU player has superhuman strength when shielding. The offline gameplay overall is considerably improved in squad battles compared to offline seasons.

I had been playing to 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 type scores on legendary squad battles. Last night I switched to 4321 and started generating a lot more shots and goals (the LF and RF can get behind the fullbacks all game if you hold up the play near the top of the box) , but I also started conceding more goals. I definitely need to work on my defense.