Attacking tips against a specific type of defender

dopetothemax
2015 posts Fans' Favourite
I just played a guy who had a 4-5-1 with two fast CAM's and fast LM/RM and he would just take those guys and bomb back to make tackles. Love it when a guy with "32 Standing Tackle" makes one of those spin around the front and take the ball instantly sort of tackles. Anyway, what are some ways to beat guys like this? It's tough to play patient build up with pacey players breathing down your neck all game. Lol

Comments

• Whoman
    5306 posts Big Money Move
    I just played a guy who had a 4-5-1 with two fast CAM's and fast LM/RM and he would just take those guys and bomb back to make tackles. Love it when a guy with "32 Standing Tackle" makes one of those spin around the front and take the ball instantly sort of tackles. Anyway, what are some ways to beat guys like this? It's tough to play patient build up with pacey players breathing down your neck all game. Lol

Switch flanks and RB+X diagonal passes. Also having a big, physical striker helps to cross to or just use as an outlet.
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Whoman wrote: »

Switch flanks and RB+X diagonal passes. Also having a big, physical striker helps to cross to or just use as an outlet.

Thanks for the tip! That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Switching the ball to the other side of the field would seem the best way to throw them off.