OT (kind of) came across this PES 2018 realism video

Michael LFC 96
3711 posts National Call-Up

Popped up in NYC recommended videos, it's a fascinating watch and a reason why I wish people would give it a chance, it's not a pick up and play game, it's a game that takes time and skill to master.

Just a little debate about the realism of PES compared to FIFA. It's on a totally different level IMO and some people may not have seen footage like that of what is featured in the video! :)

Comments

• Shaanxz
    19544 posts World Class
    It’s not even a review it’s just saying what’s good about it.

Doesn’t mention player switching is broken
    Ai spamming through balls
    Lobbed through balls have no errors
    Ai don’t foul players
    Transfers are broken in master league; Liverpool sold half there team in the first window
  • Azof
    15052 posts World Class
    looks absolutely abysmal
  • RadioShaq
    14609 posts Moderator
    Only the FIFA forums are blind to pes problems. You read their forums and it's all pes is the worst game finally moving to FIFA. It's funny cause pes forums praise FIFA and are blind to its problems.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 2017
    As much as this sells the game well there's a few points which compel me to continue to play FIFA.

FUT. As much as on here we discredit, it's simply unrivalled in the its competitor my club. If PES can nail that then it could do well. My club tries to be cerebral but instead is just boring.

Menus. Sounds a little thing, but it's the most awful user experience I've seen in my game I think. It's terrible and makes the rest of the game look bad.

• Michael LFC 96
    Azof wrote: »
    looks absolutely abysmal

http://xboxclips.com/Michael+LFC+96/a9b4f941-de31-413b-945e-30d671d1750a

Can't be worse than that!
  • Michael LFC 96
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    It’s not even a review it’s just saying what’s good about it.

Doesn’t mention player switching is broken
    Ai spamming through balls
    Lobbed through balls have no errors
    Ai don’t foul players
    Transfers are broken in master league; Liverpool sold half there team in the first window

You've more or less listed what's wrong with FIFA there though too, every game has its flaws but PES just make theirs look better haha
  • coatsy
    How many copies does this sell? Can't imagine it that popular online, finding games etc
  • Michael LFC 96
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    As much as this sells the game well there's a few points which compel me to continue to play FIFA.

FUT. As much as on here we discredit, it's simply unrivalled in the its competitor my club. If PES can nail that then it could do well. My club tries to be cerebral but instead is just boring.

Menus. Sounds a little thing, but it's the most awful user experience I've seen in my game I think. It's terrible and makes the rest of the game look bad.

Oh yeah, myclub will never ever compete with UT, there are so many things they could just copy off FIFA rather than trying to be unique, like the ability to buy agents but not be able to sell them? Never understood that tbh
  • coatsy

Oh yeah, myclub will never ever compete with UT, there are so many things they could just copy off FIFA rather than trying to be unique, like the ability to buy agents but not be able to sell them? Never understood that tbh

It's poorly thought out to be honest
  • Michael LFC 96
    How many copies does this sell? Can't imagine it that popular online, finding games etc

I've never really found any problems finding people, its player base is nowhere near FIFAs though, you can be lucky to play the same person you've played in FIFA 16 in FIFA 18, in PES you match up against regulars :joy:

They do have a nice little game mode called random selection, you can play that online and it's just what it says, you both get assigned a random assortment of players, do 2 draft rounds and then play. I always steal their keepers and leave them having to play a CB in goal :joy: Everybody will protect their Ronaldo but leave their keepers there to take lol
  • Michael LFC 96

It's poorly thought out to be honest

Very Asian is how I can only describe it :joy:
  • coatsy

I've never really found any problems finding people, its player base is nowhere near FIFAs though, you can be lucky to play the same person you've played in FIFA 16 in FIFA 18, in PES you match up against regulars :joy:

They do have a nice little game mode called random selection, you can play that online and it's just what it says, you both get assigned a random assortment of players, do 2 draft rounds and then play. I always steal their keepers and leave them having to play a CB in goal :joy: Everybody will protect their Ronaldo but leave their keepers there to take lol

That sounds fun! Devious stealing the GK!
  • Michael LFC 96

That sounds fun! Devious stealing the GK!

Hahaha it's hilarious, when the team formation screen hits and they see Azpilicueta in goal, few seconds later I get a message 'woooow gg' :lol:
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    PES is better but FIFA has Ultimate Team and that's why I play it. FIFA is more than a football game. It keeps me busy the entire year.
  • Paawky
    2354 posts Fans' Favourite
    The fact I would have to play with " Man Blue " is enough to make me not wanna play .
  • Michael LFC 96
    Paawky wrote: »
    The fact I would have to play with " Man Blue " is enough to make me not wanna play .

Yeah, that's been the only downside for me really, microsoft don't allow you to use custom kits created by the community, but PS4 and PC can.

If only they'd allow 3rd party content then licensing issues would never be a problem for PES ever again!
  • LFC Simon 98
    15689 posts World Class
    Notice how bad the actual game play is though?

Replays and up close it all looks fantastic but the normal play looks mediocre if you ask me