Are people really sayind Fifa 18 is bad ?

IDARYL
5778 posts Big Money Move
I've not played ut yet but head to head and its the best FIFA for years. People struggling with defending its because you've had your hand held for years. Passing is great, where as other FIFA's passing would go all over and it would be a game of who could counter off a passing mistake. The better player will win most games which is surly a good thing

Comments

• CandyRat
    7819 posts League Winner
    edited October 2017
    No they’re not
  • Khalabeeb
    727 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its the best one they made so far until they of course patch due to pressure from the "i cant defend i need help from ai" crowd.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Khalabeeb wrote: »
    Its the best one they made so far until they of course patch due to pressure from the "i cant defend i need help from ai" crowd.

• RadioShaq
    19852 posts Moderator
    Patch is already on its way.
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    Probably the best FIFA since FIFA 12 gameplay wise
  • ShaunCPFC
    4308 posts National Call-Up
    Khalabeeb wrote: »

• ShaunCPFC
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Patch is already on its way.

f* off :joy:
  • ShaunCPFC
    Remember it being good this time last year too, then the patches started raining down and then we had FIFA 17...
  • lf2009
    2531 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dont see any issue with defending tbf

Only thing i dont like about the game is the fouling. Get taken out from behind an ref does nothing
  • Cherriesfan
    1280 posts Professional
    Defenders can be slow reacting but its better than 17 . GKs trash any aspect of competive play however.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32547 posts National Team Captain
    I love it, don’t want any patch.
  • Orison
    73118 posts Icon
    IDARYL wrote: »
    I've not played ut yet but head to head and its the best FIFA for years. People struggling with defending its because you've had your hand held for years. Passing is great, where as other FIFA's passing would go all over and it would be a game of who could counter off a passing mistake. The better player will win most games which is surly a good thing

That is just wrong and statements like that always make me laugh.

Yes I really like this Fifa, but acting like there aren't any issues with defending and especially defenders' reactions is just ridiculous.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    I think it consists of two camps.

Those who liked FIFA 17 defending and those who didn't.

If you liked FIFA 17 defending and aren't willing to adapt then you might not like this. If you wanted a more interactive defending experience then you'll likely love this.

• Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    It's a terrible game
  • ImmigrantMentality
    6593 posts Big Money Move
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    I think it consists of two camps.

Those who liked FIFA 17 defending and those who didn't.

If you liked FIFA 17 defending and aren't willing to adapt then you might not like this. If you wanted a more interactive defending experience then you'll likely love this.

disagree. most aspects of the defending are good, but some things are just plain bad, regardless of whether you wanted more manual defending or not.
  • Orison
    73118 posts Icon
    Benn wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »

Yes I really like this Fifa, but acting like there aren't any issues with defending and especially defenders' reactions is just ridiculous.

only issue with them is the through balls and how they don't react to them

that's about it

But there is no denying that there are atleast some issues. I don't get the whole black and white thing. Fifa 17 wasn't all bad and 18 isn't all good.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    6593 posts Big Money Move
    if you offered me the choice between fifa 17 and fifa 18 even in it's current state, i'd probably still edge it to fifa 18, but with a few tweaks it could be easily the best fifa without any debate.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

that's about it

Yeah I agree with this. I think it just needs tweaking slightly. It almost feels like the attacker gets the advantage even if you are covering the runs. I'm not saying I want AI defending to the scale it was last year, but your defenders sometimes feel like they are running in treacle when a through ball is played.
  • IDARYL
    5778 posts Big Money Move

well im playing zoomed out this fifa and if they try the through ball i'm switching to the defender early and L2 R2 ing my player infront of the ball. Defending hasn't been harder this year than any other so far for me but i guess i've always tried defending the attacker myself rather than using cpu. And im switching to attacking at the start of the game, i've seen many player sit deep this fifa and for me that doesn't work
  • Williejno1
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    Good thing about this fifa is sitting deep doesn’t work so well
    I personally love the defending as some stated above they a bit slow to respond fix that then the game is good
  • Olleman
    14918 posts World Class
    This gameplay combined with EAs servers makes it unplayeble at times
  • TriggerMike
    6285 posts Big Money Move
    ShaunCPFC wrote: »
    Remember it being good this time last year too, then the patches started raining down and then we had FIFA 17...

People on PC who've had the patch say it's still the same just a bit smoother. If that's the case, it'll be fine but I do agree that the patches in the past made the game worse.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up

that's about it

Yeah I agree with this. I think it just needs tweaking slightly. It almost feels like the attacker gets the advantage even if you are covering the runs. I'm not saying I want AI defending to the scale it was last year, but your defenders sometimes feel like they are running in treacle when a through ball is played.

I know exactly what you are talking about, its like they switch off for a second even when you have control of them
  • Hollandman
    4860 posts National Call-Up
    Defending is hilarious,always reach gold 2 in AL and now i aint gonna quilify,because defending is so hard everbody park the bus now.Baddest FIFA ever
  • TriggerMike
    6285 posts Big Money Move
    Hollandman wrote: »
    Defending is hilarious,always reach gold 2 in AL and now i aint gonna quilify,because defending is so hard everbody park the bus now.Baddest FIFA ever

Yawn.
  • McRaven
    8551 posts League Winner
    I like the changes mostly. I just think the reaction time of defenders needs to be upped, goalkeepers need a serious look at and player switching needs to be more fluid and precise.

I'm holding off judging the game compared to 17 till I've played a couple of WLs. The manual defending is fine when the servers are good, but I can imagine if there's input lag, etc. that it can make the game unplayable.
  • iitalic
    1898 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hollandman wrote: »

and plenty of people parked the bus last year
  • Leo14
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    the defending it;s much better than 17 , i like fifa again, 16 and 17 where bad
  • Reus
    23593 posts Club Captain

• Well either this FIFA is awful or I am just terrible at the game.

Seriously though, the switching and reactions of defenders needs fixing. When people are zigzagging through you it's annoying. I can tell it will be great when I learn the mechanics though.