I hate this game!

InfernaL
1452 posts Play-Off Hero
FrLOINE.jpg

There is absolutely nothing I can ❤️❤️❤️❤️ do. It's so aggravating. I was so mad I tried to rip the controller in half. The plastic is very flexible not that hard to break. I spammed clear a million times.........

Comments

• ADP
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    InfernaL wrote: »
    FrLOINE.jpg

There is absolutely nothing I can **** do. It's so aggravating. I was so mad I tried to rip the controller in half. The plastic is very flexible not that hard to break. I spammed clear a million times.........

Try going towards the ball instead of giving them the opportunity to shoot
  • InfernaL
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    ADP wrote: »
    FrLOINE.jpg

There is absolutely nothing I can **** do. It's so aggravating. I was so mad I tried to rip the controller in half. The plastic is very flexible not that hard to break. I spammed clear a million times.........

Try going towards the ball instead of giving them the opportunity to shoot

I would if the game would switch the player in time and not wait like 4 seconds before the player gets selected so I can actually do something. Once that's done, the reaction time is 3 milliseconds. Input lag and the slow selection kills me.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    Why even play?
  • InfernaL
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Why even play?

Because I'm dumb and I love everything about FUT. But crap like this just makes it unpleasant and frustrating.
  • G123
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    just looks like bad defending to me
  • blue9
    1005 posts Professional
    The centre back for the last goal HAHAHA
  • Zv1k0
    6148 posts Big Money Move
    G123 wrote: »

• Drade89
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    G123 wrote: »

I hate comments like this.. And you are what kind of player?
  • bgp1845
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2017
    first goal was jammy af but the other two were decent from your opponent.

2nd goal you kept backing off and gave him all the time in the world. and it looked like your defender could have been blocking your keepers vision.
  • Kpaxart
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    yes~agree
  • InfernaL
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    bgp1845 wrote: »

2nd goal you kept backing off and gave him all the time in the world. and it looked like your defender could have been blocking your keepers vision.

First goal I was spamming circle so he clears the ball. The 2nd goal I had Parolo selected, the player that makes the late tackle but at the same time I was trying to switch to Koulibaly but it just wouldn't do it, and then when it did the ball was already in. And lastly, the 3rd goal I was spamming circle to clear to ball but the defender just danced around attacker and that was that.
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move
  • King_Boontai
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    You're not even playing weekend league my man, I'd hate to think what you would do then.
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    When deffending its all about hitting the right button ONCE at the right time
  • bgp1845 wrote: »

See this is what gets me with people. Why do some say...'dont rush the player, stand off and jockey with L2' and others like you say....'you kept backing off'

Its one or the other.....so which is it!!!?
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    Got promoted to Div 4 last night unbeaten, my defending is slowly improving and goals are so easy to score.
  • Dazzler
    2156 posts Fans' Favourite
    FrLOINE.jpg

Sorry your are not going to win with a broken controller. That’s your problem, use a working one you might start winning.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16010 posts World Class
    Not as bad as what I just seen on facebook.....
    Screenshot_20171004-091706_1.jpg

:D:D
  • MiIan
    12636 posts Has That Special Something
    Funny how literally every kind of player that thought he was good at defending because the AI did everything for him last year does collapse in FIFA 18. No it's not a bad game, your just being exposed of being a bad defender, finally.
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something
    MiIan wrote: »
    Funny how literally every kind of player that thought he was good at defending because the AI did everything for him last year does collapse in FIFA 18. No it's not a bad game, your just being exposed of being a bad defender, finally.

It is a bad game though.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16010 posts World Class
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

It is a bad game though.

I agree with this statement for the most part. I'm still strangely undecided even at this stage...which isn't usually the case. The game is better in some way....it's got the feel of a 1 step forward, 2 steps back sorta feel to it...
  • Mini_Miudo

It is a bad game though.

I agree with this statement for the most part. I'm still strangely undecided even at this stage...which isn't usually the case. The game is better in some way....it's got the feel of a 1 step forward, 2 steps back sorta feel to it...

The only thing better than '17 is that you can't let the AI defend for you. Otherwise it gets crushed.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16010 posts World Class

It is a bad game though.

The only thing better than '17 is that you can't let the AI defend for you. Otherwise it gets crushed.

I think player individuality is better...if you get what I mean dude. Like the better players do actually feel better. Passing seems more in depth...defending for me just need a little tweak, and then it would be significantly better. Squad battles I think is a great edition for making extra coin. I'm not playing online yet tbh, until o master defending a little better and feel more comfortable. But I'll get there m I think squad battles helps learn game mechanics in a competitive mode. There is some "school boy errors" tho. ..the radar, squad numbers resetting etc...
  • Waspy
    3892 posts National Call-Up

It is a bad game though.

THIS!!!!

Yes, great that manual defending is a thing, what isn't great is the player switching and button delay make it almost impossible to manually defend properly.

How can you include a new mechanic but it's key prerequisites don't function correctly!!! Utter madness, that coupled with the sludgey slow gameplay make this so far the worst instalment at related stage so far.
  • Waspy
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    You'd think they could address these issues seeing as they were prevalent throughout the duration of 17.........
  • LeonStuddz
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I find getting tight to the attacker and jockeying works best for me. I'm definitely not a brilliant defender but I've got a decent record on this game at the moment.
  • MiIan
    12636 posts Has That Special Something
    Whenever I need a laugh I'll read this comments. Amazing.
  • Mini_Miudo
    Whenever I need a laugh I'll read this comments. Amazing.

These* comments. You're welcome. :)
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    @Mini_Miudo don't you like the game? :D
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    First goal happens too often, your defenders reaction to intercepting the ball is too slow and the attackers momentum just takes him through.

Second goal is what I hate most about the defending on this game. Defenders backing off so deep, not holding a line on the edge of the area, or getting tight to the forwards. EA need to try watching a real game of football.

Third goal another case of defenders dropping too deep. They just want to play everyone onside by about 5 yards ALL the time. And it seems like tackling with O is so weak, I rarely win the ball back by just using O.

Game has major flaws with the positioning of defence and defending in general. But I am happy to see it become more manual!