The Average Player's Dillema

nsholmberg11
1110 posts Professional
Hi, I'm Nick and I'm an average but avid FIFA player.

I'm enjoying this years game but have a strategic dillema I face every year. After starting out strong with Squad Battles and early access I woke up this morning realizing my club is actually worth a lot of coin- around 180k on Xbox. Normally I don't get to this level until after the holidays which is great. But at what point do you think, ah I should sell my 3-4 squads and go all out on 1 top level squad? Or chase the OTW Spurs players? (Usually avoid epl in the beginning bc inflation)

Ya feel me, know what I'm saying?! If you're an average player and just want to commiserate, please do. Cheers!

Comments

• Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nick- I would choose squads so you can keep fitness and sell two and see where that takes you. You should be able to afford otw Sanchez with that.

I only go one top team at the end as can make a lot of money selling squad fitness during WL.
  • nsholmberg11
    1110 posts Professional
    Thanks, that would definitely work. Also curious what the rest of us average players are experiencing.

Being a Spurs fan it's hard to resist the urge on the OTWs but epl prices are just ridiculous.
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    Like you, i'd consider myself a average player and because of SBC pack luck, I find myself with a lot more coin than normal. I normally have around 100k at this point but if I sold up i'd have over 1M.

I was using cheap teams and decided to put a lot of coin into one team and then a smaller amount into another team as I like to rotate after each game. The better players made a big difference and I felt a difference massively.

My advice would be put it into one team, or most into one and build another just to keep fitness up. You will see and feel a difference with better players this year.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    I agree with the person that said to go with two squads.

Start building two squads you can rotate every other game and if you never have to use fitness cards you'll make coins that much quicker. I personally use a Serie A squad and a Bundesliga squad since the Premier League guys are way overpriced at the moment.

You can get some good deals out there right now ... Hamsik is only 60k, Icardi is less than 4k, Perisic is cheap, Florenzi isn't too bad, etc... Two teams with non-PL leagues is a great way to go.
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »

Start building two squads you can rotate every other game and if you never have to use fitness cards you'll make coins that much quicker. I personally use a Serie A squad and a Bundesliga squad since the Premier League guys are way overpriced at the moment.

You can get some good deals out there right now ... Hamsik is only 60k, Icardi is less than 4k, Perisic is cheap, Florenzi isn't too bad, etc... Two teams with non-PL leagues is a great way to go.

You can get very good Serie A or Bundes teams for cheap. For a second XI, Liga Nos is a great league...cheap and can get a lot of good players that are decent in game.
  • nsholmberg11
    1110 posts Professional
    Thanks all, running 2 tight squads is the way to go I just struggle to actually do it! I do enjoy using fitness squads for the Squad Battles though, plus the rewards since I never qualified for WL before (was Div 1 before WL came about).

My Current Top Squad:
    htps://www.futbin.com/18/squad/172316

• CtldChaos
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »

You can get very good Serie A or Bundes teams for cheap. For a second XI, Liga Nos is a great league...cheap and can get a lot of good players that are decent in game.

Also look at Ligue1. There are a bunch of good options around the field with some serious upgrade options available and hybrid opportunities all over the place. Tip: Look at Seri, the Kante of L1.
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    I have more coins than any other year. I did do 12k points with the game, got some decent pulls, but incredibly pulled tradable Hazard and Griezmann from fairly basic SBCs. Couldn’t believe it.

Am certain players will be more expensive than any other Fifa as it seems easier to get packs and rewards this year. It will create inflation, simple economics.

I would go all in for one great squad and fitness it every 2 games.
  • nsholmberg11
    1110 posts Professional
    Thanks again everyone!

Funny enough, I'm running a Serie A main squad and Ligue 1 fitness squad (also have a Dutch Turkish fitness squad). Haven't used Seri yet, have to pick him up now!