Career Mode Improvement Thread!

TeamExtreme17
2420 posts Fans' Favourite
edited August 2018
I have copied my thread of the old forum and want you guys to give as much feedback on how to improve Career Mode as you can and hopefully @EA_Andy passes all of our great ideas on to the Fifa dev team! It would be great if this thread could be stickied to the top of the page to keep all ideas in one place. I will strike out any ideas that have been implemented in to Fifa 19 Career Mode..

* Cut-scenes for press conferences, new signings, manager unveilings, manager of the month, manager of the year, player of the month, player of the year. Like in The Journey! PORT THEM!!

* Create your manager's appearance (like create a player) instead of having to use the in-game avatars. (including normal gear and cold weather gear)

* Manually select friendlies. One off fixtures or Tournaments (Including naming the tournament: Emirates Cup etc). You should be able to choose a date on the calendar, invite a team, they accept or decline..

* Bring back game face. (this would be beneficial to the above and also player career ^)

* Let us chose REAL managers that are actually in the game (So if I select Manchester United i can be Jose Mourinho OR a created manager).

* Overhaul edit player, there is a bug called the cold weather gear that hasn't been fixed for years. See the Create / Edit Player Improvement Thread!:

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/312795/create-edit-player-improvement-thread

* Let us edit generic faces.

* Show player profile pictures for ALL players, even if it's their in-game starhead.

* DLC custom face packs for the hundreds of generic player faces. See The Fifa 19 Starhead Thread:

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/383122/fifa-19-starhead-thread

* Balon D'or / World Footballer Of The Year awards (including cut-scenes)

* Generic Stadiums: Please add more stadiums outside of the PL (Benfica, Porto, Celtic, Napoli, Barcelona etc.), including international stadiums like Friends Arena, Warsaw stadium (to make International manager more authentic). As for generic stadiums please see the Edit Stadiums Improvement Thread!:

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/312825/edit-stadiums-improvement-thread

* Stadium exteriors: Why does Wembley have an exterior view in The Journey but not career mode? At least port it!!

* Realistic transfers, why do Man Utd sign Lewandowski when they have Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Martial & Rashford!? If they make a big signing then in real life they'd sell too, not have them all sat on the bench. Teams should only buy for where they are weakest in their squad..

* Create a stadium, you had this in Fifa Manager? PORT IT!!

NBA 19 has Create a Court, so whats your excuse?

* Option to set club captain & vice-captain when you take over a club / country,

* Loan players should not be able to play against you if you loan them out, and they shouldn't be available for you when you play a team you have a loaned player from either. (Think Fosu-Mensah against Manchester United).

* Option to buy a player and a send a player going on loan the other way.

* When you edit a players squad number, show who's number it is replacing, that way you know if the number is free or not.

* Add the official PL intro music, this was in Fifa 16 but not Fifa 17?

* Let us rename generic competitions (Champions Cup > Champions League)

* Add Club World Cup (even a generic version)

* Realistic scouting results, why am I being suggested players like Ronaldo when I am Stoke?

* Add the option of only searching for players within your budget. (This is in PES)

* Make international job offers more realistic (option to turn them off)

* Start as an international manager.

* More job offers if doing well.

* Auto training, players should still train if I don't do them manually.

* Change the competitions badge on players sleeves depending on the competition. (this means the badge should be a separate entity to the players shirt, not etched into it like it has been since Fifa 2000). Champions League would then have Champions League sleeve badges and when you get promoted to the PL you will have the PL badge on your sleeve.

* Add arena effect to the soundtrack when in the in-game menu, to create the feeling of being at the stadium (this is in PES)

* Why decide to stop making Fifa Manager and then not use any of the things from that game in Fifa? You could port most of it!!

* Option to turn Real Fixtures On or Off.

* Option to use Icons in Career Mode, turning them to On would see them be available to sign from Free Agents.

* Option to start jobless and wait for offers.

* Option to start in chosen league at Early (default), Middle (mid-season), or End of pre-season (First league game: To cut out pre-season altogether)

* Play Football Manager to see how a manager mode should be.

@EA_Andy @EA_Aidan Please tell EA to read all of these great fans' suggestions off their official forum, instead of Twitter / YouTube, the game is a mess and these things are such simple things that should of been added years ago. If they thoroughly read this site, they will realise we are doing all their work for them. (check great threads like The Fifa 19 Stadiums Thread, The Fifa 19 Starhead Thread, Devs Are Ignoring SIMPLE But IMPORTANT Things!, GOAL NET, Unrealistic Shirt Fonts etc)

P.S. It would be nice if this thread could be stickied to the top of the Fifa 18 Career Mode section, for EA to read and take note from their hardcore Career mode users?
Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on

Comments

• Thatsgold007
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    We appreciate your efforts man but theres just no point anymore... It is very clear that EA doesn't give a rats **** about pur beloved career mode.

Unfortunately i wasted my money again this year for basically the same game as i had from last year...
  • Tooks1
    10 posts Ball Boy
    Just jump to PES. Konami actually care about what we want. Career mode is long dead, EA are a-holes who only care about UT.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    I have copied my thread of the old forum and want you guys to give as much feedback on how to improve Career Mode as you can

What’s the point? It’s useless. 5-6 years of smartest ideas and brilliant suggestions for improvements have been listed here billion times gave us nothing. Not even we got any feedback.
    Do you still believe our suggestions are interesting for EA? I give up with them.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Unfortunately i wasted my money again this year for basically the same game as i had from last year...

Sorry, mate. Fortunately for me I didn’t waste my money this year. I intended to read topics here before buying this product.
  • The transfer budgets should be fixed. If I get a promotion to a major league I would get prompted with sponsor offers and investors. Plus fix the bugs where cash awards are not added to the transfer budget. Please please please
  • TeamExtreme17
    Bump in time for Fifa 19..
  • Hey man I appreciate the time you put in this! Let’s hope for us CM fans we get a solid improvement!
  • TeamExtreme17
    Hey man I appreciate the time you put in this! Let’s hope for us CM fans we get a solid improvement!

Fingers crossed.
  • Webdizzle
    70 posts Park Captain
    I would like to see you have a manager rating. Maybe start with 1 star and earn up to 10 giving you reputation to get better jobs attract better players and earn more money.
  • josefontebaby
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    One thing that really annoyed me was that we didn't get Claude Puel last year, but for some reason he is an agent for several **** players as well as being Leicester's manager. Small team players need to get recognition. For example, Jack Stephens has been pretty class this season outperforming a hell of a lot of 81+ centre backs but unless he moves, he will be a non rare silver in ut with potential under 80. Even when he got 3 goals in 3 games his rating did not change. in fact his potential lowered, and he's still 71 despite England call up rumours.
    under 23's league football needs to be in there even if it's a complete simulation because you waste your junior players with them sitting there for cup games. You need to engage the community regularly with ratings as well rather than just looking at top four players performance wise. You seriously ignore small teams way too much not changing their ratings at all
  • josefontebaby
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    in summary: you **** on southampton players way too much. Our midfield and Defence have been more than decent, Lemina, Stephens and Bertrand in particular have been amazing with 0 ratings change all year. I mean, Shane Long is still gold........... He has scored 1 in 1195 minutes this season. I wouldn't mind if you downgraded most of our team, just do it on performance and not just "they are ****, downgrade their players"
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited May 2018
    I dont understand why they cant port things from The Journey in to Career Mode when they add them! Just seen a cut-scene before the MLS Cup Final showing the manager giving a team talk in the changing room telling the players to go out and win it! Not to mention the pre/post match interviews etc.. They would be awesome in Player / Manager Career Mode!!

I was unveiled at Atletico Madrid with Diego Simeone sat beside me too.. Why isnt this stuff in Career Mode, EA!!??

Please bring in someone to work solely on Career Mode and carry on the fantastic work Simon Humber did!! @EA_Andy
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Time wasting.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Time wasting.

We will see.
  • MrDentonJr23
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Some ideas from @TeamExtreme17 that I like and I put my 2 cents in too.

- Cut-scenes for press conferences, new signings, manager unveilings, manager of the month, manager of the year, player of the month, player of the year. Match build ups, before a derby, fans , debate shows

-Create your manager's appearance (like create a player) instead of having to use the in-game avatars. (including normal gear and cold weather gear)

- Bring back game face. (this would be beneficial to the above and also player career ^)

- Let us chose REAL managers that are actually in the game. Pick Retired players to be managers or apart of the staff. Build your Staff.

- Overhaul edit player, players appearance, players Nr.
    Be able to change a players number even if you're not
    in control of that team.

- Let us edit generic faces.

- Show player profile pictures for ALL players, even if it's their in-game starhead.

- DLC custom face packs for the hundreds of generic player faces.

- Balon D'or / World Footballer Of The Year awards (including cut-scenes) , be able to rate too ...

- Generic Stadiums: Please add more stadiums outside of the PL (Benfica, Porto, Celtic, Napoli, Barcelona etc.), including international stadiums like Friends Arena, Warsaw stadium (to make International manager more authentic).

- Stadium exteriors, why does Wembley have an exterior view in The Journey but not career mode?

- Realistic transfers, why do Man Utd sign Lewandowski when they have Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Martial & Rashford!? If they make a big signing then in real life they'd sell too, not have them all sat on the bench. If you put a player on the transfers market you should have alot of offers from all over big or small team. And the offers can be lower then the players market price. Also the player should be able to pick and choose where he's wants to go. Give the manager a wishlist of teams he would prefer and interact with teams on his own.

- Create a stadium, you had this in Fifa Manager?

- Option to set club captain & vice-captain when you take over a club / country,

- Loan players should not be able to play against you if you loan them out, and they shouldn't be available for you when you play a team you have a loaned player from either. (think Januzaj against Man Utd).

- Option to buy a player and a send a player going on loan the other way.

- When you edit a players squad number, show who's number it is replacing, that way you know if the number is free or not.

- Add the official PL intro music, this was in Fifa 16 but not Fifa 17?

- Let us rename generic competitions (champions cup > champions league)

- Realistic scouting results, why am I being suggested players like Ronaldo when I am Stoke?

- Add the option of only searching for players within your budget.

- Make international job offers more realistic, (option to turn them off), Have the option to only be a international team coach.

- Start as an international manager.

- More job offers if doing well.

- Auto training, players should still train if I don't do them manually.

- Change the competitions badge on players sleeves depending on the competition. (this means the badge should be a separate entity to the players shirt, not etched into it like it has been since Fifa 2000). champions cup would then have generic sleeve badges and when you get promoted to the PL you will have the PL badge on your sleeve.

- Add arena effect to the soundtrack when in the in-game menu, to create the feeling of being at the stadium (this is in PES)

- Why decide to stop making Fifa Manager and then not use any of the things from that game in Fifa?

- Option to turn Real Fixtures On or Off.

- Option to use Icons in Career Mode, turning them to On would see them be available to sign from Free Agents.

- Option to start jobless and wait for offers.

- Option to start halfway through a season. Or like 2k play Today where you start at today's date with all current results. Fifa comes out September 28, the season already started. So you could start right where your team is by then. Realistic!!!

- Option to start in chosen league at Early, Middle, or End of pre-season (First league game: To cut out pre-season altogether)

- Option to be in control of multiple teams at the same time.

- All Team teams, classic Teams like Real Madrid 03/04, Barca 09, Bayern 01 ....

- Club History, all time scorer boards, players be able to set goals at club, manger demanding players to break records like man city did this season, fan and board
    expectations

Thanks to @TeamExtreme17 ....great ideas!!!
  • TeamExtreme17
    Some ideas from @TeamExtreme17 that I like and I put my 2 cents in too.

- Cut-scenes for press conferences, new signings, manager unveilings, manager of the month, manager of the year, player of the month, player of the year. Match build ups, before a derby, fans , debate shows

-Create your manager's appearance (like create a player) instead of having to use the in-game avatars. (including normal gear and cold weather gear)

- Bring back game face. (this would be beneficial to the above and also player career ^)

- Let us chose REAL managers that are actually in the game. Pick Retired players to be managers or apart of the staff. Build your Staff.

- Overhaul edit player, players appearance, players Nr.
    Be able to change a players number even if you're not
    in control of that team.

- Let us edit generic faces.

- Show player profile pictures for ALL players, even if it's their in-game starhead.

- DLC custom face packs for the hundreds of generic player faces.

- Balon D'or / World Footballer Of The Year awards (including cut-scenes) , be able to rate too ...

- Generic Stadiums: Please add more stadiums outside of the PL (Benfica, Porto, Celtic, Napoli, Barcelona etc.), including international stadiums like Friends Arena, Warsaw stadium (to make International manager more authentic).

- Stadium exteriors, why does Wembley have an exterior view in The Journey but not career mode?

- Realistic transfers, why do Man Utd sign Lewandowski when they have Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Martial & Rashford!? If they make a big signing then in real life they'd sell too, not have them all sat on the bench. If you put a player on the transfers market you should have alot of offers from all over big or small team. And the offers can be lower then the players market price. Also the player should be able to pick and choose where he's wants to go. Give the manager a wishlist of teams he would prefer and interact with teams on his own.

- Create a stadium, you had this in Fifa Manager?

- Option to set club captain & vice-captain when you take over a club / country,

- Loan players should not be able to play against you if you loan them out, and they shouldn't be available for you when you play a team you have a loaned player from either. (think Januzaj against Man Utd).

- Option to buy a player and a send a player going on loan the other way.

- When you edit a players squad number, show who's number it is replacing, that way you know if the number is free or not.

- Add the official PL intro music, this was in Fifa 16 but not Fifa 17?

- Let us rename generic competitions (champions cup > champions league)

- Realistic scouting results, why am I being suggested players like Ronaldo when I am Stoke?

- Add the option of only searching for players within your budget.

- Make international job offers more realistic, (option to turn them off), Have the option to only be a international team coach.

- Start as an international manager.

- More job offers if doing well.

- Auto training, players should still train if I don't do them manually.

- Change the competitions badge on players sleeves depending on the competition. (this means the badge should be a separate entity to the players shirt, not etched into it like it has been since Fifa 2000). champions cup would then have generic sleeve badges and when you get promoted to the PL you will have the PL badge on your sleeve.

- Add arena effect to the soundtrack when in the in-game menu, to create the feeling of being at the stadium (this is in PES)

- Why decide to stop making Fifa Manager and then not use any of the things from that game in Fifa?

- Option to turn Real Fixtures On or Off.

- Option to use Icons in Career Mode, turning them to On would see them be available to sign from Free Agents.

- Option to start jobless and wait for offers.

- Option to start halfway through a season. Or like 2k play Today where you start at today's date with all current results. Fifa comes out September 28, the season already started. So you could start right where your team is by then. Realistic!!!

- Option to start in chosen league at Early, Middle, or End of pre-season (First league game: To cut out pre-season altogether)

- Option to be in control of multiple teams at the same time.

- All Team teams, classic Teams like Real Madrid 03/04, Barca 09, Bayern 01 ....

- Club History, all time scorer boards, players be able to set goals at club, manger demanding players to break records like man city did this season, fan and board
    expectations

Thanks to @TeamExtreme17 ....great ideas!!!

Thanks man, lets hope @EA_Andy shows the devs my ideas!! And if no one from EA is bothering with Career Mode let me put my name forward to carry on Simon Humber's great work .. Hire me to work on Career Mode, EA!?
  • TeamExtreme17
    Can't wait for Gamescom :/
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited August 2018
    Updated OP and added:

* Manually select friendlies. One off fixtures or Tournaments (Including naming the tournament: Emirates Cup etc). You should be able to choose a date on the calendar, invite a team, they accept or decline..

* Add Club World Cup (even a generic version)
  • TeamExtreme17
    Can this thread be moved to the Fifa 19 section please @Alastair ?
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Can this thread be moved to the Fifa 19 section please @Alastair ?

Please use the existing CM thread over there. :)

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/397181/career-mode/p1