Create / Edit Player Improvement Thread!

TeamExtreme17
2268 posts Fans' Favourite
edited August 2018
So here we are again, this mode hasn't been updated now for nearly 10 years! Please EA at least improve it for us offline players to give us the options "in-game" that the data reviewers get behind the scenes, like the cold weather option (This will fix the winter gear bug!) and changing a player's celebration, Fellaini's real life celebration is in the game but not set too him by default and I cant manually give it him! Also, players running styles, free-kick / penalty stances, generic player faces etc should all be editable!! This mode is in dire need of a complete revamp, here are a few suggestions on how Create / Edit Player should look:

* Undershirts with holes for fingers: Some players has this type of undershirt in matches like Lacazette or Yaya Touré for example :

* New type of colour : Same as kit. We should choose the colour "same as kit" for all accessories like ankle tapes or wrist tape, here are examples of players with accessories with the same colour as the kit colour (Suarez, Marco Reus, etc...) "Giving players red wrist tape doesn't work, as when in white away kit they still wear red wrist tape and it looks off!"
446370_heroa.jpg
2274965_w1.jpg

* Undershorts: Why are they defaulted to every single player in Fifa, and only when it rains, snows or is overcast? Add them as an option! Lampard wore them all year round like Rooney does with the undershirt.. Add long undershorts too? That Robben wears for example..
548189089-robben-arjen-football-midfielder-fc-bayern-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXi%2BZ1bbm1Ob7VGKOyeJeYbYvMqSiVC%2B5tMjvdlbOOfFUYFMuI1wqnqoihHyF7f2UBQ%3D%3D

* 3/4 rolled up sleeves like this following example: (You have Ronaldo wearing them on your Fifa 19 cover!!)
article-2514676-1999877D00000578-610_306x423.jpg
postal-real-madrid-a4-sergio-ramos-2015-2016.jpg
cristiano-ronaldo-re-8.jpg

* Revert a Player to Default: When we save a player, we can't them revert him back to his default appearance? So if we notice these bugs (Winter Gear & De Gea examples) and save him, were stuck with how he has been saved, a simple “Default Player” option wouldn't go a miss so we can at least revert your mistakes....

* Game Face: Why cant we use Game Face to apply a face to generic players / created players? This way the community could create a lot of faces for players who don't have one, and share them?

* Generic Player Faces: Why can't we edit generic player faces? If you can't give them custom faces at least let us edit them to make them slightly resemble the player!!

* 3D beards!? Please add them! Like this:
Olivier-Giroud-822031.jpg

* Add generic tattoos to put on our Pro / Created Player.

* Add more player positions? Like I wanted to make a created player with just the CM position, but you can only make him a CAM or CDM. Add a second and third position so you can make a player seem more dynamic. So you can give a player the following:

Position 1 (Natural): CM
Position 2: CAM
Position 3: CDM

* Coloured Gloves: They are already in the game, but you don't put them on players that actually wear them!? WHY? Example: "Again, the Same As Kit option is needed to match away and 3rd kit colours"
Oscar-Eden-Hazard-Chelsea.jpg

* Hairstyles: Don't you think it's a about time we can at least change a player's hairstyle ourselves? If a player changes his hair in real life, we shouldn't have to wait 5 years for you to update him, we could simply do it ourselves, even something so simple as changing Falcao's headband from the default black colour to a white one like he wore for Man Utd

* Player Masks: Add the mask players wear when they break their nose / cheekbone..
lewandowski_mask_3.jpg?itok=o_on7E2Q

* Copy Player: This would be used to copy another player, like Ronaldo for example, then revert everything back to default apart from whatever you wanted to stay on the chosen player of Ronaldo's, for example his hairstyle! So you would select Rooney for example, go to Copy Player then choose "Ronaldo", then default everything of Rooney back but the hair, that way you could have Rooney with Ronaldo's hair! And this feature could be used to update a lot of players in game with incorrect hairstyles so we can use real ones instead of generic ones! This feature is called Base Copy in PES and is awesome for players who play offline who like to keep things like this updated!

Also when you zoom in on a player to change his appearance etc. (upper body) zoom in further so you get this type of view:
CCWklUqW0AENV7X.jpg:large

This is how Edit Player should look with the new options:

* Player Face: (Editable only if generic)
* Game Face: On or Off
* Facial Hair: Including new beard types
* Boots:
* Hairstyle:
* Sleeve Length: Short, Long or 3/4
* Tight Kits: Off, On or Team Default (And I suggest setting this option to the actual teams who wear these kits not the individual players who play for them, so set tight kits to Arsenal and not their players like Podolski for example, as now he is still wearing a tight Kit for Inter Milan, which him nor Inter actually wear! He only wore one at Arsenal because their kits are Techfits!)
* Undershirt: On, Off or Winter Only (Setting it to On would see players wear it all year round, like Rooney does, and Winter Only would wear short or long sleeves in the summer, and an undershirt in the winter - which is essentially the Cold Weather Gear option)
* Undershorts: On, Off, Winter Only
- Undershorts Length: Short or Long (Robben)
* Gloves: On, Off, Winter Only
- Colour: Black, Same As Kit (Currently White is the default colour, this need changing to Black!!)
* Wrist Tape Left: Off or On
- Colour: White, Black, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Same As Kit (whatever the default kit colour is, this would get round players like Reus who wears yellow when playing in Dortmunds home kit, and black when in their away kit! Just like you automatically set the undershirts / undershorts colour to match the colour of the shirts / shorts)
* Wrist Tape Right: Off or On
- Colour: White, Black, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Same As Kit
* Sweat Band: Same as above ^
* Hand Bandage: Same as above ^
* Bracelet: Same as above ^
* Headband Colour: If applicable (Falcao etc)
* Body Type: Lean, Bulky or Large (Because you get a lot of them wrong by default)
* Mask: On or Off (Lewandowski)
- Mask Colour: ---
* Running Celebration 1:
* Finishing Celebration 1:
* Running Celebration 2:
* Finishing Celebration 2:
* Running Style:
* Free-Kick Stance:
* Penalty Stance:
* Default Player: Yes / No
* Copy Player: Select player

Can you please pass this on @EA_Andy ?
Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on

Comments

• Man0nf1r3
    80 posts Park Captain
    I agree with everything in this thread, edit mode has been neglected for years! Great Ideas
  • ElDiabl0
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Fantastic post.
  • Great post! This is how it should be!!
  • HarryKein
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agree
  • henryclay1844
    915 posts Professional
    How many years since they've updated the birth years? The youngest player you can create was born 1998. There are many many 16 and 17 year olds in the games already, but you can't create those who aren't like, Pietro Pellegri.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Bump in time for Fifa 19..
  • Lexman
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Totally agree!
  • KAMCIO2494
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited February 2018
    Great idea, but as we know EA SPORTS and that how they listening us, maybe in FIFA 30 maybe...
    Edit generic coaches(menagers) stadiums and boots it can be beutifull ;)
  • henryclay1844
    915 posts Professional
    They haven't bothered to change the lowest date for creating a player so you can't create anyone under 18. This is helping bug players in career mode. I don't think it's possible for them to care less about non-FUT modes at this point.
  • Great Post! Agree completely with this.. Also they should let us edit a players age
  • dmur
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    This is everything that PES has. Although from 17 onwards I think they took out the option of editing a real player’s hairstyle but everything else you mentioned is still there
  • Mr_Smith89
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    +1
  • Ads_86
    328 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great post, edit mode needs a kick up the arse in FIFA.
  • yes but what about bug when you want to edit a player who is 18 years old and suddenly he become 57 years old
  • NMattMK3
    52 posts Park Captain
    Hey all, anyone else have a hard time equipping the Nike CR7 Chapter 4 after unlocking all 10 boot packs??
  • TeamExtreme17
    Bump, EA...
  • airpreezy
    962 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2018
    awesome thread, i only wish someone from EA sees this
    i remember back in 2016/17 the EA Sports CEO said they would add more customization to fifa and other EA Sports games, but only nhl got more options

+option to add tattoos for your player like for alex hunter in journey
  • ChrisW1991
    935 posts Semi-Pro
    Love this post!! Agree with everything you have said, edit mode has needed upgrading for years! Shocks me how on UFC games you can choose big realistic looking beards yet on FIFA it's still the old gen beards, great idea about editing generic faces too.. We can do it on PES so why not FIFA?
    With undershorts and undershirts, it should be basic to add the option to be able to set players to wear them in the summer and winter.. FIFA are so far behind in their edit mode this needs a serious revamp
  • airpreezy
    962 posts Semi-Pro
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Love this post!! Agree with everything you have said, edit mode has needed upgrading for years! Shocks me how on UFC games you can choose big realistic looking beards yet on FIFA it's still the old gen beards, great idea about editing generic faces too.. We can do it on PES so why not FIFA?
    With undershorts and undershirts, it should be basic to add the option to be able to set players to wear them in the summer and winter.. FIFA are so far behind in their edit mode this needs a serious revamp

+1

but UFC´s create mode isn´t that good to be honest, those beards look bad and not enough options.
    But still a lot better than fifa´s, the create a player mode has not changed since fifa 06

best yet is the one from PES/WWE/NHL/BA Live or NBA 2K in my opinion
  • DelboyIRA
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    First, they need to fix that when I want to change boots to some random 18 years, old player, or to change his position he became 56 years old
  • LoPo9
    939 posts Professional
    I'm not trying to be controversial, but is offline worth it? I haven't played offline mode in quite some time. I think I stopped a few years ago because the Computer controlled AI was just so predictable. Sometimes, they would let you pass and control the ball and sometimes they simply wouldn't.

I used to love creating a player and watch him rise through the ranks and doing Career Mode stuff. So I'm asking, is offline (Career, etc.) worth it or are all these unchanged created player options added to the list of offline concerns?

• henryclay1844
    915 posts Professional
    Any of you guys played MlB the Show? It's creation features are amazing and you can edit computer generated players even in Franchise mode. I don't think you can edit hair for real players though, so that's one of it's downsides. One of my favorite players grew a giant Afro this year and they don't really do those kinds of updates, but in everything it puts FIFA to absolute shame. And it's got it's own dumb micro-transaction card game but it doesn't prevent actual attention going into others modes.
  • ChrisW1991
    935 posts Semi-Pro
    LoPo9 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be controversial, but is offline worth it? I haven't played offline mode in quite some time. I think I stopped a few years ago because the Computer controlled AI was just so predictable. Sometimes, they would let you pass and control the ball and sometimes they simply wouldn't.

I used to love creating a player and watch him rise through the ranks and doing Career Mode stuff. So I'm asking, is offline (Career, etc.) worth it or are all these unchanged created player options added to the list of offline concerns?

Of course it's worth it.. Theres still a lot of players who play offline only
  • OptimusFawkes
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bump, EA...

Great post, I agree with everything you said.

But what is the "winter gear bug"? This was a problem in FIFA 17 and previous years, where editing them would lose their underarmour/long sleeve during the winter.

But I think in FIFA 18 they fixed it right? I've edited Mbappe's boots, tape, kit tightness, wrist tape several times and he still retains his underarmour long sleeve during the winter time. So i'm a bit confused.
  • OptimusFawkes
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2018
    Also, another addition should be the ankle tape. FIFA 18 still have the option to have tape right under the shin pad - like from 10-15 years ago (think of Gerrard in 2006-10).

But today, a lot of players have sort of "ankle socks" as their tape. They wear a white ankle sock over their regular socks. Like this:
    http://www.thetopshoesstore.com/product_detail.php?c=dele alli adidas predator 18&p=9
  • henryclay1844
    915 posts Professional
    Please reduce the youngest age you can make a player it is up to 19 now I think, it needs to be at least 16 if not 15, so for FIFA 19 kids born in 2003.
  • MrDentonJr23
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Great Post
  • MuriloCr$
    58 posts Park Captain
    Amazing ideas. Unfortunately they barely will be used or aren't will.
  • How about expanding positions? Like I wanted to make a created player with just the CM position, but you can only make him a CAM or CDM. Or maybe you can add secondary positions so you can make a player seem more dynamic.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited August 2018
    Updated OP..

Can this please be moved to the Fifa 19 section please @Alastair ?
    Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on