Passing stats

Nana_bitty
1728 posts Play-Off Hero
Can someone please explain why we have passing stats, vision stats etc
It just seems every player can make an x pass accurately and at speed. The game is virtually ping pong.
I'm enjoying all the other aspects of the game but I feel the passing is letting what could be a good game down

Comments

• CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Toni Kroos, arguably the best passer in the world completely useless, because he lacks pace and a 75 rated gold CB can pass on his level. Just shows everything that's wrong with this game.
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Toni Kroos, arguably the best passer in the world completely useless, because he lacks pace and a 75 rated gold CB can pass on his level. Just shows everything that's wrong with this game.

I'm actually getting quite bored of the unimaginative play. People are just x passing with no loss of accuracy until they arrive at a shooting position. I really don't see the point in upgrading the full team when it's like this, I could just buy a superstar cam and bang long shots all day
  • OZero
    5185 posts Big Money Move

When will you quit Fifa 18? I hope it happens ASAP.
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    OZero wrote: »

What's that got to do with the post?
  • OZero
    99% of his post is criticising the game, and I honestly don't understand why play the game if he is so dissatisfied. Is that a kind of masochism?
  • Lukaku9
    353 posts Sunday League Hero
    99% of his post is criticising the game, and I honestly don't understand why play the game if he is so dissatisfied. Is that a kind of masochism?

Is he not right though ping pong passing is easy regardless who you have in the team. Same goes for long range shots. I scored hat trick with phil jones all outside the box.
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
  • ValtorSadek
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I will be up front and honest with you.... I have zero idea what passing stats are for now.

Id also like to ask what are interception stats for???

Hopefully someone from the community or from EA can explain to us what impact these stats have in FIFA18.
  • Bbbbbbbb
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect

I find kroos to be one of the best midfielders I have used. Always involved in play and his pace is never a problem
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bbbbbbbb wrote: »

I find kroos to be one of the best midfielders I have used. Always involved in play and his pace is never a problem

The problem is, you can replicate what Kroos does with cheaper players who have 60-70 passing.
  • Mosaab
    74 posts Park Captain
    passing need to be tuned .. especially when passing inside the box .. the defenders do nothing .. it is like the passing is locked .. I am not asking to go back to fifa 17 passing which was very bad .. but at least tune it little bit .. players with high passing stats should shine.
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mosaab wrote: »
    passing need to be tuned .. especially when passing inside the box .. the defenders do nothing .. it is like the passing is locked .. I am not asking to go back to fifa 17 passing which was very bad .. but at least tune it little bit .. players with high passing stats should shine.

Exactly this. The game is quickly getting boring for me playing against what feels like the same team over and over, all having accurate passers of the ball
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    you can say this about all stats bar the physical ones and skill stars. I feel the majority of stats are to define how a card performs under AI control. Once in the hands of a user, throw them out.

Which is why high pace is the b-all and end - all for many.
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    edited October 2017

Why should I quit when I'm winning 90% of my games, lol? Would crush you blindfolded if I want to.

Game has still major flaws though, especially the fact that the skill gap got reduced so much because every noob can score (guess that's why you like it so much).

I post whatever I want btw., at least I contribute to this forum, unlike you who has his tongue deep down in EA's b*tt because he was too bad to score last year :smiley:

Keep opening bullsh*t threads expressing your paranoia because of the defense though, they're hilarious to read. You're just dreadful at FIFA, that's why you're making things up like "EA changed the defense over night" etc.
  • PRODIGY_XXII
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2017
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    Bbbbbbbb wrote: »

The problem is, you can replicate what Kroos does with cheaper players who have 60-70 passing.

That is a lie. If you actually know how to pass you can feel the difference between a player with low passing and vision stats compared to one with higher stats.
  • OZero

Why should I quit when I'm winning 90% of my games, lol? Would crush you blindfolded if I want to.

Game has still major flaws though, especially the fact that the skill gap got reduced so much because every noob can score (guess that's why you like it so much).

I post whatever I want btw., at least I contribute to this forum, unlike you who has his tongue deep down in EA's b*tt because he was too bad to score last year :smiley:

Keep opening bullsh*t threads expressing your paranoia because of the defense though, they're hilarious to read. You're just dreadful at FIFA, that's why you're making things up like "EA changed the defense over night" etc.

No, you didn't contribute, tell me what's the point of criticising all aspects of the game when obviously everyone is still in discovering and learning stage and literally no one can claim himself to be mastering this engine within 1 week after launch. Have you tried custom tactics? Have you use higher rated players? Are the defenders react normally when players did not make any tactical error? Should a player with long shot buffed to 99 score long range against **** keepers? There is a huge lot to find out from a new game, whilst what you did is just to criticising this and that without really dig in depth of the game, or just follow the pro players statements. One of the worst poster is whilst you sounds like you have huge discontent towards the game and keep on making posts, you are still continue to play all day long and crushing opponents, don't you sounds quite hypocrite man? "Oh sorry it's a **** game it doesn't make sense all are **** logics but I played 72 hours per week and I keep on crushing ppl in D1, rlly sorry about the hat". Tell me what's the feeling or perception from others point of view? Contributed you sure?
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    I've played 74 online games and won 64 so far. The game is working well for me, but I don't even enjoy winning because it's way too easy. In 17 you felt good when you scored because it took skill, I can't say the same when scoring 5.23 goals on average right now :smiley: I want competition on both sides of the pitch. Defending is okay (but flawed because of terrible player reactions and terrible AI positioning and decision making) but way too random to be considered skill. This game is noob friendly, it's for people who want to have their friends over on Saturday nights and finish games 7:6 while having a few beer. FIFA took two steps back from being competitive.
  • OZero
    I have played over 120 matches both online and offline and my winning percentage was similar to you and average crushing ppl 5 goals, but that's before I reached D3. What my opponent did now are similar to what I did, and all the matches now end up very close games. I don't know what region you are in, I don't know how well you performed last year, and I don't comment on your opponents quality, I just want to ask if you are playing against someone like you, does the score line still end up 6:5? It is a definite no in my case. Are we noobs then? Me and my opponents are Elite 1 regulars in 17 and you can decide yourself.

I don't know how genius you are but if you have experience in play Fifa for many years, you definitely know one of the worst thing happened every year was posters like you who do not thoroughly understand the engine keep criticising all aspects of the game, and forced EA to patch the game which end up inferior to the original version. Is that what you want? Is that what contribution you are claiming? Instead of teaching others how to defend better by various techniques, what you are doing is just to criticise (positive contribution eh?) without giving real effort in understand the new engine and potentially ruin the game. This happened every year and don't tell me you don't know. What's worse is after patch everyone will keep on criticising EA for making the game worse, and at that moment the likes of yours will say it's EAs fault that "they over done it". Doesn't it sounds **** familiar?