Anyone else noticed the change in STAMINA?

TubAShet
1400 posts Professional
edited October 2017
After the shambles of 17 only enabling high stamina players to be effective (especially after January time after some of the better cards got released) ...

On 18, I've noticed the level of stamina draining is far less than previous - gives an actual use to technical players again who might not have the best stamina.

I've actually played against people playing well and effectively for a full 90 mins with Ozil, Silva and Mata etc etc ... for now at least, I think the balance of actually being able to use technical (but less physical) players seems about right.

DO NOT TOUCH this aspect of the game EA, for once you got it right.

Comments

• CtldChaos
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes, I have noticed this too. Ozil is effective and can be used for longer in the game. But I have also found it comes at a price. When your player does get below, say 50% stamina, their play falls off, they become more erratic, the first touches and passes are much worse than the start of the game, etc. This has introduced a new strategy, wear out your opponent, to clean their clock in the 75th min.+
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    CtldChaos wrote: »
    Yes, I have noticed this too. Ozil is effective and can be used for longer in the game. But I have also found it comes at a price. When your player does get below, say 50% stamina, their play falls off, they become more erratic, the first touches and passes are much worse than the start of the game, etc. This has introduced a new strategy, wear out your opponent, to clean their clock in the 75th min.+

Agreed man, I think as the game is - the days of running around full sprint all game with 99 stamina CM's covering your defence are numbered.

The slower nature of the gameplay right now gives you options to work openings with better skilled technicians - the stats seem to be fairly true to what the player is capable of in game.

I think the shooting is what REALLY needs fixing, it's easy to score screamers with any player , and to concede them equally easily - goalkeepers need a buff to help this.
  • Vaaass
    3047 posts National Call-Up
    I've noticed this too - used Messi for the first time in a couple of years and he's great. Was put off by his stamina in previous FIFAs
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    Vaaass wrote: »
    I've noticed this too - used Messi for the first time in a couple of years and he's great. Was put off by his stamina in previous FIFAs

Can only be a good thing, the gameplay style last year only catered to a high intensity - aggressive style, most of the time anyway - I've played against players actually mixing it up this year, way more than previous.
  • CR7_Chem
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's because you need to defend manually.
  • TimeoutLord
    83 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The thing I’ve noticed as a factor is fitness. I don’t know if this is a coincidence, but players with ~80 fitness seem to play significantly different (lethargic) than with max. Might just be me though
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    The thing I’ve noticed as a factor is fitness. I don’t know if this is a coincidence, but players with ~80 fitness seem to play significantly different (lethargic) than with max. Might just be me though

That's always been the case for me - personally I never play more than 2 games in a row with the same team, anything under 94/93 fitness on a card makes me think they aren't performing as well as possible. That's the point of actually implementing fitness into the game after all lol
  • CtldChaos
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    TubAShet wrote: »

Agreed man, I think as the game is - the days of running around full sprint all game with 99 stamina CM's covering your defence are numbered.

The slower nature of the gameplay right now gives you options to work openings with better skilled technicians - the stats seem to be fairly true to what the player is capable of in game.

I think the shooting is what REALLY needs fixing, it's easy to score screamers with any player , and to concede them equally easily - goalkeepers need a buff to help this.

I think that EA has tweaked some sliders sometime around the general release. I have found long shots to be less automatic than they were (in the early access I could not miss one) and the GKs seems to have woken up, my Schmiechel has become very solid. Surprisingly, so far, it seems that goal keepers ratings are a fair reflection of their in-game capabilities. In short Neuer & De Gea > Cech > Schmiechel > Butland both in game and in stats.
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    TubAShet wrote: »

I think that EA has tweaked some sliders sometime around the general release. I have found long shots to be less automatic than they were (in the early access I could not miss one) and the GKs seems to have woken up, my Schmiechel has become very solid. Surprisingly, so far, it seems that goal keepers ratings are a fair reflection of their in-game capabilities. In short Neuer & De Gea > Cech > Schmiechel > Butland both in game and in stats.

I've not played a "top" goalkeeper yet so can't really comment.

However I played Butland and it was easy to score, like it has been with all the other keepers I faced.

I faced Donnarumma earlier and despite his impressive stats and height, he played awfully for my opponent and I was scoring easily past him with my NR BPL gold starter ST's (Vokes & Berahino lol)

De Gea was awesome most of the time last year, he's a good test of if a keeper is useful.
  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stamina is better yes. You can't sprint forever and it's quite balanced to be fair. The passing is not tho.
    Awful pinball game in most of my online matches.