How to get your ELO down?

Richard
11199 posts Has That Special Something
I feel like starting a new account since I just keep getting destroyed by 400k+ teams.

If I lose 6 in a row I would like to face some lesser opponents in a row.

So how do I drop my ELO rating?

Comments

• UpstartCaesar
    3171 posts National Call-Up
    Get bad
  • Shaanxz
    19308 posts World Class
    So you’re already bad and now you want to get even worse.

Git gud :trollface:
  • RadioShaq
    14540 posts Moderator
    You shouldn't play online for about a month. There is no way matchmaking can even be close this early. Best thing to do is let good players make their way through divisions and start in a month or so.
  • Azof
    14774 posts World Class
    Buy the switch version, should be able to smash 7 years olds on there richard
  • FLASHFLUSH1
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    Azof wrote: »

:D
  • Richard

Not a bad idea tbh
  • Richard
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    So you’re already bad and now you want to get even worse.

Git gud :trollface:

Worst fifa by far for me, I have a record of 16-1-29.
  • Richard
    Get bad

Already am, but still getting matched up against superior opponents.
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class

He doesn't need the Switch to do that alli-tongue.png
  • Campino
    25908 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 2017
    Weak mentality ;)

Beat a 800-1mill squad with a 30k squad yesterday

Everyone's in the same boat, get used to the new physics etc And play offline for a few
  • maymanpele
    13661 posts Has That Special Something
    :joy:
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    For a supposed Alpha, this is a very beta **** mentality you are displaying...poch-lol2.png
  • Richard
    Campino wrote: »
    Weak mentality ;)

Everyone's in the same boat, get used to the new physics etc And play offline for a few

Dont really care about how much an opponents squad cost, but generally speaking the amount of coins a team cost at this point in the game in FIFA is releated to them atleast being an avid player. Thats why I said the 400k+.
  • BatmansAGeordie
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ive been on a steady pattern of battering someone one game then getting battered the next. Never been a big fan of the fifa matchmaking, personally I think it should just go off the division/round youre in and try to find the best connection.
  • Whoman
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Richard wrote: »
    Weak mentality ;)

Dont really care about how much an opponents squad cost, but generally speaking the amount of coins a team cost at this point in the game in FIFA is releated to them atleast being an avid player. Thats why I said the 400k+.

I mean, you are kinda answering your own question... The game is only fully being released today, what did you expect to face in Early Access and Early Release via a more expensive edition of the game ?

• Campino
    Whoman wrote: »
    Weak mentality ;)

I mean, you are kinda answering your own question... The game is only fully being released today, what did you expect to face in Early Access and Early Release via a more expensive edition of the game ?

I also disagree, just cause someone throw FIFA points at a game or can trade doesn't mean they can
    Play
  • Richard
    Weak mentality ;)

I'm talking today. I bought the standard edition.
  • Richard
    Weak mentality ;)

I also disagree, just cause someone throw FIFA points at a game or can trade doesn't mean they can
    Play

True, but if they have 400k teams at this stage in the game they are most likely players that are quite familiar with FIFA. I want to play 12 year old Jimmy who has one hand and is blind on one eye at this moment, thats how bad I am atm.
  • BRISTOL86
    8727 posts League Winner
    I think the trouble is that everyone is starting from the bottom so divisions haven't yet settled. Some of the opponents I've faced in D9 and D8 are clearly D1 players that smash me.

Bear in mind that in the main only hardcore players are going to be pre ordering, today will see a huge influx of more casual players presumably.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    16819 posts World Class
    edited September 2017
    If you keep getting beat your ELO is probably already quite low,
  • RadioShaq
    14540 posts Moderator
    You could always make tournaments or ask to play forumers.
  • Campino
    Weak mentality ;)

Play

True, but if they have 400k teams at this stage in the game they are most likely players that are quite familiar with FIFA. I want to play 12 year old Jimmy who has one hand and is blind on one eye at this moment, thats how bad I am atm.

Yesterday morning I lost 5 in a row.

Went offline and did the defending tutorial, altered my custom tactics a little and won 12 in a row
  • PJazz
    2198 posts Fans' Favourite
    Weak mentality ;)

Play

Went offline and did the defending tutorial, altered my custom tactics a little and won 12 in a row

Wow! Mind to share your CT and formation :)
  • Campino
    PJazz wrote: »
    Weak mentality ;)

Play

Wow! Mind to share your CT and formation :)

4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1

I lowered my pressure until I was happy with how the team sat then increased the aggression until I found the right balance
  • JoeAVFC1986
    1160 posts Professional
    Just find a tactic that works for you, I was struggling in my first few games drew 4 lost 6 im now 24 6 11.
    Won about 10 in a row now I know what works
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Does it not carry over from last game? As in FIFA 17
  • hjdjydyufu
    5736 posts Big Money Move
    Ahhh Richard... :trollface:
  • Knowlesdinho
    9172 posts League Winner
    Weak mentality ;)

Play

Poor Jimmy.