qQYU4sz.png
Post edited by JamieC on

Comments

• JamieC
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    NUTHa1p.png
  • JamieC
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    Thought it was best to start my thread a day early so it would be ready when I get the game tomorrow :smiley:

For now, I could do a Press Conference so questions please! :smiley:
  • Cody22775
    591 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't know much about this team but am interested to see how you go and maybe I'll learn a thing or two about Austrian football. Good luck
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    Always fun to follow these teams. So many of us do the PL so it's nice to see something different.
  • JamieC
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2017
    Cody22775 wrote: »
    Don't know much about this team but am interested to see how you go and maybe I'll learn a thing or two about Austrian football. Good luck

Well, you won't learn much about Austrian football, as this is German 3rd Tier. :wink:

Thanks! :smiley:
    Always fun to follow these teams. So many of us do the PL so it's nice to see something different.

I always enjoy reading the Prem stories, but very rarely play one in Career Mode, as I enjoy building a team, rather than having the team all ready for me. :smiley:
  • theroyalschamp
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck and in interested in what you're going to do with this team.
  • Danimal5981
    2067 posts Fans' Favourite
    When I think of Osnabrück, I think of the enormous Drum Distribution Store just outside the city where I used to buy a lot of gear (jumping the border from Holland). Nice to see that city in FIFA now.
  • Cody22775
    edited September 2017
    JamieC wrote: »

Well, you won't learn much about Austrian football, as this is German 3rd Tier. :wink:

Haha it shows how much I know about that. It looked and sounded like Austrian so I just assumed

• JamieC
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    Good luck and in interested in what you're going to do with this team.

When I think of Osnabrück, I think of the enormous Drum Distribution Store just outside the city where I used to buy a lot of gear (jumping the border from Holland). Nice to see that city in FIFA now.

Hopefully, they can watch their team lift the Bundesliga :wink:
  • JamieC
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    iOjDtli.png
    Line-up:
    oJpq14H.png

Subs: T. Paterok, F. Zorba, K. Falkenberg, B. Schulz, M. Heider, A. Arslan, M. Álvarez

Man of the Match: J. Reimerink

besUD3g.png
    Line-up:
    omxHp8N.png
    Subs: M. Gersbeck, F. Zorba, K. Falkenberg, C. Groß, C. Bickel, S. Klaas, M. Álvarez

Man of the Match: P. Bouby (USO)

b1yPqy6.png

Line-up:
    Ll7bLSB.png

Subs: T. Paterok, F. Zorba, K. Falkenberg, C. Groß, B. Renneke, T. Danneberg, R. Kristo

Man of the Match: H. Savran

gCzTnWp.png

14GUtsR.png

Line-up:
    Q4anEET.png
    Subs: T. Paterok, M. Wachs, K. Falkenberg, T. Danneberg, M. Heider, A. Arslan, E. Iyoha

Man of the Match: E. Iyoha

Wei Shen: I think we did well in the preseason and was just unlucky to go out in the semi-finals. Everyone in the team got some game time and I am impressed with some players and some players could use more time to prove to me that they deserve a spot in the first team.

It is unfortunate to lose Adam just as the season is about to begin, as well as him being out for nearly 2 months as it leaves with very little choice at centre back. I fully back Zorba to do well in Adam's spot, but we will need to look for a new centre back to fill the void that Adam's absence will create.
  • Cody22775
    edited September 2017
    unlucky in the semi losing 6-5 on pens, although a few draws won't be too promising leading to the league but an unlucky last minute goal conceded vs chamois
  • Ashy
    8613 posts League Winner
    Good luck pal, very high scoring first game there but just unlucky in the last game
  • Ahmer50x
    13110 posts Has That Special Something
    Not the best of preseasons but plenty to build upon. Good luck!
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    Not a great preseason but hopefully you found some players to build around
  • milan_7
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    Very nice team choice, unlucky with the results in pre-season
  • JamieC
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    unlucky in the semi losing 6-5 on pens, although a few draws won't be too promising leading to the league but an unlucky last minute goal conceded vs chamois

It's definitely a sign that I need a centre back and a striker to freshen up the side.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Good luck pal, very high scoring first game there but just unlucky in the last game

We came alive after the equalizer but just failed to get that winning goal.
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Not the best of preseasons but plenty to build upon. Good luck!

Not a great preseason but hopefully you found some players to build around

Iyoha is definitely one, despite only being on loan. Hope that I can get him on a permanent basis after his loan ends.
  • JamieC
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    3. Liga Matchday 1:

VfL Osnabrück hold on after Savran’s early goal.

C0TsCdP.png

LINE-UP:
    Vr1xtrt.png

SUBS: T. Paterok, M. Wachs, K. Falkenberg, B. Schulz, M. Heider, A. Arslan, M. Álvarez
    Man of the Match: A. Dercho

wVGd5aj.png

St0SP87.png

3. Liga Matchday 2:

VfL Osnabrück outclassed as Wehen claim the win.

JdXuhnT.png
    LINE-UP:
    LLrfbaw.png

SUBS: T. Paterok, M. Wachs, K. Falkenberg, B. Schulz, B. Zolinski, M. Álvarez, F. Reese
    Man of the Match: M. Dittgen (Wehan)
  • Ahmer50x
    Unlucky with the loss but atleast new players are in :)
  • Ashy
    8613 posts League Winner
    Mixed results so far think you need to find some consistency and get an unbeaten run going if you are to aim for promotion, defence needs a kick up the back side after letting 4 goals in at home
  • JoshDFC
    1958 posts Play-Off Hero
    Disappointing home loss but great to win away like Ashy said need abit more consistency to challenge for promotion
  • Cody22775
    You've got your men so now you can focus on getting them to perform and challenge for the title
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    Like the Reese signing. As others have said, get the defense sorted and you should be good to go.
  • JamieC
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    August Part 1

3. Liga Matchday 3:

Stunning goals from Danneberg and Bickel as VfL Osnabrück return to winning ways.

qETpQyU.png

LINE-UP:
    d74q0uY.png

SUBS: T. Paterok, M. Wachs, K. Falkenberg, B. Schulz, C. Bickel, T. Danneberg, E. Iyoha

Man of the Match: A. Dercho

3. Liga Matchday 4:

Benjamin Pintol scores twice to deny Osnabrück the 3 points in an even game.

8m5oTA1.png

LINE-UP:
    f48mMOi.png

SUBS: T. Paterok, M. Ruschmeier, K. Engel, K. Krasniqi, B. Zolinski, A. Arslan, R. Kristo

Man of the Match: T. Danneberg
  • Danimal5981
    2067 posts Fans' Favourite
    D'you know.... I didn't even notice FIFA 18 actually added the German 3rd League until now...

Couple of legendary cult clubs there: Preußen Münster, Hansa Rostock, VfL Aalen and Karlsruhe SC..., when my Ajax flame has died out (as far as FIFA 18 is concerned) might begin here.
  • Cody22775
    A couple decent performances rather unlucky to draw the second but great job In the first
  • milan_7
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    Decent results so far, do you plan on sticking with the diamond for most of the season?
  • JamieC
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    D'you know.... I didn't even notice FIFA 18 actually added the German 3rd League until now...

Couple of legendary cult clubs there: Preußen Münster, Hansa Rostock, VfL Aalen and Karlsruhe SC..., when my Ajax flame has died out (as far as FIFA 18 is concerned) might begin here.

They didn't really advertise it, only knew about because someone on Reddit linked a tweet by EA's German account.

Other than that there was nothing said about it.
    A couple decent performances rather unlucky to draw the second but great job In the first

What makes it worse is I was considering buying Pintol before the season started! :joy:
    milan_7 wrote: »
    Decent results so far, do you plan on sticking with the diamond for most of the season?

For the moment yes. If I start getting injuries up front I will change to the 4-2-3-1 formation.
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't know much about the team but good results so far on the whole I think. Looks like the team has a lot of goals in it.
  • JamieC
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    August Part 2

3. Liga Matchday 5:

Chemnitzer walks away with the 3 points in this tight game.
    uwnDqXB.png
    LINE-UP:
    VVqQ77D.png

SUBS: T. Paterok, M. Wachs, K. Falkenberg, B. Schulz, B. Zolinski, M. Álvarez, F. Reese

Man of the Match: D. Frahn (Chemnitzer)

DFB-Pokal Round 1:

Osnabrück knocked out by 2. Bundesliga side Heidenheim.
    XrwUjoN.png

LINE-UP:
    ChNAFHP.png

Man of the Match: J. Verhoek (Heidenheim)

AAbtgyQ.png

3. Liga Matchday 6

Osnabrück unlucky to get a point after last-minute free-kick.
    yhajzlM.png

LINE-UP:
    qkvhm4O.png

SUBS: T. Paterok, F. Zorba, K. Falkenberg, B. Schulz, B. Zolinski, M. Álvarez, E. Iyoha

Man of the Match: T. Danneberg

DpQmFrN.png

vHDn2Sh.png

TRANSFERS IN:

Ben Zolinski (SC Panderborn) - €850k

Fabian Reese (Schalke) - Loan

Luis Carlos Ruiz (Atl. Nacional) - €1.5M

TRANSFERS OUT:

Ahmet Metin Arslan (Rot-Weiß Erfurt) - €450k
  • Ahmer50x
    Really bad month for you obviously...gotta get that defence working