Tips on defensive

nightscrawler
147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Hi guys,

I found myself being troubled by the FIFA18 defense again. I have been using contain and tried to block the space but somehow still very easy to give ways to attackers. Any tips?

Also, when I am attacking, I found my opponent's CB can easily take control of my ball with their physical strength/shoulders. How to do that?

Cheers

Comments

• DeanoZoff
    4270 posts National Call-Up
    Players are on ice skates this year. Defensively i feel vulnerable to every attack
  • Bvegas
    1468 posts Play-Off Hero
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    Players are on ice skates this year. Defensively i feel vulnerable to every attack

So far this is my experience too. Even jockey contain my guys go skating by

And the AI does absolutely nothing
  • Drade89
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think you dont sprint when you use X, same when you let another defender press R1. Not using those for the moment. Been using jockey defending last 2 years, i think? Can hold off Ai on legendary most of my games:)

• nightscrawler
    thank you all the guys.

The most trouble time was playing online games, during which I found most of opponents use fast players just out ran my defenders easily, even with ball in dribbling.

Also, it seems the ball control is particular strong this year. Even my defenders joggling side by side with the opponents player, they cannot disturb their ball control or take over the ball.

• Retro_G
    29187 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 2017
    Click on my profile, look at the how to defend thread.
  • Bvegas
    1468 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks Retro.

Need to work on my standing tackle timing like the vid
  • Retro_G
    29187 posts Player of the Year
    Bvegas wrote: »
    Thanks Retro.

Need to work on my standing tackle timing like the vid

No worries mate
  • DSD27
    5699 posts Big Money Move
    TIP: Don't play right now, wait for day one patch tomorrow.
  • DSD27
    5699 posts Big Money Move
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

Yeah all teh noobs are having a field day scoring goals just spaming berba spins and running. Hopefully it will end.
  • nightscrawler
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Click on my profile, look at the how to defend thread.

Thank you, Retro. It would certainly help :)
  • The defense mechanism is sucks , everybody have this problem but we should wait for new update
  • Finesse_4days
    7228 posts Big Money Move
    Buy either varane ,Manolas or Bonucci with shadow on to improve his pace they are all outstanding.