Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• Gusmx
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sheva0172 wrote: »
    Really? O wow, didn't expect that. Futbin says its 3.3 million now. Icons cost 350k? So Sheva and Rui Costa will save me 700k. Still got a 300k gap, Pirlo and Kaka' won't be sufficient to cover for that right?

You need to get the icons through the base icon SBC, you save about 150k on each that way. Plus futbin prices are all based on buy now.
  • Sheva0172
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gusmx wrote: »
    Really? O wow, didn't expect that. Futbin says its 3.3 million now. Icons cost 350k? So Sheva and Rui Costa will save me 700k. Still got a 300k gap, Pirlo and Kaka' won't be sufficient to cover for that right?

You need to get the icons through the base icon SBC, you save about 150k on each that way. Plus futbin prices are all based on buy now.
    I understand. But i already got the 2 untradable icons. So this will mean that i only have to do 2 base icon SBC's instead of 4. Thats 500k for icons instead of 1 million. Still a big gap though... Don't think i'll make it with 2.3 million.
  • Yangster1984
    284 posts Sunday League Hero

I understand. But i already got the 2 untradable icons. So this will mean that i only have to do 2 base icon SBC's instead of 4. Thats 500k for icons instead of 1 million. Still a big gap though... Don't think i'll make it with 2.3 million.

Do those sbc with 100k packs first and hopefully packed players that can cover the gap. Should be close though
  • Zhyquron
    2040 posts Fans' Favourite

3.3 - 700k (which Sheva and Rui are worth) = 2.6M

If you buy the other 2 icons it will cost you 700k, if you do the SBC it will cost you less than 500k. That saves you another 200k. You'll get 5 100k packs. Even with the worst pack luck you'll get at least 120*700 = 84k. Then you have Pirlo and Kaka who will save you buying players from the same rating which will save you another 100k+.

So yes, you have enough to do the SBC.
  • Bvegas
    1468 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just sniped 88 Rui Costa for 316k. How to best use him?

I play a 4231 and have him slotted at RCAM at the moment
  • Gusmx
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I did it with 2.08 and only 1 icon. I also had FB Rooney, Bastian and SBC Pirlo. I was left with 200k, you can definitely do it, it will just take time. Alternatively, you could do the icons now and wait for the SBC to expire, but they might end up just refreshing it like they did last time.
  • ha032742
    33896 posts Moderator
    Proper crash of elite icons going on.
  • topnik
    923 posts Professional
    ha032742 wrote: »

Biggest hits?
  • Retro_G
    25306 posts Player of the Year
    I found 88 Rijkaard awful after a few games, no wonder Rio is more expensive. :joy: Picked up 85 Rio, wow big difference. You can tell immediately that he is an elite CB. Got the same feeling with 89 Blanc.
  • HBK1925
    1846 posts Fans' Favourite
    topnik wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »

Biggest hits?

88 Vieira and 90 Gullit when down voy 100k. I paid a bit extra for mine tho cause I wanted fresh. Worth it.
  • You guys reckon it's a good time to finish Gullit & Rio's SBC's?

Have 2.6m coins (plus around 50 low-rated rare gold players), & I’ve already completed both of Gullit’s 89 rated & Central Icon squad. I also have a Base Icon (Henry) ready for his 88 rated squad. Futbin says the rest of the SBC would cost 1.35m.

While I already submitted an Icon for Rio’s SBC. It’d cost me 880k for the rest of his SBC. This is the one I’m tempted to wait on though since his SBC cost 990k to complete fully at one point .

What do you guys think? Better off to just keep waiting until TOTS, or the next market crash for 82-85 rated golds?
  • Yangster1984
    You guys reckon it's a good time to finish Gullit & Rio's SBC's?

Have 2.6m coins (plus around 50 low-rated rare gold players), & I’ve already completed both of Gullit’s 89 rated & Central Icon squad. I also have a Base Icon (Henry) ready for his 88 rated squad. Futbin says the rest of the SBC would cost 1.35m.

While I already submitted an Icon for Rio’s SBC. It’d cost me 880k for the rest of his SBC. This is the one I’m tempted to wait on though since his SBC cost 990k to complete fully at one point .

What do you guys think? Better off to just keep waiting until TOTS, or the next market crash for 82-85 rated golds?

I suggest just doing it now. These 2 players re game changers that u will enjoy. They will help u earn back coins saved compared to doin it during tots thru wl rewards
  • Sheva0172
    Got 2.1 million coins and got untradable Prime Sheva (91), Prime Rui Costa (90), Pirlo and Kaka'. Also i got Neymar to sell if needed (extra 200k) so thats 2.3 million.

Do you guys think that will be sufficient to do the R96 prime icon sbc?
    Tried it with your guys advice. In the end i got 1 player short, Higuain. Lmao. Was a bit sloppy with some buys, after 20 sbc's (did 2 baby icon upgrades as well) i was fed up with this huge **** puzzle. Also my pack luck with the 100k packs was horrible. Only got Bonucci in one of them.

But....... tonight after my rewards i got prime Ronaldo :smiley:.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6032 posts Big Money Move
    Lmao... i completed 3 base icon SBC's in preparation for Pele... all i can say is thank god for the unassigned pile otherwise i would be 240k down

Vieira
    Costa
    Vieira
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6032 posts Big Money Move
    No Pele sadtimes... another week without him here we come
  • Estaban
    1022 posts Professional
    What if you were a HUGE Zanetti fan lmao. What’s the hold up.
  • Jezzaaa
    330 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2018
    Just packed 91 Dinho from WL rewards. Should I sell or keep him? Have about 3million coins, been wanting to get 90 gullit for CAM and CR7 for striker in a 4231 narrow... any suggestions?

Could replace red 85 Mbappe at RCAM. Apart from that, my team doesn’t really need any serious upgrading elsewhere.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    1560 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you don't really need an upgrade then keep him . I thought he was great but sold again to have a more balanced team. He's probably the best CF I've used other than the Maradona loan.
  • Nicku32
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jezzaaa wrote: »
    Just packed 91 Dinho from WL rewards. Should I sell or keep him? Have about 3million coins, been wanting to get 90 gullit for CAM and CR7 for striker in a 4231 narrow... any suggestions?

Could replace red 85 Mbappe at RCAM. Apart from that, my team doesn’t really need any serious upgrading elsewhere.

Prime R9 ;) ;)
  • Jezzaaa
    @nicku32 if I did r9, I would then sell Dinho to get 90 gullit. Hmmmm.. tempting.

If I dont do r9 however, I can have CR7 ST, gullit and Dinho as my cams. I have 90 overmars as my other wide cam which I’m happy with.

Hmm, not sure which to go for.

• Yangster1984
    U should sell 91 dinho and replace it with the prime version. The prime version is way better than the 91 version
  • Jezzaaa
    U should sell 91 dinho and replace it with the prime version. The prime version is way better than the 91 version

Hmm, with that I think I’d rather spend a bit more and do R9. Likely to be more value for my money considering my playstyle. Just feeling a little hesitant on spending 3mil coins on an untradeable haha
  • Sheva0172
    Wow, this was my final 100k pack of the R9 Prime SBC:

500k in one pack!https://ibb.co/cxjfEx
  • LiamSully
    5474 posts Big Money Move
    Estaban wrote: »
    What if you were a HUGE Zanetti fan lmao. What’s the hold up.

No other top tier RBs in the game to compete with him, so every rich guy/pro will have him instead of the next best, TOTW1 IF Valencia
  • LiamSully
    5474 posts Big Money Move
    Wow, this was my final 100k pack of the R9 Prime SBC:

500k in one pack!https://ibb.co/cxjfEx

That’s ridiculous! :o
    Congrats!
  • Bvegas
    1468 posts Play-Off Hero
    That pack is disgusting. Congrats!
  • holdenwait
    51134 posts Ballon d'Or Winner