Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Pulled the trigger on 2 icon SBC’s and got Rijkaard/Inzaghi.

Would have liked some usable players to play with for a week or two but Not too fussed, saved about 100k for when they go into R9 and Gullit, correct-ish positions as well.

Also stocked up on 4m coin worth of 85-91 rated informs, 85-91 rated base cards and an inform Brazilian/Dutchman for every position in case they throw in a full nation inform curveball

Think I should be all set for them to come out now except for the 83/84 rated squads which I’ll but the 83/84 rated cards when they return to normal price.
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Also still heavily undecided which icon CB to pair Rio with. Has to be an Icon or a peek CB and I’m assuming TOTS Stones or whatever other PL TOTS CB won’t be up to scratch with someone like Desailly
  • Retro_G
    25326 posts Player of the Year
    Picked up 90 Nesta on the cheap, have been pleasantly surprised. I've only played a few games with him, but he has been a brick wall at the back in division 1, feels faster than you'd think with the 75 acceleration.
  • MajorMash
    1258 posts Professional
    Prime Overmars: 327 Games, 296G 269A - Played as a LF in ST, I love him!
    Prime Petit: 111 Games, 7G 23A - Played as CDM, is very reliable and rock solid
    Base Zanetti: 11 Games, 0G 0A - No one can get past him at LB!

Prime Okocha and Prime Deco were crap for me - i traded in Deco and will be getting rid of Okocha if the opportunity arise!
  • Bigfootisblurry
    1560 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Picked up 90 Nesta on the cheap, have been pleasantly surprised. I've only played a few games with him, but he has been a brick wall at the back in division 1, feels faster than you'd think with the 75 acceleration.

I hated him, felt like a bus. Much prefer sif Benatia
  • Tennster10
    1572 posts Play-Off Hero
    Best 700K icon CB to pair with Maldini?
  • Rolls-reus96
    1583 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just bought R94 for 2.8 mil :o never thought he would be that cheap. And he might rebound to 3.2 again
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    So I got base Desailly earlier whilst getting Icon fodder, is he any good? I was planning on getting his prime but he honestly doesn’t look that much better than the base.

There’s also the question of Maldini now as well, very tricky one.
  • ItsOnlyAli
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just bought R94 for 2.8 mil :o never thought he would be that cheap. And he might rebound to 3.2 again

that a great price, i jumped in too early and bought at 3.3m which im gutted about, looking forward to using him kaka and neymar 95 this WL
  • Zhyquron
    2040 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finished prime Gullit! 600k or so left plus my T100 pack, R9 is next.
  • number7rocky
    3231 posts National Call-Up
    Pretty shocked :blush: Can't believe I've got prime Ronaldo for a total cost of 2.85m before packs and 2.6m after packs (Didn't get anything great back apart from Ozil in last 100k pack, but I did pack Birthday Florenzi in my 100k pack from rewards earlier :joy:)

For anyone wondering where I saved coins I Had a prime VDS that I used that cost me 205k a few weeks back. Got Deco last week for 170k. Got 87 Zanetti for about 150k using the likes of 88 RVP and Schwienstieger. Finally I did two more base icons as I needed 5 total got 85 Petit and 85 Litmanen for about 260k each. Even though they are are two of the worst it still saved me around 80-100k each than buying of the market.

The SBC seems to have gone up a few hundred k from when I started it so it seems I did it just in time :wink:

I've got 180k. I could sell TOTY Kante and 88 Petit for roughly 2 mil. 87 Son for 230k if I had to, would probably leave me a few hundred k short but might be worth it whilst player prices are high for the 84's etc...
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    How you guys liking Gullit? I really can’t click with him, he just feels like Vieira V2, exact same player. Don’t get me wrong I love Vieira but I was expecting more from Gullit. :/. On the other hand Prime Ronaldo is playing wayyyyy above my expectations, phenomenal card
  • number7rocky
    edited March 2018
    Decided to go ahead and do sbc for prime Gullit aswell. Need to do 3 base icon sbc which will save coins. Obviously need a central icon so if I didn't get it in the first two packs I'd have to buy the 3rd as I couldn't risk it....

Did the first one and boom cf 87 Bergkamp which I can convert to cm. Cost me 170k as I rinsed my club of bronze and silver players to get about 20 82-85 packs which got me the 84 squad for free etc.. saved 200k already rather than buying of market . He will go into the central icon sbc unless I pull another central icon who is lower rated in the other two packs.

88 Petit is up for sale and will sell toty kante to fund it. Hoping with a bit of luck to be able to get petit back within a week
  • number7rocky
    Got pretty lucky did 3 icons for sbc fodder, got the central one I needed first go. Bergkamp 87. Other two 88 Nesta and 89 Van Basten! Pretty happy about that because of the ratings. Nesta and Van Basten cost me 290k each and Bergkamp 170k. Probably saved 350-400k already of the SBC price :smile:

More luck than when I did Prime Ronaldo sbc getting 2 85's and a 87 icons
  • MagnificDan
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Looking to do nesta sbc any reviews would be helpful thanks in advance
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner

Only read bad things about him on xbox section :(
    If you want a CB I recomend you to try Rijkaard. I never expect him to be that good
  • Retro_G
    25326 posts Player of the Year

The 90 was very good, but his pace can let him down against meta strikers, when they get in behind. Everthing else about the card was quailty, couldn't fault any other area.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6032 posts Big Money Move
    3NG wrote: »
    How you guys liking Gullit? I really can’t click with him, he just feels like Vieira V2, exact same player. Don’t get me wrong I love Vieira but I was expecting more from Gullit. :/. On the other hand Prime Ronaldo is playing wayyyyy above my expectations, phenomenal card

Yeah agreed, not really getting too much out of Gullit atm personally but he is a bully like Vieira so guess i just have to give it time.. i'm only using him at CM so
  • Bigfootisblurry
    1560 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've revised my opinion on 90 Nesta. I tried him for a few games a couple of months ago and hated him so I'm not quite sure how I've ended up buying him again but here we are.

I've used him for ten games now, mostly WL but all online and he's great. Very little is getting past him and TOTY Bonucci, the positioning of both is incredible.

I'm giving serious thought to doing the prime when prices settle down a bit.
  • Tennster10
    1572 posts Play-Off Hero
    Should i sell R90 and 95 CR 7 to get R94?
    I can move up prime dinho to ST.. so temping with the price. Or try to do sbc R9 please advise.
  • BanterMarc11
    507 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Anyone selling an 88 Maldini? Wouldnt usually put it up here but getting increasingly frustrated with him being fixed around 400k
  • Timoner12
    5622 posts Big Money Move
    Is there a noticiable difference between R90 and R94?
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Timoner12 wrote: »

Night and day, complete different players. Well worth the upgrade to the 94
  • Zhyquron
    2040 posts Fans' Favourite

4/4 vs 5/5. Not too mention the rest.
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class

R90 is fantastic but yes there definitely is
  • Bigfootisblurry
    1560 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would anyone be good enough to share your thoughts on 91 Maradona? How does he compare to the prime? No CF I've used comes close to how much I enjoyed the prime Maradona loan, including 91 Ronaldinho, and I can get the base Maradona now if I sell ADP, Nesta and TOTY Bonucci but I'm unsure as my team is genuinely playing great and is very well balanced the way it is right now.
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    Would anyone be good enough to share your thoughts on 91 Maradona? How does he compare to the prime? No CF I've used comes close to how much I enjoyed the prime Maradona loan, including 91 Ronaldinho, and I can get the base Maradona now if I sell ADP, Nesta and TOTY Bonucci but I'm unsure as my team is genuinely playing great and is very well balanced the way it is right now.

If something works leave it as it is
  • MagnificDan
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What's the best icon to try for around 450k? I have prime Larson prime overmars and prime okocha in my team already.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6032 posts Big Money Move
    Definitely enjoying R9 more since i swapped to 4231 and play him as a solo striker tbh

31 games 51 goals 18 assists atm
  • Sandell85
    7482 posts League Winner
    Anyone tried 90 Puyol? Was thinking of trying something different :)