Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• Gooner
    4830 posts National Call-Up
    Will the prices on icons be cheaper just before lunar new year or during it?
  • ItsOnlyAli
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    limjitwe wrote: »
    ItsOnlyAli wrote: »
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    lastfifa wrote: »
    Is there big and noticable difference between 91 and 95 Maradona?

I'd like to know this too. I bought the 91 yesterday, but the 95 looks sick. Although if you drop a Maestro chemstyle card on him then his stats eclipse the basic stats of the 95 card.

He banged in some ridiculous screamers for me last night.

Haven't tried the 91 but that 95 is superb his shooting alone is worth every coin you spend on him, scored some unbelievable goals for me, was just hitting and hoping and everything was going in

Is the 95 better than 91 Dinho?

Does the 3* weakfoot and avoid using weaker foot trait hinder him?

91 Dinho just didn't work for me, they are both very effect will get you a ton of goals and assists but depending on your play style one may be better than the other, if you like skill moves patient build up then dinhos your man because it takes him a while to get to the right position I found his positioning and movement awful, if you build your attacks quickly like counter attacks and scoring finesse for days maradona is brilliant.

You will notice the 3 star weak foot every now and then but honestly not enough to put you off using the card.
  • limjitwe
    6346 posts Big Money Move

I'd like to know this too. I bought the 91 yesterday, but the 95 looks sick. Although if you drop a Maestro chemstyle card on him then his stats eclipse the basic stats of the 95 card.

Haven't tried the 91 but that 95 is superb his shooting alone is worth every coin you spend on him, scored some unbelievable goals for me, was just hitting and hoping and everything was going in

Is the 95 better than 91 Dinho?

Does the 3* weakfoot and avoid using weaker foot trait hinder him?

91 Dinho just didn't work for me, they are both very effect will get you a ton of goals and assists but depending on your play style one may be better than the other, if you like skill moves patient build up then dinhos your man because it takes him a while to get to the right position I found his positioning and movement awful, if you build your attacks quickly like counter attacks and scoring finesse for days maradona is brilliant.

You will notice the 3 star weak foot every now and then but honestly not enough to put you off using the card.

So you’re recommending 95 Maradonna?
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    edited February 2018
    Why no one told me that baby AdP is such an amazing LST ??? His weakfoot is on pair with R94's and his finesse is broken af. Scores every shoot. Also his strength and balance are a lie. He is amazing on holding the ball <3
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    murazor wrote: »
    Why no one told me that baby AdP is such an amazing LST ??? His weakfoot is on pair with R94's and his finesse is broken af. Scores every shoot. Also his strength and balance are a lie. He is amazing on holding the ball <3

Literally everyone in this thread has hyped that version up for months
  • holdenwait
    53867 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    prime >
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    Tim86 wrote: »
    murazor wrote: »

Literally everyone in this thread has hyped that version up for months

Not enough <3 He is sublime
  • jimmykabs
    392 posts Sunday League Hero
    Looking for a CAM for 1.5 mill, who do you guys suggest?
  • jimmykabs wrote: »
    Looking for a CAM for 1.5 mill, who do you guys suggest?

Prime ADP.
  • lastfifa
    1562 posts Play-Off Hero

Bought also 91 and what a card... will stick with that at this moment and upgrade later but after yesterdays games i think 91 version is enough for me. Damn it is great card tobuse... he is so rapid and that ball control is unbelievable.
  • limjitwe
    Tried Dinho 91 at CAM. Wonder if it’s me trying to do too much with him by over dribbling or trying too many shots with him. There seems to be a slight delay with his passing due to his animation.

But I fancy him as a striker more because of his finishing. Seem to able to finish almost everything once he is in the box. He has a decent header to boot.

Anyone else found him better as a striker?
  • Pasca91
    78 posts Park Captain
    When do you think it's better to buy cheap Icons? As soon as LNY starts or waiting for Monday after WL and with LNY keep going?

I saw many prices for baby Icons already dropped anyway (Kluivert, Larsson because of the SBC, Owen...)
  • ItsOnlyAli
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tried Dinho 91 at CAM. Wonder if it’s me trying to do too much with him by over dribbling or trying too many shots with him. There seems to be a slight delay with his passing due to his animation.

But I fancy him as a striker more because of his finishing. Seem to able to finish almost everything once he is in the box. He has a decent header to boot.

Yes mate he's much better at striker just put him right striker and shoot across goal 9/10 it will go in, really hated him at cam but like u I think it's because I was trying to much with him
  • Pasca91 wrote: »
    When do you think it's better to buy cheap Icons? As soon as LNY starts or waiting for Monday after WL and with LNY keep going?

I saw many prices for baby Icons already dropped anyway (Kluivert, Larsson because of the SBC, Owen...)

With icons or any card you wanna pick up...set a price and if you get it take it
  • miri
    2719 posts Fans' Favourite

My front 3 is Prime R10, Prime Sheva and Prime ADP. Usually I always have R10 at ST as ADP was my CAM since the start of the game and has always been amazing there, last night I decided to switch R10 to CAM when my opponent paused at the start of the game and tbh he disappeared there compared to ADP and how he plays at ST.

I usually play him with the false 9 instruction so he drops into space and gets room to dribble/create that way. It's a nice way of playing with the standard 2 STs + 1 CAM front line that is different from how most other people play.
  • Pasca91
    78 posts Park Captain
    Pasca91 wrote: »

With icons or any card you wanna pick up...set a price and if you get it take it

I am actually planning to get Okocha, Kluivert and Bergkamp: these 3 will be my first Icons, but I am planning to buy them and sell them again in the future since I have different plans to build my "definitive" team with other players.
    So that's why I am seeking for advice, my plan is to buy between 390-410k and we're almost there, but I noticed that last year after February Icons didn't increase massively in prices.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2168 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Pasca91 I wouldn't worry about them not rising again, it'll be a steady decline until the end now with a big dip at TOTS. Kluivert and Bergkamp are both good options but I'd avoid okocha personally. I've used all three versions and there are better alternatives. Unless of course you have a personal reason for wanting to try him, in which case just go enjoy.
  • freakjas
    5005 posts Big Money Move
    @Pasca91 I wouldn't worry about them not rising again, it'll be a steady decline until the end now with a big dip at TOTS. Kluivert and Bergkamp are both good options but I'd avoid okocha personally. I've used all three versions and there are better alternatives. Unless of course you have a personal reason for wanting to try him, in which case just go enjoy.

Imo okocha is a great cam if you know how to use him.
    His dribbling is just on another level and combined with the 5 star skills he works perfect for me
  • freakjas
    5005 posts Big Money Move
    Using the loan rijkaard and loan desailly right now and I couldn’t really feel a difference from my chiellini or 80 rated if Danilo
    Only 3 games played so let’s see if I change my mind after a few more games
  • Gooner
    edited February 2018
    Best position for 90 Gullit in 4-1-2-1-2(2) CM or CAM?
    Have 3,6 mill so hopefully i find a good deal later today
  • Pasca91
    78 posts Park Captain

The fact is there are not other RM Icons to be used and surely not as cheap as Okocha.
    Moreover I've used Cuadrado on that side, and he is similar to Okocha under a playstyle point of view, so I think I'll give him a try, but if you have alternative to suggest, I'd like to know them!
  • Imtnt
    4767 posts National Call-Up
    Larsson did you try guys? Any shout?
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2168 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Pasca91 There aren't many alternatives but I use IF Elyounousi, either surrounded by icons or with IF Lang, depending on formation.

Okocha isn't bad, just expensive when I'm not sure you'd see an improvement over Cuadrado.
  • KRANG00
    1631 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2018
    Looking at picking up an icon or 2 if i can got 1.5 million.

https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/3746742

This is my team, any suggestions?

Switch to this in game https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/3746499 (yes i'm one of those ****)
  • jimmykabs
    392 posts Sunday League Hero
    Prime larsson or prime sheva?
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    edited February 2018
    Gooner wrote: »

Depends on the rest of the team. If you have a stacked front 3 already you'll get the most out of him at CM but if he's going to be your star player I'd put him at CAM for sure. Either way he's probably the best player on the game.
  • JTM
    48 posts Park Captain
    I’ve got around 600k for my first icon for ST or CAM. Who would everyone recommend for that budget?
  • Gooner

Depends on the rest of the team. If you have a stacked front 3 already you'll get the most out of him at CM but if he's going to be your star player I'd put him at CAM for sure. Either way he's probably the best player on the game.

I have CR7 and red Gabriel Jesus that i play up top with R10 behind them.

I could either keep as it is and use Gullit as RCM or i could play CR7 and R10 as strikers with Gullit behind them. How would you have done?
  • limjitwe
    JTM wrote: »
    I’ve got around 600k for my first icon for ST or CAM. Who would everyone recommend for that budget?

Not sure what your team is like. I would say Crespo or Kluivert
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class

I have CR7 and red Gabriel Jesus that i play up top with R10 behind them.

I could either keep as it is and use Gullit as RCM or i could play CR7 and R10 as strikers with Gullit behind them. How would you have done?

Probably Gullit CAM tbh then. His best position is CM cause you can take advantage of his defending and physical stats there as well but he won't get involved in the play as much as he will at CAM.