Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    All this talk of maradona is getting me thinking.

I don’t play weekend league so it’s all about the fun for me.

Would u either

A. 4-1-2-1
    Gullit, totgs ronaldo, Ronaldinho

B. 4-2-3-1
    Gullit, maradona, Del Piero, Ronaldinho
  • ha032742
    35200 posts Moderator
    B

TOTGS CR7 didn’t wow me.
  • balErik
    945 posts Professional
    @krappen07 thanks for the feedback on Ronaldo 90, trying to save up coins for him. Looks great from some youtubes I have seen too.
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    balErik wrote: »
    @krappen07 thanks for the feedback on Ronaldo 90, trying to save up coins for him. Looks great from some youtubes I have seen too.

Yeah try to look for him on open bid or panic selling this weekend, just be prepared for WL folks trying to annoy u and be try yards in every possible way when they see him in your team :D
  • Timoner12
    5622 posts Big Money Move
    Most fun Icons to use?
  • TheParty
    93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    91 Maradona or 89 Ronaldinho? I’d be practically spending all my coins on Maradona where as I’d be able to build a squad around Ronaldinho.
  • torakun
    1591 posts Play-Off Hero
    TheParty wrote: »
    91 Maradona or 89 Ronaldinho? I’d be practically spending all my coins on Maradona where as I’d be able to build a squad around Ronaldinho.

I was in your position. Decided if I really want the real Dinho, I'll get the 91. It seems like 80% I read isn't positive on his 89.

91 Maradona is just fast, fast fast. He's really good too. However, after using the 95 version now, 95 is much better is every aspect except pace. He's actually feels like an icon, if you know what I'm talking about.

However, since both are out of your proposed budget, I'd say get dinho 89 and have fun with him. Icons are nothing if you're not surrounding him with decent players as well.

For example, I could afford R9 94 now, but that gonna leave me playing with cheap OP players, which in the long run may not matter, but I won't be happy looking at the team sheets every single time. That's stupid in my opinion.
  • Matnevesbra
    1099 posts Professional
    Timoner12 wrote: »
    Most fun Icons to use?

Vieira, Ronaldinho, Gullit, Jô
  • TheParty
    torakun wrote: »

I was in your position. Decided if I really want the real Dinho, I'll get the 91. It seems like 80% I read isn't positive on his 89.

91 Maradona is just fast, fast fast. He's really good too. However, after using the 95 version now, 95 is much better is every aspect except pace. He's actually feels like an icon, if you know what I'm talking about.

However, since both are out of your proposed budget, I'd say get dinho 89 and have fun with him. Icons are nothing if you're not surrounding him with decent players as well.

For example, I could afford R9 94 now, but that gonna leave me playing with cheap OP players, which in the long run may not matter, but I won't be happy looking at the team sheets every single time. That's stupid in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever tried 89 Dinho? Any thoughts on him yourself?
  • torakun
    1591 posts Play-Off Hero

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever tried 89 Dinho? Any thoughts on him yourself?

No I haven't, but I watched his review and came up against him. For what it's worth, I can say the following:

- His dribble is great
    - He can constantly turning side to side with his agility in game
    - his free kick is deadly, scored one against me
    - His animation is great, feels different. Unlike the other 90% copy paste players out there
    - He's not too weak. My Kante got brushed aside by him. Toe to toe against my 90 costa, and He tumbles against my 90 gullit though, but thats naturally gonna happen to a lot of other players.
    - Skill moves, without saying is top.

My opponent lose 3-1 and I locked his Dinho in with gullit and kante. It seems like his team budget is spent for at least 80% on him though. Other players is standard Bakayoko, jesus, martial, mhikitaryan, matic, etc. So, it shows. Once I locked dinho, he's done.

Let us know your decision :smiley:
  • topnik
    923 posts Professional
    Good and safe price for 88 Vieira?
  • torakun
    1591 posts Play-Off Hero
    topnik wrote: »

So far haven't move from that 2 mill spot. Unless they release prime Vieira..
  • topnik
    923 posts Professional
    topnik wrote: »

So far haven't move from that 2 mill spot. Unless they release prime Vieira..

Yeah that's why I'm asking. Can finally afford him but unsure about the 2 mil. Seems it could drop big time if the prime SBC is out
  • Rob82K
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    How to improve a 4321 with:
    Degea
    carlosprime,maldini92,ferninandprime,zanetti,
    gullit90,vieira88,petitprime,
    cr7,pele95,maradona95
    ?????

Maradona is the only one with 7 chem but bis finesse shot is deadly and i usually use long shoot
  • Rolls-reus96
    1594 posts Play-Off Hero
    Do the prices of big icons like R90 dip when prime icons are released? Decided to buy R90 instead of CR7 :D
  • iWilshere_19
    2010 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prime Henry is amazing plays exactly how I’d imagine
  • TheParty

No I haven't, but I watched his review and came up against him. For what it's worth, I can say the following:

- His dribble is great
    - He can constantly turning side to side with his agility in game
    - his free kick is deadly, scored one against me
    - His animation is great, feels different. Unlike the other 90% copy paste players out there
    - He's not too weak. My Kante got brushed aside by him. Toe to toe against my 90 costa, and He tumbles against my 90 gullit though, but thats naturally gonna happen to a lot of other players.
    - Skill moves, without saying is top.

My opponent lose 3-1 and I locked his Dinho in with gullit and kante. It seems like his team budget is spent for at least 80% on him though. Other players is standard Bakayoko, jesus, martial, mhikitaryan, matic, etc. So, it shows. Once I locked dinho, he's done.

Let us know your decision :smiley:

I’m thinking I might go with 86 Vieira and 87 Bergkamp now lol 2 icons over one... or if I can sell up a few IFs, I might get baby Crespo to partner Dinho 89
  • smcali23
    1229 posts Professional
    edited December 2017
    [/quote]I’m thinking I might go with 86 Vieira and 87 Bergkamp now lol 2 icons over one... or if I can sell up a few IFs, I might get baby Crespo to partner Dinho 89[/quote]

I'm looking at exactly that. Got my Dinho 89 and I'm gonna pair him with baby crespo - I'll let you know how it goes.

• M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    Who would you go for at cb, 88 Maldini with 7 chem or 88/90 Nesta?
  • Rossco160715
    2155 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is Gullit 86 worth 1.3m?
  • TheParty
    edited December 2017
    smcali23 wrote: »
    I’m thinking I might go with 86 Vieira and 87 Bergkamp now lol 2 icons over one... or if I can sell up a few IFs, I might get baby Crespo to partner Dinho 89

I'm looking at exactly that. Got my Dinho 89 and I'm gonna pair him with baby crespo - I'll let you know how it goes.

nice one, thanks! Have you bought them already?
  • smcali23
    1229 posts Professional

I bought Ronaldinho and I'm a few K short for Crespo. So Should have both in the next few days, if the icon SBCs don't mess up my plans. .
  • Probably just gonna do whatever prime they throw at us tomorrow just to stop myself from constantly buying and selling icons.

I care way too much about stats on a game that will be obsolete in a few months lol
  • TheParty

I bought Ronaldinho and I'm a few K short for Crespo. So Should have both in the next few days, if the icon SBCs don't mess up my plans. .

What are your thoughts on Ronaldinho? If you've used him yet.
  • ha032742
    35200 posts Moderator
    Think someone is having buyer’s regret right about now...they got into a bidding war over a fresh R94 and the price went up to 5.6m with 30s left but next thing you know it’s BIN’d for 7.5m :#
  • ha032742 wrote: »
    Think someone is having buyer’s regret right about now...they got into a bidding war over a fresh R94 and the price went up to 5.6m with 30s left but next thing you know it’s BIN’d for 7.5m :#

Lets hope he would regret it even more tomorrow :#
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6371 posts Big Money Move
    Praying for Prime Pele tomorrow, think i've fully prepared with what i think will be the requirements hopefully but who knows honestly maybe they will ask for a Brazilian icon
  • Paulo__Dybala228
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2017
    What should I invest 400k on?
  • SimmoEFC
    11462 posts Has That Special Something
    What should I invest 400k on?
    87/88 rated NIFs
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    ha032742 wrote: »

O Dammm..