Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• Mc wrote: »
    Gary3022 wrote: »
    Sold R94 for a profit and gone back to Henry. He’s a level above no doubt but ST’s probably the last position i need to upgrade, and Henry’s still more than capable

Can’t wait to be let down on Thursday again!

Good move i think. Tell me more about prime Henry. How’s does he rank for strikers in the game? 3rd behind ronaldo or lower down?

I’d say they’re about level, probably give the edge to Ronaldo if i had to pick but there’s something about Henry that i like, he makes plenty of runs in a 4231 despite M/M and he just links the play up really well. Ronaldo’s the more clinical finisher but Henry’s finesse shots are probably the best in the game, his curve makes him deadly from anywhere inside the box.

If you want an icon ST and won’t be able to afford R9, Henry’s the best you’ll get
  • Mnark95
    462 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mnark95 wrote: »
    88 Rui costa or 90 deco at cm in a 4-3-3 ?

?
  • Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    Mc wrote: »
    Sold R94 for a profit and gone back to Henry. He’s a level above no doubt but ST’s probably the last position i need to upgrade, and Henry’s still more than capable

Good move i think. Tell me more about prime Henry. How’s does he rank for strikers in the game? 3rd behind ronaldo or lower down?

I’d say they’re about level, probably give the edge to Ronaldo if i had to pick but there’s something about Henry that i like, he makes plenty of runs in a 4231 despite M/M and he just links the play up really well. Ronaldo’s the more clinical finisher but Henry’s finesse shots are probably the best in the game, his curve makes him deadly from anywhere inside the box.

If you want an icon ST and won’t be able to afford R9, Henry’s the best you’ll get

Cheers man. As an arsenal fan I should get Henry. CR7 doesn’t interest me this year (too many years with the same guy).

I could get 90 ronaldo but Henry looks better.

Does he feel clunky at times like his 90 does?
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move

Cheers man. As an arsenal fan I should get Henry. CR7 doesn’t interest me this year (too many years with the same guy).

dont let stats fool you, but both are very good. just a matter of preference
  • Mc wrote: »

I haven’t used the 90 so can’t really compare, but i wouldn’t say he feels clunky. He just has low balance same as Ronaldo so anytime someone touches him he’s probably gonna lose the ball
  • Bozza88
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    balErik wrote: »
    @Bozza88 Ruud Gullit is the best player I have tried in the game. Top striker and midfielder in any position.

Thankyou mate
  • KKTHX
    1101 posts Professional

?

Costa, Deco suits more for CAM role.
  • Mnark95
    462 posts Sunday League Hero
    KKTHX wrote: »

?

Costa, Deco suits more for CAM role.

Thanks , bought yesterday for 500k, seems a good price
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator
    Which icon SBC is cheapest at the moment please? I’ve only done Rui so far and I don’t trust FUTBIN prices.
  • Denisianes
    8071 posts League Winner
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Which icon SBC is cheapest at the moment please? I’ve only done Rui so far and I don’t trust FUTBIN prices.

My guess would be Schmeichel.
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator
    Denisianes wrote: »

My guess would be Schmeichel.

Tempted by Overmars if he’s cheap as I would actually use him in WL unlike Schmeichel :D
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6332 posts Big Money Move
    Seems like i bought everything way too early for the Prime SBC's, genuinely thought they would bring them out before Christmas and everything i bought could get for around 200k less if i bought now but aslong as i don't sell i don't see the loss so w/e..

I have basically the 89 with icon, 88 with icon, 87, 86, 85, 84 rated squads all prepared plus a spare central icon and some untradable ones which i'll happily give up (Overmars, Deco and probably Hernandez if its Pele/R9)
  • Yea cheapest is probably Pete, but Overmars isn’t too much more i think and he’s a great card
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator
    Yea cheapest is probably Pete, but Overmars isn’t too much more i think and he’s a great card

Seem to remember you had him at one point?
  • ha032742 wrote: »
    Yea cheapest is probably Pete, but Overmars isn’t too much more i think and he’s a great card

Yea he’s probably the card that’s surprised me most this year. Only did him for a future SBC but it was really hard to let him go lol. Basically doing the same with Pires now though Overmars is 10x the player he is
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator

Yea he’s probably the card that’s surprised me most this year. Only did him for a future SBC but it was really hard to let him go lol. Basically doing the same with Pires now though Overmars is 10x the player he is

Who did you trade him in for?

Henry
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator

Henry

Oh yeah, silly me :#

Henry

Oh yeah, silly me :#

But yea if you’re looking for someone to use around that price range Overmars is definitely your best option
  • Best icon CB to partner prime Rio? Was thinking 87 Desailly
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator
    Best icon CB to partner prime Rio? Was thinking 87 Desailly

Yes or if money no object then Maldini.
  • number7rocky
    4223 posts National Call-Up
    Completed Deco for 450k before packs. Got nothing good but made back 40k back selling everything. Still worth it cheaper than buying central icon of market. Will be for a prime SBC along with Overmars 200k and Schmeichel 250k. Really tempted to complete Henry. Could do it for around 2.1m before the packs and that includes the 3 icons above. Would still have IF Son, 88 Vieira and then 400-500k left over to spend. Will wait to see who gets released on Thursday but will see :neutral:
  • Timoner12
    5622 posts Big Money Move
    How is 89 Ronaldinho?
  • Matnevesbra
    1099 posts Professional
    Is vieira 86 good? Some people said that only the 88 is worth
  • Sykesy
    4456 posts National Call-Up
    Timoner12 wrote: »
    How is 89 Ronaldinho?

Just sold mines after 200+ games

Game changer. 4 Star weak food is underrated. Scores and creates plenty goals just stamina lacks but rarely subbed. 5 Star skills kills teams
  • Fletch
    3402 posts National Call-Up
    Best icon CB to partner prime Rio? Was thinking 87 Desailly

88 Frank
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator
    edited December 2017
    @Gary3022

wVlaSyI.jpg

Approximately 100k plus untradeables :#
  • Mmandras
    1831 posts Play-Off Hero
    I just wanted to add - Crespo 85 with Hunter is broken card. Bought it back yesterday. I have't tried lot of icons, just Bergkamp (terrible) and Larsson 86 yesterday and he puts in some goals, but the feeling of using him is nothing like Crespo. I remember some of the guys feeling disappointed after switching from Larson to Crespo, so misleading. And I have tried all the best NIFs like Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, Neymar... Ronaldo is perhaps the only player in the game that can outperform this scoring machine. Every shot is a goal or at least hits the bar and keeper makes unreal save. Just give him the ball and shoot. So fast, big and agile. His running animation is in perfect harmony with ball. Not even Ronaldo gave me that feeling of godliness.

I'm thinking about adding another icon for my second team, mostly about Van Basten and Kluivert but I honestly feel there is something wrong with this 85 Crespo and I will end up disappointed. He bangs 2-3 goals per game like it's the easiest thing in the world, this late in the game. His presence on the field is so noticable.

This card is the joy of Fifa, if there is any.
  • Yangster1984
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good for u on crespo. I have tried the 85 for over 100 games. You are right about the shooting buy he just feels clunky and gets bullied off the ball by defenders for me. Changed to totgs mbappe and he is much better, still scoring like crespo but much more agile to dribble with and a tad stronger as well
  • number7rocky
    4223 posts National Call-Up
    SBC Henry for 2m before packs? (That's everything added up including the icons) Have a few untradeables such as red Iniesta isco and eoe Pirlo. Plus saved money with the icons. Overmars 200k Schmeichel 250k and Deco 410k. All after packs. Would leave me 215k and players such as IF Son, 88 Vieira. Red Fernandinho, Red Goretska, Red Alessandrini, Sbc Koscielny and sbc rose, Bailly Valencia etc.. Plus an 87 Bergkamp I will sell Thursday. So 700k to improve team plus whatever i get back in packs. 100k at worst? Will wait to Thursday but what's everyone's opinion?