Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• i2-TempZ-2i
    5606 posts Big Money Move
    Ragesold Striker CR7 and Ronaldinho early this morning as they just weren't working for me, seems i timed it quite well as i got 3.9 for CR7 and 3.2 for Dinho

Then i went ahead and bought R94 for 6mil, rip more coins!
  • ha032742
    31740 posts Moderator
    Ragesold Striker CR7 and Ronaldinho early this morning as they just weren't working for me, seems i timed it quite well as i got 3.9 for CR7 and 3.2 for Dinho

You did well to get 3.9 for CR7! At least you minimised the loss on him :#
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    ha032742 wrote: »

Yeah was quite suprised he sold overnight tbh, just struggling to care about my coins at this stage because the games so boring right now tbh, even with all these futmas sbcs theres just nothing to keep you playing
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Who are you guys using at LW now? I don't want to go back to IF Sanchez, please don't make me
  • SimmoEFC wrote: »
    Does Prime Del Piero's balance hinder his performance?

Need a central CAM behind prime Henry, was thinking of doing him if prime Bergkamp isn't released next week.

Hes a dream. Stick Engine Chem on him. I prefer to play him as a striker cause he literally finishes everything.
  • number7rocky
    2095 posts Fans' Favourite
    88 Vieira is something special. Using as a box to box mid in 41212(2) 9 goals and 2 assists in 11 games. 4/5 goals in WL from 6 games. Scored the most insane long shot finesse in last game in too corner. Using him on Deadeye. Was going to go Hunter but his pace seems fine as is.
  • miri
    2107 posts Fans' Favourite
    85 Okocha at around 390k, thinking about picking up a couple. Cheapest icon alongside Van Der Sar right now. Could get **** over if they don't release any icons on Thursday though.
  • CovLee_Candice
    3390 posts National Call-Up
    89 mvb user do you think he is strong enough for WL against top class defenfer like boateng and bailly. Find him not fast enough or strong enough to defeat those defender in WL
  • Denisianes
    8033 posts League Winner
    miri wrote: »
    85 Okocha at around 390k, thinking about picking up a couple. Cheapest icon alongside Van Der Sar right now. Could get **** over if they don't release any icons on Thursday though.

His rating is a bit low for SBCs, and his stamina problem in game is yuge.
  • ha032742
    31740 posts Moderator

Yeah was quite suprised he sold overnight tbh, just struggling to care about my coins at this stage because the games so boring right now tbh, even with all these futmas sbcs theres just nothing to keep you playing

TOTY CR7, R94, TOTY Messi attack is the only thing keeping me going :#
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    Zup ****!? Just bought my self a PS as a christmas gift. Who has a spare fifa account to give to a fellow forumer ? :joy:
  • Denisianes
    8033 posts League Winner
    murazor wrote: »
    Zup ****!? Just bought my self a PS as a christmas gift. Who has a spare fifa account to give to a fellow forumer ? :joy:

Let's see how many weeks you can last this time :joy:
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    Denisianes wrote: »
    murazor wrote: »

Let's see how many weeks you can last this time :joy:

:joy: shut up :*
  • Yokiboy
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    Picked up Owen for 460k. Fingers crossed for Fat Ronaldo on Thursday.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    It actually hurts me to admit that halfway through this weeks WL i decided to drop majority of my icons except Petit/Ferdinand and i'm actually doing better in the WL somehow.

I know obviously i played different opponents and all that jazz but i don't understand whats going on seriously i re bought R94 this morning and he's only actually managed to score 10 in 10 with 7 assists

Considering he was absolutely nuts when i first used him i'm really disappointed, I've relisted him and have been using the Henry Loan that i've saved for ages and decided to rock him for a bit and in 15 games hes scored 25 goals and 13 assists, tempted to pick his prime card up instead (not the sbc)
  • ha032742
    31740 posts Moderator
    It actually hurts me to admit that halfway through this weeks WL i decided to drop majority of my icons except Petit/Ferdinand and i'm actually doing better in the WL somehow.

I know obviously i played different opponents and all that jazz but i don't understand whats going on seriously i re bought R94 this morning and he's only actually managed to score 10 in 10 with 7 assists

Considering he was absolutely nuts when i first used him i'm really disappointed, I've relisted him and have been using the Henry Loan that i've saved for ages and decided to rock him for a bit and in 15 games hes scored 25 goals and 13 assists, tempted to pick his prime card up instead (not the sbc)

Everyone goes ultra D when they see R94 but don’t do that against CR7 as he’s more common place I found.
  • i2-TempZ-2i

Everyone goes ultra D when they see R94 but don’t do that against CR7 as he’s more common place I found.

Yeah i think this is part of the problem, as soon as anyone sees a couple of expensive icons they go ultra d or ptb and just counter attack, what did you think of Henry when you had him? i'm loving his loan atm.. he's single handedly won me 3 games now
  • His balance is definitely an issue. He doesn’t have much pace either so unless it’s a scenario where he’s obvously gonna get away from the defender he’ll lose the ball.

His shooting is great though, on both feet, but his M/M work rates are just a constant hinderence when trying to get him into a position to shoot. He’s rarely gonna make the run himself and he doesn’t have the accelaration to get into a shooting spot manually with the ball.

I’d just get the 87 if you want him, better work rates, pace, balance, agility & stamina. And tradeable of course

@SimmoEFC
  • SimmoEFC
    11292 posts Has That Special Something
    Gary3022 wrote: »
    His balance is definitely an issue. He doesn’t have much pace either so unless it’s a scenario where he’s obvously gonna get away from the defender he’ll lose the ball.

His shooting is great though, on both feet, but his M/M work rates are just a constant hinderence when trying to get him into a position to shoot. He’s rarely gonna make the run himself and he doesn’t have the accelaration to get into a shooting spot manually with the ball.

I’d just get the 87 if you want him, better work rates, pace, balance, agility & stamina. And tradeable of course

@SimmoEFC
    Thanks mate, think I'll hold off and see if prime Bergkamp gets released next week.
  • ha032742
    31740 posts Moderator

Yeah i think this is part of the problem, as soon as anyone sees a couple of expensive icons they go ultra d or ptb and just counter attack, what did you think of Henry when you had him? i'm loving his loan atm.. he's single handedly won me 3 games now

He’s great in smooth gameplay but in sluggish gameplay he feels clunky and next to useless in terms of movement due to M/M. I like him despite that but CR7 is still better imo.
  • ha032742
    31740 posts Moderator
    SimmoEFC wrote: »
    His balance is definitely an issue. He doesn’t have much pace either so unless it’s a scenario where he’s obvously gonna get away from the defender he’ll lose the ball.

@SimmoEFC
    Thanks mate, think I'll hold off and see if prime Bergkamp gets released next week.

Are you playing this year...thought you jacked it in? :o
  • i2-TempZ-2i

He’s great in smooth gameplay but in sluggish gameplay he feels clunky and next to useless in terms of movement due to M/M. I like him despite that but CR7 is still better imo.

Makes sense, i'm just gona save my coins for TOTY now i think or see what prime gets released around xmas time, Hernandez still seems to be bossing it for me and i've got 5 games left of the Henry loan for this weekend so should be fine
  • SimmoEFC
    11292 posts Has That Special Something
    SimmoEFC wrote: »

@SimmoEFC

Are you playing this year...thought you jacked it in? :o
    I haven't played in weeks, got my coins invested atm but will be making a comeback ;)
  • ha032742
    31740 posts Moderator

Makes sense, i'm just gona save my coins for TOTY now i think or see what prime gets released around xmas time, Hernandez still seems to be bossing it for me and i've got 5 games left of the Henry loan for this weekend so should be fine

Don’t take my word for it... @JigglySte eulogises about him :D
  • JigglySte
    3269 posts National Call-Up

Don’t take my word for it... @JigglySte eulogises about him :D

GOAT.
  • Estaban
    870 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2017
    Completely stuck here. My defense is awful and my midfield just doesn’t fit the 442

CR7 94 R 94
    Prime ADP Gullit If Goretzka SIF Kimmich
    Alba Azpi SIF Mustafi Bellerin
    Lloris

Should I sell R94 and downgrade to Prime Henry or 91 Dinho and add Blanc and Rio. Think it’s just too top heavy and if I can’t score I can’t really count on that defense.

Or downgrade CR7 to Shevchenko type and get one icon defender and fix the other positions.
  • Rob82K
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2017
    Why nobody love pele95? actually i am on a 1.2 ratio (over 100 game) playing just squad battle legendary/ultimate and weekend league.

He his
    torakun wrote: »
    86-90 NIFs are at their lowest they’ve been in a while. Probably worth picking up before the icon hype during the week

I totally would if someone would just buy my 90 gullit.. Listed at reasonable price too.. At 100k lost.. Haha

Are you kidding? Best player in the game with Pele95 imho, it cannot be sold, till his prime come out.
  • jpsblue
    2483 posts Fans' Favourite
    i managed to snipe 85 Laudrup earlier for like 400k

should i sell him now for the profit, or wait till next Thursday for Prime Icon SBC's. Would he rise then if one of the primes are central cards? Or because he's 85 rated he wouldn't rise too much?
  • CovLee_Candice
    3390 posts National Call-Up
    89 Mvb up 665k
  • torakun
    790 posts Semi-Pro
    Rob82K wrote: »
    Why nobody love pele95? actually i am on a 1.2 ratio (over 100 game) playing just squad battle legendary/ultimate and weekend league.

He his
    torakun wrote: »
    86-90 NIFs are at their lowest they’ve been in a while. Probably worth picking up before the icon hype during the week

I totally would if someone would just buy my 90 gullit.. Listed at reasonable price too.. At 100k lost.. Haha

Are you kidding? Best player in the game with Pele95 imho, it cannot be sold, till his prime come out.

Are you telling me not to sell him or the fact that no one is buying my gullit?

My aim at this game is just so that I can try all icons. So by selling gullit I can try 88 vieira, 90 Hernandez and prime ADP. Wish I got enough money to keep gullit though, because he's simply a game changer.. I had him run from defense to the goal brushing off 2 defender and made the winning goal on the 110th mins. Simply amazing