Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• Eisenhardt
    3509 posts National Call-Up
    Seems prices dropped a little. I was about to complete the Rio SBC and went to check his price. Ended up buying a fresh one for 1.28, lowest I've seen in a while and beats grinding two SBCs for crappy packs.
  • holdenwait
    46127 posts FIFA Cover Star
    :o :D

717719373db3b0ed8fdbfed300b28ebc.png
  • JamieT96
    6505 posts Big Money Move
    Do you guys reckon it's worth trading in my Rui Costa and another ~500k for Petit?
  • Thedudeabides
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2017
    JamieT96 wrote: »
    Do you guys reckon it's worth trading in my Rui Costa and another ~500k for Petit?

I wouldn't, Petit seems completely overpriced compared to other icons of his stats/rating.
  • JamieT96

I wouldn't, Petit seems completely overpriced compared to other icons of his stats/rating.

Thanks, think I want the packs more than the card really.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    5606 posts Big Money Move
    I love petit so far, hated Rui so its a no brainer for me tbh but upto you
  • ha032742
    31740 posts Moderator
    Petit is quality. Always struggle against him due to his high strength and aggression.
  • Thedudeabides
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Petit is quality. Always struggle against him due to his high strength and aggression.

Is he worth over a mill tho for the sbc? No doubt he's great but seems very overpriced.

Thanks, think I want the packs more than the card really.

I know what you mean, I've been tempted myself as I've got deco to put in and a few untraceables, card look good but pricey
  • JamieT96

Thanks for the input, you've just made this much harder. Thinking I might just do Pires, cheap enough and then I'll have 2 icons to throw into a prime that I really want.
  • holdenwait
    hat trick from Carlos in his 7th game o:)

first goal didn't record sadly but the second one was a forceful drive down the flank gtfo my wayyyy bam bam bam

• holdenwait
    4ever <3

DQph_H5_MXk_AAQn_G2.jpg
  • Thedudeabides
    Prime Hagi is fast becoming my favourite player, fantastic card and his left foot is a gift from the gods
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Prime Hagi is fast becoming my favourite player, fantastic card and his left foot is a gift from the gods

What position do you play him in? I'm really considering doing him but he'd only be able to slot into CM for me
  • dolcecubana
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    holdenwait wrote: »
    4ever <3

DQph_H5_MXk_AAQn_G2.jpg

Is he fine at striker?

Worth it? I've been tossing up getting Messi, Bale or doing the prime Del P SBC for a striker. In the end I was thinking of doing the Del P SBC and getting Bale next to him as well.

I'd have a front 3 triangle of Bale and Del Piero up front with Rui Costa at CAM.
  • holdenwait
    fine? more like divine
  • Dolph
    737 posts Semi-Pro
    holdenwait wrote: »
    :o :D

717719373db3b0ed8fdbfed300b28ebc.png

WTF, congrats
  • Xpglobe
    2199 posts Fans' Favourite
    R94 sold for 200k profit...need a new ST now :'( :/

nice thinking of selling mine would make 1.4m profit tempted lol
  • ha032742
    31740 posts Moderator
    Xpglobe wrote: »
    R94 sold for 200k profit...need a new ST now :'( :/

nice thinking of selling mine would make 1.4m profit tempted lol

Problem is once you’ve used him, no one compares...not even ST Ronaldo :'( :'(
  • Prices tanking? Bergkamp has dropped nearly 100k since I picked him up Thursday. I want to sell him and use the coins to finish Rui Costa but might wait a week. The loss isn't really an issue, I bought him with the profit from sniping Bale at 45k but I'd prefer to lose less.
  • BO0OM
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prices tanking? Bergkamp has dropped nearly 100k since I picked him up Thursday. I want to sell him and use the coins to finish Rui Costa but might wait a week. The loss isn't really an issue, I bought him with the profit from sniping Bale at 45k but I'd prefer to lose less.

Will recover for next WL
  • Thedudeabides
    3NG wrote: »

What position do you play him in? I'm really considering doing him but he'd only be able to slot into CM for me

I play him CAM behind Overmars and Henry. He's fantastic there, not sure how he'd do at CM if I'm honest, think he'd be wasted
  • balErik
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ruud Gullit 90, damn what a player, I bought him after I was lucky and packed Ronaldinho 91 who I sold. Tried Gullit at Cam and at striker, bangs them in from everywhere and he is so strong. I do understand why all the pros use him.
  • LiamSully
    4720 posts Big Money Move
    Baby R9, worth it?
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro

I play him CAM behind Overmars and Henry. He's fantastic there, not sure how he'd do at CM if I'm honest, think he'd be wasted

Damn, I'd love to use Hagi but I don't think it's worth pushing Dinho to striker, really don't like him there and Hagi wouldn't be a player I'd want to put into a future SBC, tbh

Wish the loans were still around, I'm not sure why they made them expire. Didn't even get a chance to play with Henry
  • RACharlsie
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How's Overmars? I can do his sbc now if I wanted, but I play 4231 so he'd be off Chem as a wide cam. Still as good if not better than Mertens there?
  • Bozza88
    1972 posts Fans' Favourite
    RACharlsie wrote: »
    How's Overmars? I can do his sbc now if I wanted, but I play 4231 so he'd be off Chem as a wide cam. Still as good if not better than Mertens there?

Love love love him
  • Yokiboy
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'd rather have a bronze in goal than Peter Schmeichel. Just played a guy with Pele and Schmeichel. 3-0 to me in 20 minutes and he rage quit. Schmeichel didn't get near anything.
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    @ha032742 @Gary3022

How did you guys prepare for post-life Dinho and how are you coping now?

He might have ran his course.
  • 3NG wrote: »
    @ha032742 @Gary3022

Well, i still got around the same wins in WL without him but i’m not looking for him to improve my record, he’s just the most fun card i’ve ever used and makes prime ADP feel like a bronze in comparison. I’ll be the first person to complete his prime once it’s out, idc how much it costs
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Gary3022 wrote: »
    @ha032742 @Gary3022

Well, i still got around the same wins in WL without him but i’m not looking for him to improve my record, he’s just the most fun card i’ve ever used and makes prime ADP feel like a bronze in comparison. I’ll be the first person to complete his prime once it’s out, idc how much it costs

Absolutely agree, more fun with this single card than the Brazilian Skiller days on 11/12. It sucks that CR7 is soooo much more effective :/

700 games though, IDK if I can let him go. He's like family now