Retro_G wrote: »
    Mc wrote: »
    xFATAL wrote: »
    85 Blanc’s price is crazy. I know he’s very very good, but is he really worth that much?!

Anyone else cashing in on him?

He is good, but not worth that much.

Blanc was worth it when he was around 650k. I replaced him with IF Pereira and team hasn't skipped a beat. Saved me 800k at the time.

Yeah agree, more important to spend in attack.

So who would u replace blanc with?

87 Hernandez.

You’d replace blanc with a striker?

Yes, midfielder's aren't as important in this Fifa. Interceptions were nerfed in Fifa 18, it's a striker who will get most your chances, the play usually bypasses the midfield. Strikers, Cam is the most important positions IMO.

I really disagree with this statement tbh, a good defence and midfield will completely change games, whereas you could use Jesus and Martial upfront who would score as much as CR7/Icon

I prioritise in this order

CDM -> CAM -> CB -> GK -> ST's -> CM's -> Full backs

I'd much rather buy this SIF De Gea coming out next week over someone like Crespo
  • Mc
    3947 posts National Call-Up
    Eisenhardt wrote: »
    85 Blanc’s price is crazy. I know he’s very very good, but is he really worth that much?!

Blanc was worth it when he was around 650k. I replaced him with IF Pereira and team hasn't skipped a beat. Saved me 800k at the time.

87 Hernandez.

Yes, midfielder's aren't as important in this Fifa. Interceptions were nerfed in Fifa 18, it's a striker who will get most your chances, the play usually bypasses the midfield. Strikers, Cam is the most important positions IMO.

I really disagree with this statement tbh, a good defence and midfield will completely change games, whereas you could use Jesus and Martial upfront who would score as much as CR7/Icon

Agreed.

Yeah I’m not agreeing with this either. What I was after is a decent replacement for 85 blanc who i think is too expensive.
  • Mc

I'd much rather buy this SIF De Gea coming out next week over someone like Crespo[/quote]

Not sure I’d go this far!
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6456 posts Big Money Move
    3NG wrote: »

87 Hernandez.

I'd much rather buy this SIF De Gea coming out next week over someone like Crespo

I've seen alot of pros on streams like Shellz and Gorilla/Tass etc all saying the best order of upgrade is back to front because a good defence and midfield will win you more games than your attack, obviously this doesn't apply if you try to use bronze strikers and a cam haha
  • FORZARDO
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero

87 Hernandez.

I used to agree with this statement, always asked myself - why spend 1.8m on CR7 when Martial + Jesus seems to be stupid OP for their price tag.

However, I bought CR7 for a second time and I have to say it was worth every penny. He changes games where Martial and Jesus may fail. That extra edge is worth it to me in terms of 'changing games'.

I think the midfield is probably the most lackluster in my opinion. Not sure if it's my preference or what but maybe it's just because I haven't had top players in those roles - playing with Marchisio - Bakayoko - Rui Costa there atm and they haven't questioned me one bit.

• 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro

87 Hernandez.

I've seen alot of pros on streams like Shellz and Gorilla/Tass etc all saying the best order of upgrade is back to front because a good defence and midfield will win you more games than your attack, obviously this doesn't apply if you try to use bronze strikers and a cam haha

Yeah I can see where they're coming from but you always need that game changer up front just in case you need something out of nothing
  • TheParty
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    86 Shevchenko or 85 Crespo? Can afford Shevchenko once I sell some players in my club
  • Gary3022
    919 posts Semi-Pro
    Not sure if i wanna take the coins for 91 Dinho and wait for his prime or just hold on to the 91 and upgrade elsewhere :# The 91 is my favourite card in the game but the prime just looks more like the Dinho i remember.

God knows when he’ll be released though, at this rate we’re looking at the last ones being dropped just before the World Cup.
  • Retro_G
    33019 posts National Team Captain
    edited December 2017

87 Hernandez.

Have you watched two pro's playing against each other? They're always high scoring. If this was Fifa 17, I'd say defence to attack. This game is unbalanced in the final third, so a strong attack is a necessity.
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro
    Gary3022 wrote: »
    Not sure if i wanna take the coins for 91 Dinho and wait for his prime or just hold on to the 91 and upgrade elsewhere :# The 91 is my favourite card in the game but the prime just looks more like the Dinho i remember.

God knows when he’ll be released though, at this rate we’re looking at the last ones being dropped just before the World Cup.

No way he's going down any time soon, just enjoy him until his prime comes out and then sell him

Keeping mine forever now (unless the prime one is under 2m, which it won't be). Too attached to him and played nearly 1k games with him
  • Gary3022
    919 posts Semi-Pro

No way he's going down any time soon, just enjoy him until his prime comes out and then sell him

Keeping mine forever now (unless the prime one is under 2m, which it won't be). Too attached to him and played nearly 1k games with him

Yea that’s the problem, gonna be difficult to sell if i get attached so gotta make a decision before then lol. Yea i imagine with the position change the 91 should hold its price well when the prime drops but that 94 just looks like thee Dinho card to get lol. There’s also like no RW that interests me yet on the game which is something else i’ll need to consider.
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro

Yea that’s the problem, gonna be difficult to sell if i get attached so gotta make a decision before then lol. Yea i imagine with the position change the 91 should hold its price well when the prime drops but that 94 just looks like thee Dinho card to get lol. There’s also like no RW that interests me yet on the game which is something else i’ll need to consider.

You're making me want the LW one now, please stop lol

If you put Engine on both of them they're both essentially maxed but the 94 rating over the 91 looks so much better + a 1 owner prime Ronaldinho is so hard to turn down.

Honestly, I think it all depends on what player model he has in game.

The RW is a turnoff for me as well atm but TOTY Messi is here soon and he'll be fine with his massive stamina boost tbh
  • Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air
    950 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2017
    Have 2.5 million total coins & also have Prime Costa. Planning on submitting Costa for ADP’s SBC now, & will probably do whoever’s released next between Crespo, Vieira, & Rijkaard.

What was the cheapest you guys were able to complete ADP’s for when boosts were active (disregarding the Icon submission)? Thinking it might be possible to do it for around 400-500k.
    Post edited by Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air on
  • ha032742
    38692 posts Moderator
    edited December 2017

You can afford both anyway right? :joy:

Also I cba changing formation anymore so the CAM is staying in my team.
  • Gary3022
    919 posts Semi-Pro
    ha032742 wrote: »

You can afford both anyway right? :joy:

Also I cba changing formation anymore so the CAM is staying in my team.

Not this year with how bad TOTW packs are lol. And yea i tried that approach but 95% of my opponents pause at kickoff so it doesn’t really matter if i do it or not lol.
  • Gary3022
    919 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2017
    I sold him :#@3NG

Got out with 300k profit and i guess there’s a chance he could drop a bit with Christmas promos and stuff but even if he goes up i’m happy with the price. Won’t be able to afford TOTY Messi so it’ll probably be the highest version of Mbappe or another icon / LW off chem. Henry will have to wait a while to get his partner back :(

Also have no idea how he sold, there were 2 up for 50k cheaper at the same time lol
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    MVB worth his price? I know prices are high right now but I want a good Target man icon striker and he looks awesome. Just don't want to over pay right now obviously
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro
    I sold him :#@3NG

Got out with 300k profit and i guess there’s a chance he could drop a bit with Christmas promos and stuff but even if he goes up i’m happy with the price. Won’t be able to afford TOTY Messi so it’ll probably be the highest version of Mbappe or another icon / LW off chem. Henry will have to wait a while to get his partner back :(

Also have no idea how he sold, there were 2 up for 50k cheaper at the same time lol

:'( I'll make sure to use the salute celebration when 'Dinho scores for me today

Could even use a ST at RF as well but I'm sure you'll get lucky with your WL rewards or monthlies down the line. I've gotten terrible rewards all year but last week I got Sterling x2 from my E1 rewards which wasn't too bad

All you need is DDG from this week and that's 1m (I need to find 1m to buy him :( )
  • Mc
    edited December 2017
    Rightly or wrongly bought a probably overpriced 91 dinho. He’s Brilliant
  • ha032742
    38692 posts Moderator

Using him at RCAM but the novelty is wearing off. Gullit, Blanc and Vieira have been worth every penny...Ronaldinho blows hot and cold :/
  • ha032742
    38692 posts Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Cheap icon striker or CAM recommendations anyone?

Someone tore me a new one with 86 Larsson so kind of tempted to get an icon ST whilst waiting for R9. Maybe 87 ADP?
  • i2-TempZ-2i

Someone tore me a new one with 86 Larsson so kind of tempted to get an icon ST whilst waiting for R9. Maybe 87 ADP?

You already know my recommendation, get rid of that Rui :wink:
  • ha032742
    38692 posts Moderator

Don’t want an untradeable :joy:
  • i2-TempZ-2i

Don’t want an untradeable :joy:

Then you will never experience the true power that is El Matador

hi-res-f08f4f0eb076534587c1950aae56d188_crop_north.jpg?1415657329&w=630&h=420
  • Mc

Using him at RCAM but the novelty is wearing off. Gullit, Blanc and Vieira have been worth every penny...Ronaldinho blows hot and cold :/

Lol already have 90 gullit and 85 blanc!

Yes they are superb. Ronaldinho seems to add something different. However honeymoon period still
  • ha032742
    38692 posts Moderator

Yes they are superb. Ronaldinho seems to add something different. However honeymoon period still

It’s weird but he feels weaker than Martial even though he trounced him in PHY...think it may be aggression?
  • Retro_G
    33019 posts National Team Captain
    Had to sell my Hernandez, he was brilliant but my team around him was too weak.
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro

It’s weird but he feels weaker than Martial even though he trounced him in PHY...think it may be aggression?

Definitely has something to do with it but a well timed L2 bump works wonder with him, tbh. I've found no problems with his strength

What chem style do you use on him btw?
  • ha032742
    38692 posts Moderator

Definitely has something to do with it but a well timed L2 bump works wonder with him, tbh. I've found no problems with his strength

Hawk
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro

Hawk

I use the exact same, not sure what else to suggest then! Everyone seems to be getting rid of 91 Ronnie :(