Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• i2-TempZ-2i
    6434 posts Big Money Move
    I'm all set to complete Henry, Hagi, big Pete and Carlos when the scream boosts kick in, but I'm torn in wether to trade in Overmars or buy an icon for the 89 rated team for Henry? I think Overmars is great but would save me 400k, it's a tough call. Would mean sbc Promes would partner Henry, what would you guys do?

I'm leaning towards just buying another icon as I really like Overmars...

I love Overmars as an impact sub atm, hes really proving his worth and pretty much scores every time i bring him off the bench, how badly do you need to save 400k, can you afford to spend it?

Yeah, I'm just gonna pick up a cheap icon I think. I never expected to like Overmars, I only did him because he was dirt cheap, and thought he would be useful down the line but he's been incredible. I've got the coins so it shouldn't be a problem, just means I'll have a little less to trade with.
    I'm just pleased that I'll have a team with 6 prime icons without spending a penny, didn't think it would be possible.
    Just have to get back on the trading grind for Maldini, Maradona, Puyol and Ronnie.
    The impossible dream...

Haha yeah nice man, i'm just saving up my coins now and waiting for the expensive primes to actually be released
  • aragornrok
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Can someone suggest a good icon for less than 500k. cm,cb,st, and gk are the 4 positions being considered.

Had 88 carlos sold him for 900k. Did not suit my style but his crossing and passing is really good.
  • Eisenhardt
    4178 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2017
    aragornrok wrote: »
    Can someone suggest a good icon for less than 500k. cm,cb,st, and gk are the 4 positions being considered.

Had 88 carlos sold him for 900k. Did not suit my style but his crossing and passing is really good.

Is there an icon in those positions that actually goes for that much?
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    Eisenhardt wrote: »

Nesta was 460-480k a few days ago. May be over 500 at this point. A gk can be had for less than 500k
  • Eisenhardt
    sounders3 wrote: »

Nesta was 460-480k a few days ago. May be over 500 at this point. A gk can be had for less than 500k

He's asking for CB/CM/ST. 88 Nesta is +500k last time I checked.
  • sounders3

Yeah not surprised, he also said GK was one of the 4 positions he wanted. Think that may be the only one doable for less than 500k
  • Eisenhardt
    edited December 2017

Yeah not surprised, he also said GK was one of the 4 positions he wanted. Think that may be the only one doable for less than 500k

I missed that, my bad. But I don't think any of the icon keepers is worth that much tbh.
  • sounders3

I missed that, my bad. But I don't think any of the icon keepers is worth that much tbh.

Yeah they definitely aren’t, at this point they are Icon sbc fodder when able
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    I'm never selling Hernandez, he is next level. You think Kluivert or Crespo is good? Try this beast, got a fresh one with no games played, 87 has the best composure. :smiley:
  • Oscaaaar
    1358 posts Professional
    Was time to let him go, 10/10 player, but its time to switch it up. 597k profit after tax.
    39b983dedcc65d05ce1b860ee8658078.png

Getting CR7 and Vieira on Sunday! :)
  • Eisenhardt
    Oscaaaar wrote: »
    Was time to let him go, 10/10 player, but its time to switch it up. 597k profit after tax.

You think his prime SBC will cost more than 4 mill?
  • ha032742
    38049 posts Moderator

I think 4m
  • Eisenhardt
    ha032742 wrote: »

I think 4m

Hope they don't make it ridiculously expensive, that's an SBC I really want to complete as soon as it drops.
  • Oscaaaar
    1358 posts Professional
    edited December 2017

4m seems reasonable when Prime Henry is ~3m.
  • Gary3022
    919 posts Semi-Pro
    You think prime Gullit’s worth going for or better to go for the 90? @ha032742

Gotta get rid of Del P and Schmeichel, might sumbit them for Gullit
  • ha032742
    38049 posts Moderator
    Gary3022 wrote: »
    You think prime Gullit’s worth going for or better to go for the 90? @ha032742

Gotta get rid of Del P and Schmeichel, might sumbit them for Gullit

Gullit 90 is immense...I will get the prime but the way things are going we won’t see him till Easter and I cba.
  • Dolph
    1198 posts Professional
    Which icon would you guys recommend for under 1 mil, already have 87 Crespo
  • Acker
    1197 posts Moderator
    Really do hope they start releasing the primes far more often

My 91 Matthaus will hit 1000 games before I can get his prime at this rate already going to be hard to sell him absolutely amazing player

Can’t believe the increase this week , 420k for the lowest icon now guess EA wanted to keep the prices high all year and have achieved it
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    edited December 2017
    Acker wrote: »
    Really do hope they start releasing the primes far more often

My 91 Matthaus will hit 1000 games before I can get his prime at this rate already going to be hard to sell him absolutely amazing player

Can’t believe the increase this week , 420k for the lowest icon now guess EA wanted to keep the prices high all year and have achieved it

They might dip for TOTY, can only see them going up until then.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Best targetman legend? That's not shearer. Ha.
  • jpsblue
    5436 posts Big Money Move
    oh my god lads i'm so glad i got lucky during BF and packed NIF Messi, De Bruyne twice, Kante etc. Bought 90 Gullit just before WL started for 4m (i know ❤️❤️❤️❤️ hell), but the man is a different animal... played 25 games with him so far this WL and he has about 23 goals and 10 assists. Not elite stats by any means (he plays CAM, move to ST when i make a sub in 60th minute) but the man is just everywhere. He wins tackles, marauds forward, wins so many headers, is just a menance.

So glad i bought him even if i did gut my entire club of 85-88 players (like Godin, Bonucci, David Silva, Hamsik etc.) that i stocked up for a potential prime SBC that i wanted to do, but man 90 Gullit is so good.

I have hawk on him as i want that extra physical. Any other chem suggestions other than Hawk or Hunter? Or are they good enough.

Moved Prime Rui Costa to CM who is decent there, will probably eventually replace him with Matthaus in CM i think.

• tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »

Mvb
  • jpsblue
    5436 posts Big Money Move
    tetsu0jin wrote: »
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »

Mvb

Crespo is a great target man too
  • Alandx
    187 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How is IF Son compare to 87 Hernandez?
  • BananaBez
    76 posts Park Captain
    I packed 92 Maldini from one of the MM packs last night, is it worth keeping him? Or selling and buying / upgrading a new team
  • BananaBez
    76 posts Park Captain
    BananaBez wrote: »
    I packed 92 Maldini from one of the MM packs last night, is it worth keeping him? Or selling and buying / upgrading a new team
    Should say I have 85 Crespo and 90 Bergkamp at the moment
  • ha032742
    38049 posts Moderator

Sell and upgrade the team imo Bez...btw didn’t know you were back this year B)
  • BIGTOWNSLEY
    867 posts An Exciting Prospect

Neither of these where that good for me but if sell and upgrade even get 88 Maldini at CB. What's your team tho can't advise who to get unless we see it
  • Fishunia
    604 posts An Exciting Prospect
    guys i wanna get 90 Bergkamp , in 4231 as central CAM ! behind League Cavani ! what do you think ?
  • BIGTOWNSLEY
    867 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fishunia wrote: »
    guys i wanna get 90 Bergkamp , in 4231 as central CAM ! behind League Cavani ! what do you think ?

He is not bad at all but i didnt feel he warranted his price tag and got rid of him for Prime Hagi who initially wasn't great but now is irreplaceable