Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• i2-TempZ-2i
    6434 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    FORZARDO wrote: »
    Should I sell 87 Del P for 89 Hagi and 85/88 Rio?

I haven't used ADP but I'd say yes for 88 Rio and Hagi

If you haven't used ADP then you can't really comment... it's a definite no from me, ADP is one of the best icons ingame this year.. any version

Well I can and I will comment lol iv used prime ADP and he is amazing but I'd go for Hagi and Ferdinand as I believe it would add more to the team going back and forward

You can comment but you really shouldn't because its bad advice...

Hagi is absolutely awful compared to ADP and while Rio is very good (Prime) any defender can do what he does for a fraction of the price e.g. 4 examples from different leagues (Bailly, Boateng, Ramos, Thiago Silva)
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    tetsu0jin wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    tetsu0jin wrote: »
    or5lso.jpg

Im pretty confident that henry for me is the best st i ve used so far. Btw the games played and goals scored should have been better since im getting so many rage quits after henry is doing hat tricks before half time. Problem is im gonna miss him cant do his sbc atm.

Pro player, Arsenal fan Tass only rates him as an 8/10. Haven't used Henry myself, that isn't a great rating for such an expensive card.

Ive tried pele, 90 r9, dhino that everyone is raving about here and havent had the results i get with henry. On a side note my main st is prime hernandez which also outperforms the ones i mentioned except henry.

Ah well, if Henry is working for you, don't change a winning formula mate. Hernandez has to be the best value for coins icon, don't think any other icon striker has as many traits and specialities.
  • BIGTOWNSLEY
    867 posts An Exciting Prospect

If you haven't used ADP then you can't really comment... it's a definite no from me, ADP is one of the best icons ingame this year.. any version

Well I can and I will comment lol iv used prime ADP and he is amazing but I'd go for Hagi and Ferdinand as I believe it would add more to the team going back and forward

Hagi is absolutely awful compared to ADP and while Rio is very good (Prime) any defender can do what he does for a fraction of the price e.g. 4 examples from different leagues (Bailly, Boateng, Ramos, Thiago Silva)

I disagree completely but i respect you opinion. I find hagi is fantastic. Prime ADP was nothing special for me. Your opinion is not the be all and and all please respect other people opinions and don't be so rude...just a thought buddy
  • i2-TempZ-2i

I disagree completely but i respect you opinion. I find hagi is fantastic. Prime ADP was nothing special for me. Your opinion is not the be all and and all please respect other people opinions and don't be so rude...just a thought buddy

He's not talking about Prime ADP though but yeah sure.
  • Yokiboy
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just played against Prime Schmeichel. I scored 7 and he made two saves. Terrible keeper
  • edema1tm
    436 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Been keeping an eye on 90 Bergkamp as I was looking to buy him. He's gone from just over 1 million to now the cheapest being almost 1.3 million. This due to the lack of packs being opened?
  • Oscaaaar
    1358 posts Professional
    How is 86 Vieira compared to Pogba? Worth the extra million?
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    edema1tm wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye on 90 Bergkamp as I was looking to buy him. He's gone from just over 1 million to now the cheapest being almost 1.3 million. This due to the lack of packs being opened?

Seen one go for 1.1 last night.
  • BIGTOWNSLEY

He's not talking about Prime ADP though but yeah sure.

You said all versions are better than hagi and claimed my opinion wasn't valid because I haven't tried any ADP and I have in just saying I would change it up. Would be better to see his whole team tho
  • jpsblue
    5539 posts Big Money Move
    jpsblue wrote: »
    Lads I've gutted my club with all 88 87 players etf, selling players like Kante, De Bruyne, Messi etc that I don't need

I have enough right now to get 90 Gullit finally! Can't wait to use him this WL even though I'm paying 4.1m for him and the most expensive player I've bought ever is CR7 for 1.5

Can't wait to use him in a few hours playing CAM behind CR7 and 86 Larsson

90 Gullit is **** so dominant isn't he?

This is my team now

xaHnNVB.png

Thoughts? Only have 100k left after selling all my top tier 86-88 cards plus some IF cards. Gutted my club to get 90 Gullit :D

Don't think I can make much improvements at this stage can I? Only have 100k left like I said hahah. Can't wait to use 90 Gullit.

Looks incredible how is nesta? Honestly i would probably play Sokratis over him he is a monster
    Nesta is really solid, his agility lets him down but his def plus physical is really good so I'm going to keep him until the next icon CB SBC

Iv just got 88 Maldini in and play him off chem he is fantastic I had SIF Mustafi before that and he was amazing then I realised when I got Maldini he actually was just ok and Maldini makes him look so average

88 Maldini at 7 Chen better than 88 Nesta? I just hate maldini's strength and Nesta js so strong

• BIGTOWNSLEY
    Lads I've gutted my club with all 88 87 players etf, selling players like Kante, De Bruyne, Messi etc that I don't need

I have enough right now to get 90 Gullit finally! Can't wait to use him this WL even though I'm paying 4.1m for him and the most expensive player I've bought ever is CR7 for 1.5

Can't wait to use him in a few hours playing CAM behind CR7 and 86 Larsson

90 Gullit is **** so dominant isn't he?

This is my team now

xaHnNVB.png

Thoughts? Only have 100k left after selling all my top tier 86-88 cards plus some IF cards. Gutted my club to get 90 Gullit :D

Don't think I can make much improvements at this stage can I? Only have 100k left like I said hahah. Can't wait to use 90 Gullit.

Looks incredible how is nesta? Honestly i would probably play Sokratis over him he is a monster
    Nesta is really solid, his agility lets him down but his def plus physical is really good so I'm going to keep him until the next icon CB SBC

Iv just got 88 Maldini in and play him off chem he is fantastic I had SIF Mustafi before that and he was amazing then I realised when I got Maldini he actually was just ok and Maldini makes him look so average

88 Maldini at 7 Chen better than 88 Nesta? I just hate maldini's strength and Nesta js so strong

I haven't used Nests tbh but I run an anchor on him and his strength is spot on
  • TheKloppite
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How is 90 Rio compared to the others? Big upgrade? Worth a Mil?
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro

Others say no I say yes. He has a unique body type (unique things in this game are very good as EA tend to overrate them due to them going out of their way to give it to the player so it's not a waste of their time)

Played over 100 games with him now, don't think I've lost a header with him, always in the right position and he's basically a maxed out card with Anchor chem on him.

However, saying all of that, I only got him because the rest of my team is perfect and I just needed an addition. If, depending on your formation, you don't have a(2) very good striker(s), CAM and an elite DM then upgrade those positions first.
  • TheKloppite
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    3NG wrote: »

Others say no I say yes. He has a unique body type (unique things in this game are very good as EA tend to overrate them due to them going out of their way to give it to the player so it's not a waste of their time)

Played over 100 games with him now, don't think I've lost a header with him, always in the right position and he's basically a maxed out card with Anchor chem on him.

However, saying all of that, I only got him because the rest of my team is perfect and I just needed an addition. If, depending on your formation, you don't have a(2) very good striker(s), CAM and an elite DM then upgrade those positions first.

Thanks, this has helped, i think ill invest elsewhere first, just need prime bergkamp to release and that will make like a little easier
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    Just grabbed 85 Blanc, best chem style to use on him? I’m leaning backbone or anchor
  • BIGTOWNSLEY
    sounders3 wrote: »
    Just grabbed 85 Blanc, best chem style to use on him? I’m leaning backbone or anchor

I always ran a shadow on him but anchor would be good id say
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro
    If you're going to use him as a CDM then use Anchor. His passing is already great for a DM and Anchor gives a bigger boost to jumping/heading/aggression which is important for a DM (+ the pace boost is nice).
  • sounders3

If you're going to use him as a CDM then use Anchor. His passing is already great for a DM and Anchor gives a bigger boost to jumping/heading/aggression which is important for a DM (+ the pace boost is nice).

Yeah he will be a CCM, so will be using him more defensively. Think I’ll throw anchor on him, that pace with his height looks immense in that role
  • BIGTOWNSLEY

Yeah he will be a CCM, so will be using him more defensively. Think I’ll throw anchor on him, that pace with his height looks immense in that role

I used to Hunter and Shadow everyone but i think now id run an anchor on him. Iv noticed chem styles like maestro are much better on certain players
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner

I was looking at getting him for the CCM role also in my main 4321 team. I really just want him to make more hybrids. Ha. But he looks amazing for that role, especially if you surround him with players like Tolisso, Vidal, Goretzka types as the other CMs.
  • Oscaaaar
    1358 posts Professional
    edited December 2017

I am playing him as CCM, using Sentinel, works great!
  • sounders3
    Oscaaaar wrote: »

May give sentinel a run first as I have a few in the club but would need to buy anchor, good shout!
  • sounders3
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »

I was looking at getting him for the CCM role also in my main 4321 team. I really just want him to make more hybrids. Ha. But he looks amazing for that role, especially if you surround him with players like Tolisso, Vidal, Goretzka types as the other CMs.

Yeah I’m looking forward to giving him a run, will have Nainggolan on one side, and surprisingly enough Scream Perisic is a fantastic CM and will be on the other side. Should be a fun midfield to use.
  • Chet
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect

I use him as a CDM in a 4231, with sentinel also, he’s a tank!
  • BIGTOWNSLEY

May give sentinel a run first as I have a few in the club but would need to buy anchor, good shout!

His pace is great so you couldn't go wrong with a senitel his finishing also really surprised me. I'd love him back but he is so expensive now
  • sounders3

His pace is great so you couldn't go wrong with a senitel his finishing also really surprised me. I'd love him back but he is so expensive now

Yeah I had to just jump on him as i I’ve been burned 2-3 times already waiting to buy and Icon for them to then jump 200k
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm all set to complete Henry, Hagi, big Pete and Carlos when the scream boosts kick in, but I'm torn in wether to trade in Overmars or buy an icon for the 89 rated team for Henry? I think Overmars is great but would save me 400k, it's a tough call. Would mean sbc Promes would partner Henry, what would you guys do?

I'm leaning towards just buying another icon as I really like Overmars...
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    I'm all set to complete Henry, Hagi, big Pete and Carlos when the scream boosts kick in, but I'm torn in wether to trade in Overmars or buy an icon for the 89 rated team for Henry? I think Overmars is great but would save me 400k, it's a tough call. Would mean sbc Promes would partner Henry, what would you guys do?

I love Overmars as an impact sub atm, hes really proving his worth and pretty much scores every time i bring him off the bench, how badly do you need to save 400k, can you afford to spend it?
  • Eisenhardt
    4178 posts National Call-Up
    Any of you guys using prime Petit as a LCM? Is he worth it over somebody like Vidal for example?
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite

I love Overmars as an impact sub atm, hes really proving his worth and pretty much scores every time i bring him off the bench, how badly do you need to save 400k, can you afford to spend it?

Yeah, I'm just gonna pick up a cheap icon I think. I never expected to like Overmars, I only did him because he was dirt cheap, and thought he would be useful down the line but he's been incredible. I've got the coins so it shouldn't be a problem, just means I'll have a little less to trade with.
    I'm just pleased that I'll have a team with 6 prime icons without spending a penny, didn't think it would be possible.
    Just have to get back on the trading grind for Maldini, Maradona, Puyol and Ronnie.
    The impossible dream...