Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Sold my Kluivert lads, great card. Got a 100k more than what I paid, probably sold too early, but happy with the profit.

20171201_014527.png
  • limjitwe
    10003 posts Has That Special Something
    Oscaaaar wrote: »
    88 Ferdinand is up 16% today, WTH. The whole icon market is up 3,4% today according to futbin, insane.

I so regret not buying him for 600 odd k about 2 weeks back. Clashed with my holidays plus Black Friday. Oh well.
  • limjitwe
    Are icons over inflated now? I guess they are moving up cause they are pretty rare.

My only one is Overmars which I did for 200 odd k.
  • Retro_G
    edited December 2017
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Are icons over inflated now? I guess they are moving up cause they are pretty rare.

My only one is Overmars which I did for 200 odd k.

They're over inflated at the moment with weekend league about to start. Prices just seem too good.
  • 88 Maldini at CB....wow solid as a rock with anchor

91 Carlos...unbelieveable with engine on him tears up the wing an animal

90 overmars....wasn't blown away until I put a maestro on him and he is far better for me now

91 Hagi...at first took a while to get used to but unbelievable on the ball use a maestro but would consider changing to try engine

90 Petit...really like him but at times he feels sluggish with an inconsistent shot had shadow but changed to a hunter and getting more goals but still sluggish at times

These first 2 listed are bringing back the fun for me enjoy my current team. That's the icons I will keep in the team. From who I have used the only ones that will get back in are Blanc 85, Rijkaard 86 or Vieira beside Petit id consider Desailly also maybe him and Matthaus cb and swap in game. Long way off tho I have 8k to my name lol
  • Retro_G
    Have a bid at 490k on my 85 Jay-Jay Okocha. I didn't really want to sell this card, he is the most fun RF that I've used. Played him at CAM, was fresh when I bought him.
  • Retro_G
    Gone, flipped for 30k profit after buying for 435k.

20171201_024424.png
  • Retro_G
    edited December 2017
    I was checking up the icons, Hernandez has a bunch of traits, specialties. I remember @JigglySte mentioning that Hernandez, was outperforming his fat Ronaldo in the last weekend league. No doubt it's to do with all his special abilities, he will be my next icon to try.

Hernandez traits, specialties.
    *Traits*
    - Trys to beat defensive line
    - Dribbler, Speed Dribbler
    - Power Header
    - Chip Shot
    *Specialties*
    - Speedster
    - Aerial Threat
    - Dribbler
    - Acrobat
    - Clinical Finisher
    - Complete Forward
    - Poacher
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    People realize specialties mean nothing in game right?
  • Retro_G
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »
    People realize specialties mean nothing in game right?

Really, why are they listed?
  • limjitwe
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I was checking up the icons, Hernandez has a bunch of traits, specialties. I remember @JigglySte mentioning that Hernandez, was outperforming his fat Ronaldo in the last weekend league. No doubt it's to do with all his special abilities, he will be my next icon to try.

*Traits*
    - Power Header
    - Chip Shot
    *Specialties*
    - Speedster
    - Aerial Threat
    - Dribbler
    - Acrobat
    - Clinical Finisher
    - Complete Forward
    - Poacher

Yup he looks the real deal as well. But I don’t particularly have a liking to him as never seen him in teal life.

• Retro_G
    limjitwe wrote: »

*Traits*
    - Power Header
    - Chip Shot
    *Specialties*
    - Speedster
    - Aerial Threat
    - Dribbler
    - Acrobat
    - Clinical Finisher
    - Complete Forward
    - Poacher

Yup he looks the real deal as well. But I don’t particularly have a liking to him as never seen him in teal life.

Yeah never seen himself, although his record for the Tigres, Mexico is impressive. Worth a try, have heard nothing but positive feedback about him in Fifa. :smiley:
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    No icon really gets me excited to play with them except the ones I can't afford. Ha. I did want to try shearer because I like using target men but I've heard mixed reviews about his cards.

Only icon I want is klose. When or if he gets an icon card, I'd be more than willing to throw coins at that card.
  • tetsu0jin
    1872 posts Fans' Favourite
    tetsu0jin wrote: »
    or5lso.jpg

Im pretty confident that henry for me is the best st i ve used so far. Btw the games played and goals scored should have been better since im getting so many rage quits after henry is doing hat tricks before half time. Problem is im gonna miss him cant do his sbc atm.

Pro player, Arsenal fan Tass only rates him as an 8/10. Haven't used Henry myself, that isn't a great rating for such an expensive card.

Ive tried pele, 90 r9, dhino that everyone is raving about here and havent had the results i get with henry. On a side note my main st is prime hernandez which also outperforms the ones i mentioned except henry.
  • TheKloppite
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    95 Maradona is the GOAT!!
  • Nicku32
    2298 posts Fans' Favourite
    95 Maradona is the GOAT!!

What is your team around him? I had him for around 20 games scoring around about that many goals with a few assists from CAM. I think Pelé definitely had a better return.
  • Are all icons going up in price because they're being required for the Prime Icons? Can we see them going back down in price if this is the case... surely they'll just keep going up in price AND eventually, it'll be hard finding them on the market, correct? :confused:
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro
    jacobdtr wrote: »
    Are all icons going up in price because they're being required for the Prime Icons? Can we see them going back down in price if this is the case... surely they'll just keep going up in price AND eventually, it'll be hard finding them on the market, correct? :confused:

The lower end icons are rising due to that fact, yeah. The high end icons are generally people's favourite players growing up and the best cards on the game and with the influx of coins this year from multiple avenues the fast price rise makes sense. Is this sustainable? Wouldn't be able to tell you, first year of squad battles/tiered icons so it's hard to say how much of an effect they're having.

If EA make the lower Icons more commonly pulled throughout the year it'd stop the lower end icons rocketing in price and becoming out of control as that's a small reason the middle teared icons are rising. If Inzaghi was 400k a few weeks ago and he's now 700k why should the 86 Vieira stay at 1.2m (now 1.6m) and be so close to him in terms of price?

The thing is it doesn't make sense for EA to make icons more available in packs. If people see the super high prices of icons then they're more likely to open packs in chase of one to earn quick money, similar to how they inflate 83/84 rated cards prices to make the packs more attractive to open.
  • lastfifa
    3426 posts National Call-Up
    Which defensive midfielder is worth the coins? Budjet 1M.. Will be center cm with prime costa as rcm. Lcm spot is in rotation and depends what league i use with legends.

Formation that i use is 4-3-2-1.

• jpsblue
    11777 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2017
    Lads I've gutted my club with all 88 87 players etf, selling players like Kante, De Bruyne, Messi etc that I don't need

I have enough right now to get 90 Gullit finally! Can't wait to use him this WL even though I'm paying 4.1m for him and the most expensive player I've bought ever is CR7 for 1.5

Can't wait to use him in a few hours playing CAM behind CR7 and 86 Larsson

90 Gullit is **** so dominant isn't he?

This is my team now

xaHnNVB.png

Thoughts? Only have 100k left after selling all my top tier 86-88 cards plus some IF cards. Gutted my club to get 90 Gullit :D

Don't think I can make much improvements at this stage can I? Only have 100k left like I said hahah. Can't wait to use 90 Gullit.
  • jpsblue wrote: »
    Lads I've gutted my club with all 88 87 players etf, selling players like Kante, De Bruyne, Messi etc that I don't need

I have enough right now to get 90 Gullit finally! Can't wait to use him this WL even though I'm paying 4.1m for him and the most expensive player I've bought ever is CR7 for 1.5

This is my team now

xaHnNVB.png

Thoughts? Only have 100k left after selling all my top tier 86-88 cards plus some IF cards. Gutted my club to get 90 Gullit :D

Don't think I can make much improvements at this stage can I? Only have 100k left like I said hahah. Can't wait to use 90 Gullit.

Looks incredible how is nesta? Honestly i would probably play Sokratis over him he is a monster
  • FORZARDO
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Should I sell 87 Del P for 89 Hagi and 85/88 Rio?
  • jpsblue
    11777 posts Has That Special Something
    jpsblue wrote: »

This is my team now

xaHnNVB.png

Looks incredible how is nesta? Honestly i would probably play Sokratis over him he is a monster
    Nesta is really solid, his agility lets him down but his def plus physical is really good so I'm going to keep him until the next icon CB SBC
  • Eisenhardt
    4256 posts National Call-Up
    FORZARDO wrote: »

Honestly, no. ADP > Hagi and there are plenty of NIF CB options that go up to a 92 rating with the right chem style.
  • jpsblue wrote: »
    jpsblue wrote: »

This is my team now

xaHnNVB.png

Nesta is really solid, his agility lets him down but his def plus physical is really good so I'm going to keep him until the next icon CB SBC

Iv just got 88 Maldini in and play him off chem he is fantastic I had SIF Mustafi before that and he was amazing then I realised when I got Maldini he actually was just ok and Maldini makes him look so average
  • FORZARDO wrote: »

I haven't used ADP but I'd say yes for 88 Rio and Hagi
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7597 posts League Winner
    FORZARDO wrote: »

If you haven't used ADP then you can't really comment... it's a definite no from me, ADP is one of the best icons ingame this year.. any version
  • Oscaaaar
    1358 posts Professional
    Anyone been monitoring Gullit 90? Cheapest BIN is 4,4m which is pure madness, does he actually sell for that? If so I could sell him for 780k profit :open_mouth:
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7597 posts League Winner
    Oscaaaar wrote: »
    Anyone been monitoring Gullit 90? Cheapest BIN is 4,4m which is pure madness, does he actually sell for that? If so I could sell him for 780k profit :open_mouth:

Sold mine overnight for 4.3mil as i decided i'm not playing weekend league again
  • FORZARDO wrote: »

If you haven't used ADP then you can't really comment... it's a definite no from me, ADP is one of the best icons ingame this year.. any version

Well I can and I will comment lol iv used prime ADP and he is amazing but I'd go for Hagi and Ferdinand as I believe it would add more to the team going back and forward