I think I rest my case when I say 'READING FC RATINGS ARE FAR TOO HIGH!'

PelzyWelzy
9184 posts League Winner
edited September 2017
Forgot people thinking Matic deserves a 97, that Lukaku is the best striker in the world or that Gabriel Jesus is already a better player than Ronaldinho in his prime. The real issue with this years rating system so far as I can tell are the shocking inaccuracies in the Reading side.

And in case anyone doubts my qualifications for making such judgements, an ardent Reading fan and season ticket holder (Lower West Stand) for the past nine years I'm in a better position than most to fairly and competently judge the squad on a whole.

I'll start with some of the more obvious ratings...

Sone Aluko - 74

What complete and utter garbage (garbage being the operative word here, as that's exactly what Aluko is). Couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo this bloke, seen toddlers trip over a ball and chin it into the net with more competency than this pathetic excuse for a football player. Fast only because he runs in a straight line and on current form likely to score his first goal for the club come the launch of Fifa 22 I think a better, more accurate rating for Sone would be 37.

Modou Barrow - 72

Replacing 'Madou' with 'Wheel' would be a start, because he's about as bloody useful as one on the pitch. 42 strength is a little too high. Well, by a little I'd say 32 too high. Gust of wind could blow him over and judging by many of his performances regurarly does. The only guarantee you get with Wheel Barrow is that if he starts a game he isn't going to finish it... deserves a 25.

Tiago Ilori - 73

Tiago plys his trade as a defender and was deemed not good enough to get in to the sodding Liverpool squad, let alone starting line up... says it all really. Like Sone and Wheel above, he's fast but ultimately as useful as a sparrows fart in the wind. Thinks he's Beckenbauer, plays a lot like Jack Bauer. Should be 61 rated!

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson - 69

The fact that you can call him Daddy and he's a 69 just about justifies this rating for me. Leave as is.

As for the rest of the squad... Ahh man, **** it. I literally can't be ******. Football is a **** sport.

Yours truly,

Disgruntled Reading fan.

Ps. Would be interested to hear some of your guys thoughts on players at your clubs rated far too highly - Utd and City fans, try to keep your opinions to yourself yeah lads? :smirk:

Oh, and in case anyone noticed... very bevvys have been had tonight :joy:

Comments

• RayS
    25095 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 2017
    I see we have started a trend with these threads! I can dig it

Edit: i just noticed your title says "too high" lol well played :D
  • Bored to read that lol ..see u in the game. Small Club = Small things

• PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    PS4VTM wrote: »
    Bored to read that lol ..see u in the game. Small Club = Small things

Jog on Ball Boy... No one around here likes your sort :trollface:
  • HelloDearie
    2238 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2017
    You think yours are too high?! Try looking at Bolton's. 0 goals scored in over a month, and winless in 9 league games :D :D i think our team being all bronze would be generous atm!

But love the thread man :p
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    You think yours are too high?! Try looking at Bolton's. 0 goals scored in over a month, and winless in 9 league games :D :D i think our team being all bronze would be generous atm!

But love the thread man :p

Hahaha, we seem to talk at some point every year about just how tragic our respective teams are... Come a little earlier than usual this season :joy:
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    RayS wrote: »
    I see we have started a trend with these threads! I can dig it

Edit: i just noticed your title says "too high" lol well played :D

Hahaha, took you a while but glad you finally got there bro :smiley:
  • PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    PS4VTM wrote: »
    Bored to read that lol ..see u in the game. Small Club = Small things

Jog on Ball Boy... No one around here likes your sort :trollface:

Hey whats going on whit ur small club lmao
  • deang07
    7931 posts League Winner
    Well played lol
  • Choppers925
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero
    Now I have to look for a Palace thread, hopefully written by a disgruntled Palace fan, :joy:
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    Now I have to look for a Palace thread, hopefully written by a disgruntled Palace fan, :joy:

Hahahaha, can you imagine the amount of asterixs there'd be in that thread? And there I am thinking Reading have problems... :joy:
  • Choppers925
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

Hahahaha, can you imagine the amount of asterixs there'd be in that thread? And there I am thinking Reading have problems... :joy:

Well thanks for the laugh anyway, that cheered me up no end, and nothing to do with the fact that I am a Swindon fan ;)
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    No, no, no, I insist - its actually the QPR player ratings that are too high :)
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner

Well thanks for the laugh anyway, that cheered me up no end, and nothing to do with the fact that I am a Swindon fan ;)

Mate, things carry on like they are and I'll start considering making a switch to the County Ground myself. Rather be behind Accrington Stanley in the table than put up with much more of this nonsense :joy:
  • Khalabeeb
    727 posts Sunday League Hero
    I work 2 minutes from madejski stadium
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    Khalabeeb wrote: »
    I work 2 minutes from madejski stadium

I feel for you bro... I live thirty minutes away and right now it's a little too close for my liking. As things stand never want to go back to the place!
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    No, no, no, I insist - its actually the QPR player ratings that are too high :)

Yeni Ngbakoto is 46 rated, surely?
  • Ishibum
    12144 posts Has That Special Something
    This is all very "Hi, I'm Ishibum and I'm a Fiorentina fan"
    giphy.gif

I'll also add though, this is what supporting a team is really about. You guys have my kudos :)

• PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    Ishibum wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I'll also add though, this is what supporting a team is really about. You guys have my kudos :)

Hahaha. Cheers man :smile:

Out of curiosity how are Fiorentina getting on of late? Don't follow Italian football half as much as i used to, or should.. only catch results and a few match reports every once in a while.
  • RayS
    giphy.gif

No maw talk?
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    giphy.gif

No maw talk?

Haha, the trash talk still going on then?
  • Slipend
    1216 posts Professional
    edited September 2017
    You'll win on Saturday. Whenever we (Norwich fan) play a team on a poor run of form, that team seems to get a gift wrapped easy victory. See our results against Sunderland and Villa already this season.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    Slipend wrote: »
    You'll win on Saturday. Whenever we (Norwich fan) play a team on a poor run of form, that team seems to get a gift wrapped easy victory. See our results against Sunderland and Villa already this season.

Has 0-0 written all over it mate!!
  • RayS
    edited September 2017
    giphy.gif

No maw talk?

Pretty sure @Ishibum and @hayhor1 are mortal enemies forever but they may be more careful these days. I was thrown in jail as a bystander to some of their banter
  • Ishibum
    giphy.gif

No maw talk?

No trash talk. We just love each other (and each other's maws). Now, I'm getting Fifa, I'll smash him silly
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    giphy.gif

No maw talk?

Pretty sure @Ishibum and @hayhor1 are mortal enemies forever but they may be more careful these days. I was thrown in jail as a bystander to some of their banter

Yeah, fully expecting to wake up tomorrow and see bars across my avatar simply for using asterixs in my post. Can't say a chuffing thing around here nowadays :joy:
  • RayS
    giphy.gif

No maw talk?

No trash talk. We just love each other (and each other's maws). Now, I'm getting Fifa, I'll smash him silly

Lolol idk why but every time i read your posts and then see your profile avatar, i crack up laughing
  • RayS
    giphy.gif

No maw talk?

Yeah, fully expecting to wake up tomorrow and see bars across my avatar simply for using asterixs in my post. Can't say a chuffing thing around here nowadays :joy:

I'm sure i don't know what you're talking about. My lips are sealed. I <3 everyone and everything about FIFA, these forums, and the moderators. I invite all moderators to a pizza party weekly
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    giphy.gif

No maw talk?

If you had a choice between smashing @hayhor1 at Fifa or 'smashing' his Maw, which would you choose bro? :smirk:
  • Ishibum
    giphy.gif

No maw talk?

You'd be amazed at what you can get away with. thing is, I think there's a huge difference between folk being silly and using a few sweary words and others who are not using naughty language but getting away with some right nasty stuff. The mods have a hard job though, I have to say (you couldn't pay me to do it)
  • Ishibum
    giphy.gif

No maw talk?

If you had a choice between smashing @hayhor1 at Fifa or 'smashing' his Maw, which would you choose bro? :smirk:

Fifa 18 for sure. Want to try something new :lol: