The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

Critique my team please

Grousey
377 posts Sunday League Hero
sc6fk2.png

Especially interested in people's thoughts on how the player workrates fit the formation.

Will eventually replace Coutinho with Neymar, need to save my coins.

Hidden gem so far is Paulinho who is superb.

Comments

  • GMaZ23
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Midfield mabye slightly on the defensive side, other than that looks solid mate.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Grousey
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    Move Casemiro to CDM and Fernandinho to the CM perhaps?

    He has banged in a couple of long shots but isn't overly creative.
  • Quinn87
    1898 posts Fans' Favourite
    Grousey wrote: »
    Move Casemiro to CDM and Fernandinho to the CM perhaps?

    He has banged in a couple of long shots but isn't overly creative.

    He doesn't have fernandinho.
  • Quinn87 wrote: »
    Grousey wrote: »
    Move Casemiro to CDM and Fernandinho to the CM perhaps?

    He has banged in a couple of long shots but isn't overly creative.

    He doesn't have fernandinho.

    Fabinho
  • Retro_G
    31139 posts National Team Captain
    Too many City, Liverpool players for my liking.
  • Grousey
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have Fernandinho in my squad so could draft him in if he's the best fit for the CM position.
  • Difficult to find really good Brazilian central midfielders - none like Kante or Vidal for example.

    I would say your midfield is lacking pace and is very defensive but that might suit how you play the game, it just depends......the only other Brazilian options are Fernandinho and Rafinha for Casemiro or Fabinho - I find Rafinha faster to pass and move/tackle than Fernandinho, at least on Fifa 17 at least......and I can say that Rafinha has improved markedly in Fifa 18. Having said that I have yet to use the upgraded Fabinho player.......

    A question for you - just how good is Paulinho?? Not tried him yet but his price is up there already! Would make a delicious pairing with Rafinha perhaps?

    I know you want an all Brazilian team but Marcelo and Varane are a solid combo especially Varane and Marquinhos together.

    I found Lucas a more tricky dribbler and scored more goals than Wilian.

    Up front I would choose Lacazette with the only Brazilian option being R9 or Pele - much more saving up to be made though!

    I used to use the 4321 formation but found it limited in width and I played better with two up front so moved to 442. One of the major downsides is that Coutinho does not play as well in the LM position - he is a beast in the 4321 formation, with cutting in and using finesse shot being unstoppable. You could try one of the 433 options if you prefer one up front some of which leaves little space in midfield and with your players your possession stats should be high!

    HTH!
  • This is just a Brazilian squad, not really original.
  • Grousey
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    V_Babu_V wrote: »
    Difficult to find really good Brazilian central midfielders - none like Kante or Vidal for example.

    I would say your midfield is lacking pace and is very defensive but that might suit how you play the game, it just depends......the only other Brazilian options are Fernandinho and Rafinha for Casemiro or Fabinho - I find Rafinha faster to pass and move/tackle than Fernandinho, at least on Fifa 17 at least......and I can say that Rafinha has improved markedly in Fifa 18. Having said that I have yet to use the upgraded Fabinho player.......

    A question for you - just how good is Paulinho?? Not tried him yet but his price is up there already! Would make a delicious pairing with Rafinha perhaps?

    I know you want an all Brazilian team but Marcelo and Varane are a solid combo especially Varane and Marquinhos together.

    I found Lucas a more tricky dribbler and scored more goals than Wilian.

    Up front I would choose Lacazette with the only Brazilian option being R9 or Pele - much more saving up to be made though!

    I used to use the 4321 formation but found it limited in width and I played better with two up front so moved to 442. One of the major downsides is that Coutinho does not play as well in the LM position - he is a beast in the 4321 formation, with cutting in and using finesse shot being unstoppable. You could try one of the 433 options if you prefer one up front some of which leaves little space in midfield and with your players your possession stats should be high!

    HTH!

    I do like sticking with an all national side.

    I will give Rafinha a go, I tried him last year but his stamina let him down.

    Paulinho is the box to box player you're looking for. He's absolutely everywhere and doesn't seem to stop.

    He has 6 goals and 9 assists in 14 games and is always tracking back to win the ball. I can't recommend him enough.
  • Ah ha! Sounds like his price is justified! Should have snapped him up right at the start when he was really cheap!
  • Choepiechakie
    32579 posts National Team Captain
    Boring
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    You managed to build a team of 11 of the most overpriced players in FUT 18.
  • You managed to build a team of 11 of the most overpriced players in FUT 18.

    Could be a good investment
  • Looks pretty good... The only problem is your midfield is a bit too defensive... Especially casemiro @CM.
  • Grousey
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    You managed to build a team of 11 of the most overpriced players in FUT 18.

    Could be a good investment

    Built this on day 1 of EA access. Most of my players have doubled in value.
  • Peekab88
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great team mate! Some nice Player from that country! How is casemiro? And how many fifa point?
  • Moose Factory
    4250 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2017
    I'd give this squad a 1 out of 7.

    De8P4r7.gif

  • Grousey
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    Peekab88 wrote: »
    Great team mate! Some nice Player from that country! How is casemiro? And how many fifa point?

    12k FIFA points.

    I have Firmino, Fernandinho, Marlos, Costa, Naldo and a bunch of others in the squad.

    Casemiro is a rock in midfield. Very strong, passes well and has decent long shots. Not the most mobile but not a huge issue.
  • Kove
    4118 posts National Call-Up
    Agree re defensive midfield. Either swap to 433-3 or get a box to box on the right hand side
Sign In or Register to comment.