XBOX CC FILM CLUB

Argie8
7220 posts Big Money Move
Thought it was about time I set up a thread to talk about the latest films we've watched!

I'm currently spending my Saturday night watching THE ROOM for the first time. 25 minutes and I have no doubt it's by far the worst film I've ever seen. It's lived up to the hype B)

Comments

• Azof
    20593 posts Club Captain
    Saw Wind River last week very very good film with one part that was a bit out of place but other than that worth a watch.

Watched Arrival last night, very good also quite a bit different from other sci fi films
  • Argie8
    Azof wrote: »
    Saw Wind River last week very very good film with one part that was a bit out of place but other than that worth a watch.

Watched Arrival last night, very good also quite a bit different from other sci fi films

Really looking forward to WIND RIVER. I loved Tyler Sheridens previous film HELL OR HIGHWATER.

I really enjoyed the first 3/4 of ARRIVAL but felt the last act really fell apart. Didn't work at all for me. Still liked the film overall though
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    Watched Everest this evening, my trading was more entertain tbf
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Best horrors that are recent?
  • Argie8
    IT and GET OUT. Not incredibly scary but really good films. DONT BREATHE and GREEN ROOM are great thrillers with a bit of a horror vibe
  • Azof
    20593 posts Club Captain
    Argie8 wrote: »

Really looking forward to WIND RIVER. I loved Tyler Sheridens previous film HELL OR HIGHWATER.

I really enjoyed the first 3/4 of ARRIVAL but felt the last act really fell apart. Didn't work at all for me. Still liked the film overall though

Yeah the ending is either going to make or break the film for you, I liked it

Any movie suggestions on Amazon prime or netflix need to stay awake as long as possible and fix sleeping pattern
  • Martythedoc
    2515 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finished watching Wanted for probably the 3rd time cause it happened to be on the TV. A standard brain off movie
  • Azof
    20593 posts Club Captain
    Just finished Straight Outta Compton, very good movie but from what I have read over the years it is quite a white washed story, would have been interesting to see how different it would have been without Dre as a producer
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Just watched Kingsman the other day. 8/10
  • Azof
    20593 posts Club Captain
    Kai9623 wrote: »

I enjoyed the first 3/4 of it on a plane, the last quarter was ruined by it constantly buffering, need to rewatch that bit at more than 2 frames per second
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Kai9623 wrote: »

I enjoyed the first 3/4 of it on a plane, the last quarter was ruined by it constantly buffering, need to rewatch that bit at more than 2 frames per second

Forgot to add the one i watched was Kingsman 2 xD
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something

Waiting on a decent copy of WIND RIVER.
  • CornishLad
    24800 posts Player of the Year
    Bloodsport >>>>>>>>>>>
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    My current IMDB top 10:

1. Stranger Things (Only 10)
    2. GOT
    3. Whiplash
    4. Les Intouchables
    5. Fruitvale Station
    6. Prison Break
    7. The Green Mile
    8. Beasts of No Nation
    9. Shawshank Redemption
    10. Lion
  • Azof
    20593 posts Club Captain
    Not a movie but a documentary but just finished Bowling for Columbine after reading it being suggested, very good watch and just sad to see it changed nothing.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    edited September 2017
    Haven't watched a Michael Moore docu since FAHRENHEIT 9/11. May check it out, although the subject isnt really one that captures my attention in the same way terrorism does.
  • Azof
    20593 posts Club Captain
    Is Fahrenheit 9/11 worth a watch?
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Is Fahrenheit 9/11 worth a watch?

Most definitely.
  • Azof
    20593 posts Club Captain
    Il give it ago after his one on Capitalism
  • Hibee
    12563 posts Has That Special Something
    Saw IT on opening night, really enjoyed it and a lot closer to the book than the last version.

If you guys like documentaries then you should check out King of Kong. About a guy trying to break the donkey Kong work record. It's bonkers but incredibly entertaining.
  • PJazz
    2223 posts Fans' Favourite
    The Hitman's Bodyguard with Samuel L.Jackson and Ryan Reynolds! great action&comedy film!
  • Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    Moana 9/10
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Thoughts on the new JUMANJI?

Saw a trailer for it and looks like it'll be an entertaining, if a little bit silly, watch.

Decided to watch the old one and it really hasn't aged well. Gave up about half way in.
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    Campino wrote: »
    Moana 9/10

Not talking about CD's matey...
  • Argie8
    edited September 2017
    Santiago wrote: »
    My current IMDB top 10:

1. Stranger Things (Only 10) 10
    2. GOT 9
    3. Whiplash 7
    4. Les Intouchables 8
    5. Fruitvale Station 7
    6. Prison Break 8
    7. The Green Mile 6
    8. Beasts of No Nation not seen
    9. Shawshank Redemption 10
    10. Lion 8

Nice list! My ratings for them are in bold
  • My man @Argie8!

What did you think of the Room? :D
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Santiago wrote: »
    My current IMDB top 10:

1. Stranger Things (Only 10) 10
    2. GOT 9
    3. Whiplash 7
    4. Les Intouchables 8
    5. Fruitvale Station 7
    6. Prison Break 8
    7. The Green Mile 6
    8. Beasts of No Nation not seen
    9. Shawshank Redemption 10
    10. Lion 8

Nice list! My ratings for them are in bold

1 is my only 10.
    2-6 are 9
    7-10 are 8

:)
  • Argie8
    hoban95 wrote: »
    My man @Argie8!

Unreal man. I knew it was gonna be bad but it's honestly next level. So many sex scene montages :D it was an incredible viewing experience. A complete clusterfcuk. I was honestly laughing from the beginning to the end.

"You're tearing me apart, Lisa!" :D

Also, try to name a more iconic villain than Lisa... you can't B):D:D:D@hoban95
  • Argie8 wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    My man @Argie8!

Unreal man. I knew it was gonna be bad but it's honestly next level. So many sex scene montages :D it was an incredible viewing experience. A complete clusterfcuk. I was honestly laughing from the beginning to the end.

"You're tearing me apart, Lisa!" :D

Also, try to name a more iconic villain than Lisa... you can't B):D:D:D@hoban95

It's ridiculous isn't it? :joy:

"Oh hi Mark"
  • Hitman_Hatton
    IT and GET OUT. Not incredibly scary but really good films. DONT BREATHE and GREEN ROOM are great thrillers with a bit of a horror vibe

So GREEN ROOM sounds interesting having checked out the imdb page :)

Will give it a watch this evening and give my opinion.