4231/4231(2) thread!

krakos000
18067 posts World Class
edited October 2017
Figured I would make this thread again as it seems like it's gonna be a popular formation again this year. I haven't experimented with any new custom tactics so if anyone has any, please share :) Share any teams, gameplay tips, tactics/instructions etc anything to help out your fellow forumer!!!

My teams
Serie A
47WPKPB.png

BPL
hRpv6VB.png

I had Sterling but he wasn't very good so I'm listing him up slightly inflated until he sells. No idea who I want, either Silva or Willian.

Right now I'm using the same instructions as last year which are

ST: Stay Central, Get in behind(for Morata)
CAM: Stay forward, free roam
LM/RM: Stay forward, cut inside
CDM: pure DM on stay back, playmaker on balanced
Full backs: Stay back

Again it seems that one two passing is key in this formation and the triangles between the CDMs, CAM and LM/RM help to set up chances. I find I score a lot more with my CAM than my strikers just because of the way I play.
Post edited by krakos000 on

Comments

• BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    Nice teams mert
  • krakos000
    18067 posts World Class
    Nice teams mert

Thanks!! Hell of a lot better than what I started with last year looking back at my thread :D
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    If it's any help I'd definitely recommend putting bakayoko on cut passing lines and wilshere on man mark.
  • krakos000
    18067 posts World Class
    If it's any help I'd definitely recommend putting bakayoko on cut passing lines and wilshere on man mark.

Do those actually work this game? I tried using them last year and didn't notice any difference. I'll try it though, thanks!
  • Keano
    20413 posts Club Captain
    Thought about using it this year but am staying with 4312 untill i see if that works.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    I prefer (1) but struggling to find good CAMs for it.
  • Mr. Soper
    3973 posts National Call-Up
    I found you don't have to keep your fullbacks on stay back this year. They seem to make smarter position choices
  • krakos000
    18067 posts World Class
    Mr. Soper wrote: »
    I found you don't have to keep your fullbacks on stay back this year. They seem to make smarter position choices

Does this keep them from going in towards the middle of the box while getting countered etc? Cause my fullbacks do that all the time, totally out of position
  • Sean2On
    1213 posts Professional
    Anybody have CT's for this? Using 4231(2)
  • coatsy
    PAPU
  • McNani17
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just started using 4231(2) and won 9 out of 10 games so far. It's been great :)

I find it best using counter attack preset tactic.
  • Rickch
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    Following with interest! I'm hopeless , so I'm trying to master 4231(2) - I find I create more chances with it than with classic 4231
  • Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 2017
    Love the 4231(1), so solid defensively and great going forward. Only lost one match since switching from the 4321
    Post edited by Shane on
  • coatsy
    Shane wrote: »
    Love the 4232(1), so solid defensively and great going forward. Only lost one match since switching from the 4321

No wonder you've got 12 on the pitch :p
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    Having a ball with this team - so fun to use and the formation suits my playstyle so well

12fbdf3486d80d87bc3ea701d6b47507.png
  • PrayForHarambe
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Uberman656 wrote: »
    Having a ball with this team - so fun to use and the formation suits my playstyle so well

What CT's do you use?
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class

What CT's do you use?

@PrayForHarambe using default at the moment and its great

Fullbacks stay back while attacking and st press back line
  • mjs4p
    12305 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm currently using this and enjoying it:

n6xqO1v.jpg
  • PrayForHarambe
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special

What CT's do you use?

@PrayForHarambe using default at the moment and its great

Fullbacks stay back while attacking and st press back line

I might switch back to default because I can't find custom tactics that work well xD
  • ethnick
    5853 posts Big Money Move
    Loving this formation this year.
    Instructions i use are:
    ST - press back line, get in behind
    CAM - Stay forward, Free roam
    LM/RM - Stay Forward, Cut inside, Get in behind
    CDM's - Stay back
    LB/RB - Stay back

CT's are only slightly changed from default nothing over or under 5 what they are.

BPL
    iZskFNr.jpg
    Serie A
    PCOVL1P.jpg
  • Rickch
    I am so bad, I'm using 4231(2) but just can't win, it's more to do with me being crap than anything else!

Any tips on build up play, how do you create your chances with this formation?
  • BackDaddy
    3301 posts National Call-Up
    Rickch wrote: »
    I am so bad, I'm using 4231(2) but just can't win, it's more to do with me being **** than anything else!

Any tips on build up play, how do you create your chances with this formation?

Usually pivot between Rb cdm rm to work up the pitch, once the winger has the ball near the box I'll usually send it back through the cdms and they will play people into space. Patience and spreading the ball from wing to wing to stretch the defence are key
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    Amazing formation for me atm

Just a boring Serie A

5a83430e68bd8f2f96f548fd3b1fb324.png

• krakos000
    18067 posts World Class
    Sick teams you guys!! I have 600 to 700k to upgrade mine but I want an icon so bad. #firstworldproblems
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Sick teams you guys!! I have 600 to 700k to upgrade mine but I want an icon so bad. #firstworldproblems

I feel like Cam is the key position in 4231(2) so I probably won’t use it again until I can afford a bergkamp/Hagi etc
  • Robinflex
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite
    The poor choice of wide CAM’s might be the reason I’ll go for the wide 4231. Would you say it is that much wider than the original 4231? Or isn’t it that bad?
  • Rickch
    I'll give your tips a go Backdaddy, thanks for the advice!
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something
    Been struggling to find a formation I like this year... just given up on my three at the back experiment after a few thrashings in finals - giving this a go next.

Anything important I should keep in mind? A big'ger' type guy up front seems to be important looking at the teams posted above.

These are my untradeable sides I've put together... going to grind with these for now and build up a good coin balance before I start giving myself first team squad building headaches (been profiting so much from mass bidding on non rares am effectively doing the gold upgrade SBC for free atm, done over 100 :joy:).

Any you guys think will work well? Or maybe someone can see decent hybrid opportunites. Plenty of other players at the club to work with if needs be.

5VAYFLr.png

u2wpyPw.png

D0WqCND.png

eAfsU9I.png

WVM79tP.png

• Rickch
    Yeah I'm using Rashford up too on his own right now and he doesn't feel up to the job, saving for either 87 Hernandez or a Crespo/Kluivert...undecided!
  • Olleman
    14918 posts World Class
    edited October 2017
    Considering 85 Costa/Deco or Hagi atm at CAM in the (1) :)