Can someone explain squad battles to me

ronaldogoal
573 posts An Exciting Prospect
I've looked on the web and YouTube for how it works but still cannot understand it. What I've read says it 4 games a day but I'm then not sure if rewards are weekly or daily.
Can someone explain

Comments

• xAlgrayan
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    exact same as fut champions but there are a couple of differences.

1- its offline and against the AI but with real squads of real players.

2- you can only play 4 matches a day except i think friday and saturday you can play 8 games ( a total of 36 games i think ) . but each couple of hours within the day the 4 squads that you can play refresh and give you another 4 so if you don't like the squads that you get you can wait until they refresh but at the end of the day you only play 4 games.

3- the rewards are obviously less than fut champions because its easier.

4- points are the thing that determines your rank unlike fut champions which depends only on wins

5- you get more points based on the strength of the squad you're facing and also based on the difficulty that you set for the AI.

there are probably more differences but this is the main idea.
  • Oside Reds
    496 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you only have a few hours a week of play time (and prefer actually playing other people) does it look like these will be worth the time, in terms of the rewards you can get?
  • Shade98818
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Oside Reds wrote: »
    If you only have a few hours a week of play time (and prefer actually playing other people) does it look like these will be worth the time, in terms of the rewards you can get?

Yea! Its totally worth it. It's free packs and coins, plus it seems really easy to get the higher levels in it.
  • Yesterday i was Elite 2 and today i downgraded to elite 3 can someone explain the downgrade?
  • strings79
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yesterday i was Elite 2 and today i downgraded to elite 3 can someone explain the downgrade?

Leaderboard moves up and down so if someone has gained more points than you then you go down
  • Mini_Miudo
    9988 posts Has That Special Something
    Yesterday i was Elite 2 and today i downgraded to elite 3 can someone explain the downgrade?

Points for every rank increase as time goes on. I saw people mentioning it goes up 30 every 5 minutes. Haven't paid enough attention to it myself to know if that's true.
  • Does anyone know in which day of the week we get the rewards?
  • Realist
    3171 posts National Call-Up

People play all the time so the number of points refreshes like every 4 mins. As more people play and increase their points totals the boundaries for each level increase so it's likely that you drop down the rankings every so often.
  • Leandrinho
    1471 posts Play-Off Hero

Other people surpassed you in points. I had the same thing this morning from elite 2 to elite 3
    I wonder what will happen if the game releases tomorrow and more people will play squad battles... Percentages should be different I guess based on more active players
  • BarrowUnited
    1032 posts Professional

Every rank tells you how many players are in that rank. In Elite 1 only 1% of the "Squad battle players" is in it.
    So it can be that at first you are in that 1% but later at the day you are not anymore since other people surpassed you.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    In the weekend you get 4 new games every 8th hour, so 12 games on those days
  • RadioShaq
    15959 posts Moderator
    The rewards don't really seem worth it unless you are in the top elite 1 percent. I mean unless you like offline but I rather play online. Maybe I am not understanding the rewards though.
  • Blytz
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Great for using cheap fitness teams to win packs etc
  • BarrowUnited
    1032 posts Professional
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    The rewards don't really seem worth it unless you are in the top elite 1 percent. I mean unless you like offline but I rather play online. Maybe I am not understanding the rewards though.

Agree. If you want to finish there I think you need to play all the matches. That is at least 28 matches a week(?). To much offline matches for me tbh.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Finishing in top 50 is worth it, if you have the time for it like me then it's a great and profitable way to earn coins and players, the packs from this run earned me 400k
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    This is the way weekend league online should be done, open all week. It's a much better format than craming 40 games into one weekend.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    RadioShaq wrote: »

40k for elite 1 is good, but wouldn't expect anything out of the packs.
  • Its 12 games on Sat and 12 on Sunday.

4 games 9am-5pm
    4 games 5pm-1am
    4 games 1am-9am

Obviously there will be people who dont play all 12 due to being overnight and WL
  • Can someone tell me if the games get stored if you miss them or do you only have 1 refresh available all the time?

Example - I was away Monday and Tuesday, will I now have 12 games to play on Wednesday? Or only 4 or 8?

I believe you can save upto 8 games (2 pages), hence the "refresh" button, but not 3 pages (as in 2 refreshes)?

Please clarify.
  • nickmack
    521 posts An Exciting Prospect
    suhailio wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if the games get stored if you miss them or do you only have 1 refresh available all the time?

Example - I was away Monday and Tuesday, will I now have 12 games to play on Wednesday? Or only 4 or 8?

I believe you can save upto 8 games (2 pages), hence the "refresh" button, but not 3 pages (as in 2 refreshes)?

Please clarify.

If you don't refresh from the day before, you will only have that days games. If you only log in Wednesday, you'll have 4 games, however, if you log in Tuesday, refresh, don't play any games, then log in Wednesday, you will have 8, the 4 from Tuesday and then the 4 from Wednesday when you refresh.
  • nickmack wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if the games get stored if you miss them or do you only have 1 refresh available all the time?

Please clarify.

If you don't refresh from the day before, you will only have that days games. If you only log in Wednesday, you'll have 4 games, however, if you log in Tuesday, refresh, don't play any games, then log in Wednesday, you will have 8, the 4 from Tuesday and then the 4 from Wednesday when you refresh.

So basically the max you can carry over is one days worth of games (4)..
  • JDSPGA2
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s a great mode because you can pause the game to go get another beer rather than wait for a new game or half time like online.
  • Currieman
    5018 posts Big Money Move
    nickmack wrote: »

Please clarify.

So basically the max you can carry over is one days worth of games (4)..

That’s right. You can’t stack more than 1 set of games. So if you refresh on a Monday but don’t play and then refresh on the Tuesday and dont play then on Wednesday you can play the Tuesday and Wednesday games so that’s only 8 games, not 12.

It’s a good way to get some coins and makes the mon-thurs quite fun, although some people don’t like playing against the computer.

I never used to really but legendary is a good challenge for me (I win 3/4 games a day on average) and am currently elite 1. Plus it’s so much better than divisions which I absolutely hate now. Well I hated divisions on 17 as well actually.

I’d rather trade, do SBCs, play SB and WL and even draft more than divisions.