Goalkeepers

anaughtysausage
220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Are goalkeepers really that bad or is it just a excuse for bad defending?

Comments

• Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Exactly it's an excuse for bad defending. Your opponent wouldn't create many chances, if your defending is good.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Watched a penalty shootout last night, and some of the goalkeeper animations were bizarre, to say the least. Simple saves not being made. :)
  • Retro_G
    Watched a penalty shootout last night, and some of the goalkeeper animations were bizarre, to say the least. Simple saves not being made. :)

How is that any different than Fifa 17? Peno's would roll under your GK's arms, even when you dived the right way.
  • Pughy30
    25348 posts Player of the Year
    They're pretty bad imo finishing seems so much easier in 18 compared to 17 1on1's aren't as daunting where in 17 you know a De Gea or Butland could save everything
  • Benja190782
    1152 posts Professional
    Like I said before - the problem is not the keepers! (They are finally human this year)

The BIG problem here is that shooting is waay too accurate (and so is passing)
  • Sh4h_-_7
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Goalkeepers are fine. So much hate on goal keelers. But goalkeepers could turn round and say well **** defending. Nd not protected properly
  • Ball man
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    Are goalkeepers really that bad or is it just a excuse for bad defending?

Goalkeepers are mostly AI controlled, so if easy shots are not getting saved when you play online it's the fault of the coding. RB, LB, Two CB are mostly controlled by the player. There is a difference.
  • jfc
    1022 posts Professional
    Sh4h_-_7 wrote: »
    Goalkeepers are fine. So much hate on goal keelers. But goalkeepers could turn round and say well **** defending. Nd not protected properly

yeah I also feel the goal keelers get too much hate
  • nickmack
    463 posts Sunday League Hero
    This wicked deflection gave my keeper no chance, but wth was the dive effort for after the ball was already in the net?

http://xboxclips.com/LordTidyGoat/2c5a86c3-482a-4d4a-a19f-551273e579eb
  • Retro_G
    jfc wrote: »
    Sh4h_-_7 wrote: »

yeah I also feel the goal keelers get too much hate

That's because most people would prefer an A.I. controlled GK saving their backside, rather than learning to defend. Responsive shooting is a good thing. Nothing more frustrating than losing a game after having 20+ shots on goal, your opponent scores from 1 shot because his GK A.I. wins him the game.
  • Ball man
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    nickmack wrote: »
    This wicked deflection gave my keeper no chance, but wth was the dive effort for after the ball was already in the net?

http://xboxclips.com/LordTidyGoat/2c5a86c3-482a-4d4a-a19f-551273e579eb

The ending was messed up. A world class keeper would have reacted and got to the ball.
  • Currieman
    4918 posts National Call-Up
    Goalkeepers are inconsistent for me.

One game I had Pickford, my opponent had Begovic and they just made save after save. Think it ended 2-1 eventually.

Then the next game I had Pickford, matey had Perrin and they were both just letting in ridiculously easy shots. Game finished 6-4 :lol:

They just need to make it more consistent.