Those with crazy coins

xHerdie
5696 posts Big Money Move
what are you guys buying first?

just hit a mil (brag aside) and trying to figure out which Icons i wanna pick up

who have you picked up?

Comments

• Sanchezzzz
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    I want Henry I have since before he was released ffs. But 700k for the mediocre 87 one...
  • Khalabeeb
    727 posts Sunday League Hero
    All the icons will go up in price so pretty much you're safe. I picked up couple like zanetti and hagi .88 and 89 version for decent price
  • xHerdie wrote: »

just hit a mil (brag aside) and trying to figure out which Icons i wanna pick up

who have you picked up?

Unless you traded there is really nothing to brag about :trollface:
  • xHerdie
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    I want Henry I have since before he was released ffs. But 700k for the mediocre 87 one...

yeah he was on my list as well but def not paying that much for that version
  • xHerdie
    Khalabeeb wrote: »
    All the icons will go up in price so pretty much you're safe. I picked up couple like zanetti and hagi .88 and 89 version for decent price

did you get that hagi for like 400k? saw one but missed it. but you are right about a majority of them being safe, just not sure which striker/mid i wanna get yet
    Orison wrote: »
    xHerdie wrote: »

who have you picked up?

Unless you traded there is really nothing to brag about :trollface:

well mix of 36k fp and trading tbf but get your point
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    Picked up a Desailly for 314k :) - Will look for a 2nd icon tommorrow i think
  • xHerdie
    Uberman656 wrote: »
    Picked up a Desailly for 314k :) - Will look for a 2nd icon tommorrow i think

actually have that in my watch list still haha. forgot to check back but there is another one up :p
  • Orison
    77037 posts Icon
    edited September 2017

See, that's horrible value for money :D But personally I would rather buy a balanced team before buying icons for half my budget
  • xHerdie

See, that's horrible value for money :D But personally I would rather buy a balanced team before buying icons for half my budget

i thought 1.1m from 36k ($200) was very good but to each their own

normally i do buy a good team at the start but going to be pretty busy next week or so, so wont have enough time to use it/pay attention to prices. rather buy something i know wont drop (well hope)

normally i do buy a good team at the start but going to be pretty busy next week or so, so wont have enough time to use it/pay attention to prices. rather buy something i know wont drop (well hope)

Don't think anything will drop with the first weekend league starting on the 6th. Everyone will buy his team over the next 1-2 weeks and from the 26th or 29th onwards prices will increase imo.
  • xHerdie

Don't think anything will drop with the first weekend league starting on the 6th. Everyone will buy his team over the next 1-2 weeks and from the 26th or 29th onwards prices will increase imo.

wow didnt think first wl was 2 weeks away. that kinda changes things then. you buy griezman yet :D

wow didnt think first wl was 2 weeks away. that kinda changes things then. you buy griezman yet :D

Nope. @Shane trolled me this morning by randomly adding me in a post saying he got Griez in a random search for 25k :(

Might go wit this for the first wl, team cost 400k atm, so far I spent 1.2k fp and I'm up to 240k
    64f806de22b84d0a25549cbad3cac27b.png

• xHerdie

Nope. @Shane trolled me this morning by randomly adding me in a post saying he got Griez in a random search for 25k :(

Might go wit this for the first wl, team cost 400k atm, so far I spent 1.2k fp and I'm up to 240k

wow what did you pack? or have you just been grinding the market? tonights my first night actually being able to trade cause was busy most of yesterday when prices were at a low

wow what did you pack? or have you just been grinding the market? tonights my first night actually being able to trade cause was busy most of yesterday when prices were at a low

Absolutely nothing from these fps. Got Chiellini from an all players welcome back pack which was nice, discarded or sold the rest of my worthless welcome back packs and bought a Martial for 15k. When EA access came out I sold Chiellini for 60 and Martial for 40 and those were the first 100k.

First draft win I got a 100k and a 15k pack, then lost 2 finals, then won another draft this time without conceding a goal and got the 45k coins, 50k pack and 15k pack prize.

So basically Chiellini, a lot of horrible pack luck as always, but some lucky draft prizes :D
  • xHerdie

Absolutely nothing from these fps. Got Chiellini from an all players welcome back pack which was nice, discarded or sold the rest of my worthless welcome back packs and bought a Martial for 15k. When EA access came out I sold Chiellini for 60 and Martial for 40 and those were the first 100k.

First draft win I got a 100k and a 15k pack, then lost 2 finals, then won another draft this time without conceding a goal and got the 45k coins, 50k pack and 15k pack prize.

So basically Chiellini, a lot of horrible pack luck as always, but some lucky draft prizes :D

very nice man. in no time youll be able to make your Griezman squad then
  • Orison
    77037 posts Icon
    edited September 2017

Yeah, obviously that kind of luck won't continue (well apart from my packluck being god awful once again since that Chiellini pull), but I guess I will still get ~700k out of these 12k fp hence why I said 1.1Mil from 36k fp is awful value for money :D
  • xHerdie

Yeah, obviously that kind of luck won't continue (well apart from my packluck being god awful once again since that Chiellini pull), but I guess I will still get ~700k out of these 12k fp hence why I said 1.1Mil from 36k fp is awful value for money :D

yeah i see what you mean now. if i had the patience/time for draft then i 100% would have. only played two and lost in 3rd and final rounds. didnt get anything crazy from packs so thought screw it
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner

You're spending 12k all on draft? I'd rather die
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Also- if I sold up I'd probably be at around 1.5-1.6 mil but I don't have all my coins liquid atm.

RN sitting on 400k, a 400k team, a 400k TP and probably 400k in the club if I sold up. Currently just using my coins to try to get bargains on icons as well as reinvest/ replenish my tp when it dips below 100.

Definitely don't just sit on the coins though, spend spend spend imo.
  • krakos000
    18111 posts World Class
    Painter753 wrote: »
    Also- if I sold up I'd probably be at around 1.5-1.6 mil but I don't have all my coins liquid atm.

RN sitting on 400k, a 400k team, a 400k TP and probably 400k in the club if I sold up. Currently just using my coins to try to get bargains on icons as well as reinvest/ replenish my tp when it dips below 100.

easier said than done for me lol I only have 200k not including Ibra/my teams and I have no idea what to buy. I don't want to buy something and then have them drop and I'm screwed.
  • Painter753 wrote: »

You spent how much money on terrible packs that are just sad to see? Would rather die.

Last year I spent about 6k on draft and then I was so fed up I wasted the remaining 6k in one big desperate pack opening :joy: But yeah since there is now WL on atm there isn't any point in playing something else.

Will build up my coins, then get a team and qualify.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner

You spent how much money on terrible packs that are just sad to see? Would rather die.

Last year I spent about 6k on draft and then I was so fed up I wasted the remaining 6k in one big desperate pack opening :joy: But yeah since there is now WL on atm there isn't any point in playing something else.

I just can't play draft lol, can't stand it. To each their own though
  • EddieFicio
    22917 posts Club Captain
    I played 1 draft and the guy in the final was lag switching, beat him but only because i was winning 6-0 when he started lag switching, ended 6-5.

One thing is for sure in this game, if you get lag/delay, you're screwed, its unplayable.
  • Painter753 wrote: »

I just can't play draft lol, can't stand it. To each their own though

Yeah and I can't open that many packs. Would just make me really sad thinking about how much money I just wasted. I could afford it, but I couldn't stand it mentally :D But as you said each to their own.
  • Brownie1524
    9172 posts League Winner
    How the f are you guys already over a mill?!
  • xHerdie

packs/trading
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    krakos000 wrote: »

easier said than done for me lol I only have 200k not including Ibra/my teams and I have no idea what to buy. I don't want to buy something and then have them drop and I'm screwed.
    Yeh I'm trying not to overthink it and just buy and sell players haha. I'm really tempted to sell the likes of Mbappe, Kante, Martial and Bailly but at the same time I want a team to play with and have no idea what there price is gonna do. I'm sure I'm gonna get burned on something just hoping the coins I make in the process negate it to some extent :D
  • maxwms
    2722 posts Fans' Favourite

packs/trading

How do you trade? I have a out 30k and no idea what to do
  • xHerdie
    maxwms wrote: »

packs/trading

How do you trade? I have a out 30k and no idea what to do

not trying to sound like a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ but buy low sell high. theres also the gold trading thread that works for people

you just have to target a certain player list and keep grinding through them
  • Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
    Bought Neymar for 420, flipped him for 525k. Trading is easy right now. Just don't know who to build around yet aha