The American Soccer Lounge (National Team & MLS)

Comments

• RayS
    25540 posts Player of the Year
    First game online with my MLS players, @Chubbs would be proud:

opDQcPi.jpg

That back line was so good (even though I conceded 2 goals), they're all 6'4"+ with high strength. I think that's the way to go with CBs this year.

Onyewu pace of 2 isn't a problem?
  • Yeah do people not just sprint down you on the wings? That’s whats stopping me from running 3atb
  • RayS
    Yeah do people not just sprint down you on the wings? That’s whats stopping me from running 3atb

ye @Frankenberry do people not build bridges to China and back over Onyewu?
  • zzachzx
    4493 posts National Call-Up
    0dQWMRB.jpg

Decent
  • hockeyphenom87
    7050 posts Big Money Move
    zzachzx wrote: »
    0dQWMRB.jpg

Decent

Nice record Zach. What difficulty are you playing on?
  • zzachzx
    edited September 2017
    0dQWMRB.jpg

Decent

Nice record Zach. What difficulty are you playing on?

This was all online seasons and about 3-4 games of Squad Battles on World Class
  • hockeyphenom87
    That's pretty good. 4321? Or using him at striker? His card looks pretty good.
  • zzachzx
    http://www.futhead.com/18/squads/497935/
    I had him at LW in 433 but he wasn't effective he's been amazing as a ST though
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    RayS wrote: »
    First game online with my MLS players, @Chubbs would be proud:

opDQcPi.jpg

That back line was so good (even though I conceded 2 goals), they're all 6'4"+ with high strength. I think that's the way to go with CBs this year.

Onyewu pace of 2 isn't a problem?

Only played 3 games with him. He's definitely slow, but he's so massive and strong (6'5" with 99 strength), he seems to win every tackle and every air ball for me.

As long as your positioning is good, he's an elite silver CB. If you get caught out of position, he's useless. If I concede a goal with him, it's usually because of a mistake that I made.
  • hockeyphenom87

That's a nice team man
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    Need opinions. I want to use Asad at cm in one of the two squads I rotate. That would involve either dropping Feilhaber all together (whom I really like) or keep Feilhaber and drop Dempsey from the cam spot and moving Almiron to cam, although his 2 star weak foot is a little worrisome in that spot, which Dempsey betters him in but Almiron has that sweet pace. What do you guys suggest?
  • zzachzx

That's a nice team man
    Cheers

• RayS
    Need opinions. I want to use Asad at cm in one of the two squads I rotate. That would involve either dropping Feilhaber all together (whom I really like) or keep Feilhaber and drop Dempsey from the cam spot and moving Almiron to cam, although his 2 star weak foot is a little worrisome in that spot, which Dempsey betters him in but Almiron has that sweet pace. What do you guys suggest?

Use the players you like! I'd suggest playing Asad and Feilhaber and then Almirón ar CAM. Just try not to shoot as much on his weak side, but he should still be a great passer there. If u notice his WF is getting you in trouble, swap Dempsey back in. Or Feilhaber at CAM and Almiron at CM?
  • HBK1925
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    So I played like 3 games online. All have been for the sake of the daily. First game i got wrecked cause it was with a literally starter squad. Second I drew with a team with some West Ham peeps and Hart on goal. 3rd i used with my MLS squad. I was losing 5-0 in half time vs a la liga team (all best players except Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo. So it had Marcelo, Bale, Benzema etc. I came back with 1 goal from Kaka, 2 from Dwyer, 1 from Alsonso, 1 from Almiron.
    The guy must have been mad that I came back at the 90th with a driven shot.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    9n6CTOD.png
    Pulisic with 25 and 10 in 19 games, Bobby Wood with 9 and 10 in 18 games.
  • RayS
    bear wrote: »
    9n6CTOD.png
    Pulisic with 25 and 10 in 19 games, Bobby Wood with 9 and 10 in 18 games.

Dang great stats! How do they feel in game?
  • RayS
    HBK1925 wrote: »
    So I played like 3 games online. All have been for the sake of the daily. First game i got wrecked cause it was with a literally starter squad. Second I drew with a team with some West Ham peeps and Hart on goal. 3rd i used with my MLS squad. I was losing 5-0 in half time vs a la liga team (all best players except Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo. So it had Marcelo, Bale, Benzema etc. I came back with 1 goal from Kaka, 2 from Dwyer, 1 from Alsonso, 1 from Almiron.

Heck yeah MLS represent!
  • HBK1925
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite

Heck yeah MLS represent!

It's great. I mean I obviously could be using a better team but the affordability as a starter squad plus seeing real faces of favorite local league players is always cool and surprisingly some of them can be competitive. Specially now that we have like 5 decent CB
  • RayS
    edited September 2017

Heck yeah MLS represent!

It's great. I mean I obviously could be using a better team but the affordability as a starter squad plus seeing real faces of favorite local league players is always cool and surprisingly some of them can be competitive. Specially now that we have like 5 decent CB

How are Kaka and Dwyer?
  • Frankenberry
    Apparently no Brooks in the OTWs, unfortunate.

EA are so incompetent that either they:
    • picked Jeffrey Bruma instead of Bruma the LM becuase why not
    • picked Jeffrey Bruma (on Wolfsburg) instead of the other $20 million CB transfer on Wolfsburg.

DK6CnLNV4AANZMO.jpg:large

Either way, Jeffrey Bruma has been at Wolfsburg for two seasons already.
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero

Use the players you like! I'd suggest playing Asad and Feilhaber and then Almirón ar CAM. Just try not to shoot as much on his weak side, but he should still be a great passer there. If u notice his WF is getting you in trouble, swap Dempsey back in. Or Feilhaber at CAM and Almiron at CM?

I like Dempsey too his attributes are great aside from the pace at CAM. But I think I'm gonna drop Deuce and go with Almiron at cam. Feilhaber to me is a better cm than Dempsey is a cam this year
  • hockeyphenom87
    Not getting Mane and Brooks not being a OTW was a buzzkill.
  • RayS
    Qazaishvili, aka Vako, looks like quite the decent player actually. 4* SM + 5* WF. 81 long shooting, 79 short passing and curve. but 57 stamina... :(
  • Ryno
    6139 posts Big Money Move

• picked Jeffrey Bruma (on Wolfsburg) instead of the other $20 million CB transfer on Wolfsburg.

They changed it to the correct Bruma
  • Frankenberry
    Ryno wrote: »

Still an odd mistake, like one guy just yelled over to the other guy "hey just put Bruma in there" and no one thought to double-check it.

Just reinforces the idea that very little (or zero) though are put into these kinds of teams in FUT, it's just a random blob of 23 names they could think of.
  • Ryno
    6139 posts Big Money Move

Still an odd mistake, like one guy just yelled over to the other guy "hey just put Bruma in there" and no one thought to double-check it.

Just reinforces the idea that very little (or zero) though are put into these kinds of teams in FUT, it's just a random blob of 23 names they could think of.

We've known that for years
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    Qazaishvili, aka Vako, looks like quite the decent player actually. 4* SM + 5* WF. 81 long shooting, 79 short passing and curve. but 57 stamina... :(

He was very good last year!
  • hockeyphenom87

Envisioning two guys at EA doing this was pretty funny.

There were moments in the NHL series years ago where this was fitting to a tee.
  • RC
    763 posts Semi-Pro
    Dembele left out as well. Maybe they were excluded because they’re injured.
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    IF Martinez is so good, I just managed to pick a fresh one up for 12750 coins. If you haven't already, get him before his price goes up, as he will be rare.