The American Soccer Lounge (National Team & MLS)

Comments

• illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    I love how cheap MLS players are every year, just picked up Giovinco and the Dos Santos brothers for a little over 2k.
  • SuperSonicSean
    5969 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017
    Dang, I wanted IF Piatti, but now Mullins is guaranteed a slot. Doubt they'll give us two IFs.

Also Higuain had 3 assists. Would be a decent card, but he wont get one.
  • RayS
    25555 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 2017
    Think i'm settles on a 3-5-2 for my MLS side. Whom would you guys pick as your two central CMs? I wanna experiment with higher aggresiom CMs to win balls better, so was thinking maybe Jermaime Jones and Ring.
  • Chubbs
    14366 posts Has That Special Something
    RayS wrote: »
    Think i'm settles on a 3-5-2 for my MLS side. Whom would you guys pick as your two central CMs? I wanna experiment with higher aggresiom CMs to win balls better, so was thinking maybe Jermaime Jones and Ring.

Dont be an idiot, get Alonso
  • zzachzx
    4494 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2017
    Does anyone actually think that Fifa 18 is a good game? Lol
  • hockeyphenom87
    7050 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017
    Way to go Mullins. The game hasnt officially started until an American captures an IF.

Come on discard IF.
  • Ryno
    6143 posts Big Money Move
    zzachzx wrote: »

I'm enjoying it. The defending and goalkeeping AI definitely need tweaking but the game is good overall
  • zzachzx
    Ryno wrote: »

I'm enjoying it. The defending and goalkeeping AI definitely need tweaking but the game is good overall

Passing is **** terrible as well. You can bypass the whole midfield with one driven pass. It's impossible to mark players because no matter what you can't intercept ****
  • Chubbs

Passing is **** terrible as well. You can bypass the whole midfield with one driven pass. It's impossible to mark players because no matter what you can't intercept ****

Passing is absolutely miserable. Midfielders feel so useless. Why even have a CDM when they bullet pass and you are walking in mud for 5 seconds while they run on by.
  • SuperSonicSean
    5969 posts Big Money Move

Alonso, Ring, Bradley, Dzemaili, JDS, McCarty, Kljestan, there's so many good central options. I'm probably gonna run Alonso/JDS in one team and Bradley/Dzemaili in the other. Ring my midfield sub.
  • RayS

Alonso, Ring, Bradley, Dzemaili, JDS, McCarty, Kljestan, there's so many good central options. I'm probably gonna run Alonso/JDS in one team and Bradley/Dzemaili in the other. Ring my midfield sub.

Oh yeah Dzemaili looks great for a NIF MLS midfelder, esp his shooting.

Watching the Newcastle game just to feel a little better about the US RB position :D
  • zzachzx
    Fifa 18 is a poor excuse for a game, EA should be ashamed for putting this piece of **** out. Every shot is a **** rocket into the top corner, every player in the game can score from 30 yards out, defending and goalkeeping is woeful. It's like they took every thing that was wrong with the past 5 fifas and combined it into one mega **** game
  • Ryno
    So Zardes is starting at RB today...

@RC are you sure you don't wanna switch to being an LAFC supporter?
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Fifa 18 is a poor excuse for a game, EA should be ashamed for putting this piece of **** out. Every shot is a **** rocket into the top corner, every player in the game can score from 30 yards out, defending and goalkeeping is woeful. It's like they took every thing that was wrong with the past 5 fifas and combined it into one mega **** game

I've won every game online so far.
  • zzachzx

I've won every game online so far.

You're also way better than me at this game
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    LOL at Gio and Deuce not being MLS legends :joy:
    https://www.facebook.com/MLS/videos/10155757520468887/
  • Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    omfg SBC reward pack...

gdTQgi2.png

• Chubbs
    Atlanta robbed on a no call penalty and then Villalba masses one top right corner. What a hit.
  • hockeyphenom87
    7050 posts Big Money Move
    Congrats Chance!
  • Chubbs
  • zzachzx
    Damn nice Chance, I'm jealous
  • Shaanxz
    20478 posts Club Captain

:D
  • Chubbs
    Almiron pulled up and subbed out with a hamstring injury. If he is out long at all our shot for a first round bye is gone.
  • Ryno
    Damn nice Chance, I'm jealous

• Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks y'all! My pack only team is turning out very nicely (yes, I've spent real money on FIFA points)

zgQPVSi.png
  • Chance wrote: »
    Thanks y'all! My pack only team is turning out very nicely (yes, I've spent real money on FIFA points)

zgQPVSi.png

Damn nice pack only team. How you liking that form this year
  • RayS
    Dang Escargot Sprinteurs smashing the Fantasy score this week
  • RC
    763 posts Semi-Pro
    So Zardes is starting at RB today...

@RC are you sure you don't wanna switch to being an LAFC supporter?

The season is basically over for us so I don't mind seeing how he does at RB. Ended up not looking any worse than Diallo or Smith. Really miss DeLaGarza... :(.

Nah. I'll probably end up supporting LAFC because I like to support all local clubs (except Chivas USA :s), but they'll ALWAYS be second to LA Galaxy.
  • Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    Chance wrote: »

zgQPVSi.png

Damn nice pack only team. How you liking that form this year

Hard to say - I've only played 10 games :D
  • RayS
    I'm freeeeee