The J-A-C-K Lounge (J-League, A-League, CSL, K-League)

Comments

• BayernBru
    549 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ryno wrote: »
    BayernBru wrote: »
    Another CSL League SBC, another year where I didn't finish my collection before it came out :(

Both cards look brilliant. Didn't realise Jonathan is 4*5* with H/L workrates! Makes me wish I did the Scream Hulk SBC now!

Really chuffed this has been released as means we should see other leagues outside of the "Top 5." Got a little worried after they started off with Bundesliga.

We were always going to see it, was just a matter of when

@Ryno I wasn't so sure with the long delay to starting them and then beginning with a "Top 5" league.

Who you hoping for from the other JACK leagues then?

• Turner12
    805 posts Semi-Pro
    Another CSL League SBC, another year where I didn't finish my collection before it came out :(

Both cards look brilliant. Didn't realise Jonathan is 4*5* with H/L workrates! Makes me wish I did the Scream Hulk SBC now!

Really chuffed this has been released as means we should see other leagues outside of the "Top 5." Got a little worried after they started off with Bundesliga.

@Ryno I wasn't so sure with the long delay to starting them and then beginning with a "Top 5" league.

hopefully mcgree and toivenen in the aleague one aussie one international
  • Ryno
    6441 posts Big Money Move
    9awIx7K.png

Zahavi scored his 29th goal of the season this evening, breaking the record set by Elkeson in 2014.
  • nakamuramartin
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nakajima has been downgraded in game to 78. He's not getting game time or taking any chances when he does get them at the moment.

Critical moment in his career now. Inui has stalled too. Shibasaki mediocre in a mediocre team. Kagawa subbed every week. Doan not performing enough for me at PSV.
    Goals are just not coming from Japanese players at the moment. .

Concerning times.
  • RayS
    27166 posts Player of the Year
    Nakajima has been downgraded in game to 78. He's not getting game time or taking any chances when he does get them at the moment.

Critical moment in his career now. Inui has stalled too. Shibasaki mediocre in a mediocre team. Kagawa subbed every week. Doan not performing enough for me at PSV.

Concerning times.

:(:(:(
  • Ryno
    Flashback Mascherano out now
  • RayS
    CSL gets best JACK cards by far. Could build a pretty competitive CSL team now
  • Ryno
    edited November 1

Concerning times.

Its a time of stagnation for the old/current guard, but the new guard is certainly in a better spot than in years previous. The number of European players and transfers of young Japanese talent to Europe is more than enough evidence to suggest that things are not necessarily "concerning" at the moment. The sharp rise in ability that the Japanese team has seen in the past two decades had to stall at some point. Whether that time is now or not, we need to give it a few more months and see how this decline in form affects the results of the NT.
  • RayS

Concerning times.

Its a time of stagnation for the old/current guard, but the new guard is certainly in a better spot than in years previous. The number of European players and transfers of young Japanese talent to Europe is more than enough evidence to suggest that things are not necessarily "concerning" at the moment. The sharp rise in ability that the Japanese team has seen in the past two decades had to stall at some point. Whether that time is now or not, we need to give it a few more months and see how this decline in form affects the results of the NT.

Speaking of young Japanese talent, Japan with a superb 3-0 win over the Dutch in the U17 WC before a 0-0 stalemate with my other country. Senegal will be a tough test for their third game.
  • BayernBru
    Turner12 wrote: »

Decent shouts @Turner12

I'd like to see Vermaelen and Songkrasin from the J League. Songkrasin's card would be incredible!
  • RayS
    Turner12 wrote: »

Decent shouts @Turner12

I'd like to see Vermaelen and Songkrasin from the J League. Songkrasin's card would be incredible!

You can't tell me the Thai Messi with 5* skills and 99 agility wouldn't be a blast! At 5'2" is he the shortest player on FIFA?
  • RayS
    Nvm of course Nakagawa is shorter :D 5'1"
  • BayernBru
    @RayS just checked and you're right, Nakagawa is the joint shortest in the game along with Kazuki Yamaguchi. Songkrasin is the joint 5th smallest.

Used Songkrasin up top with Suzuki for the set of weekly objectives a few weeks back that required you to use some silver players in rivals, and they were a lot of fun.

• nakamuramartin

Concerning times.

My concern is down to a lot to these players moving to Europe are very similar. Who will fill the CM positions? Gaku should be one half of that but he is in a team languishing at the foot of La Liga 2.
    There is no one to fill the Hasebe role with experience against strong European opposition.
    Striking is another area. Osako is fantastic where is is and outside of Kamada, who is quite a different player I do not see a Japanese striker scoring goals.

Ultimately the aim is the next world cup. Osako will be 32 ish. The midfield trio of Nakajima, Minamino and Doan will have two at peak age and Doan still before.

But who plays behind?

I am concerned to he honest.
  • DistinctDwayne
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Found a way to get these sexy beasts into my team.

Screenshot-20191103-110430-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg

Hoping for the mls sbc soon as potm vela, potm martinez, Eoae Schweiny and IF Nani are being a bit neglected at the minute. Had Scream Ibra but he wasn't justifying his coins I'm afraid.
  • RayS
    JAK making it into the round of 16 for the U17 world cup! Could get a JK matchup in the quarters if Korea make it past Angola and Japan past Mexico!
  • Ryno
    One of the first Hero cards of the year is an Australian bloke playing in Ireland! A nice little collectors card!
  • Turner12
    805 posts Semi-Pro
    One of the first Hero cards of the year is an Australian bloke playing in Ireland! A nice little collectors card!

wheres the love button
  • nakamuramartin
    Hidetoshi Nakata talks about his time in Italy. First part of 4.

• Ryno
    If anyone is interested in watching the second half of the first leg of the Asian Champions League final between Al Hilal (Saudi Arabia) and Urawa Red Diamonds (Japan)

There is a twitch stream of the game you can watch (while it's still up) if you just type "al hilal" into the search
  • Ryno
    First leg is over and Urawa fail to score on the road losing 1-0. They clearly aimed to sit back and try and concede as little as possible, but, against one of the best attacks in Asia, that was a tough ask.

They play again on the 24th in Japan
  • nakamuramartin
    Kubo scores his first La Liga goal.

• nakamuramartin
    All really crap cards though!
  • hellodee
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    All really crap cards though!

YAMAMURA would be okay. He might be borderline gold.
  • hellodee
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 12
    Japanese and Korean hybrid. Let's try it

Anyone have better hybrid? 4222 is my team for now

Screenshot-20191112-144408.jpg

• Ryno
    David Villa has just announced, as of one minute ago, his retirement from professional football at the end of this season
  • BayernBru
    David Villa has just announced, as of one minute ago, his retirement from professional football at the end of this season

@Ryno what a career he has had. Truly an end of an era.

At least it gives us a nice EOAE card to look forward to. Just noticed he lost his 5* weak foot this year though :disappointed:

I know we had a flashback Iniesta last year, but hopefully we see another one or another type of boosted Iniesta card for that perfect link :love:
  • Ryno

@Ryno what a career he has had. Truly an end of an era.

At least it gives us a nice EOAE card to look forward to. Just noticed he lost his 5* weak foot this year though :disappointed:

I know we had a flashback Iniesta last year, but hopefully we see another one or another type of boosted Iniesta card for that perfect link :love:

Out of Torres, Villa, and Iniesta, I expected Iniesta to go first, but instead he is going last haha.

Also, it's weird to say I saw Villa and Torres on two different continents and neither were in Europe :lol:

EOAE Villa will go nice in front of Nakata as well :sunglasses:
  • nakamuramartin
    Honda is back. 75 overall and no face.