The J-A-C-K Lounge (J-League, A-League, CSL, K-League)

Comments

• RayS
    26629 posts Player of the Year
    BayernBru wrote: »
    RayS wrote: »
    Ryno wrote: »
    @Ryno well played! Who were your stand out players?

China -

Zhang Linpeng is one of the best center backs I've used this year and was thoroughly impressed with him. Strong and reliable.

Yang Xu (the 65 rated CF) was surprisingly good despite being very clunky on the ball, but had some banging finishes.

Wu Xi (69 rated CM from Jiangsu Suning) was a fantastic midfielder and scored some massively important goals. Loved to get forward and made an impact constantly.

Wu Lei and Elkeson were both solid on the wings, but I felt Elkeson lacked when put at ST in a 433.

Japan -

Osako is consistent, reliable, and a quality poacher. A good target man.

Nakajima was rapid and created good chances, but Minamino was more impactful overall. Although, I don't think Minamino's dribbling lived up to his stats, and I was a little disappointed by that.

Doan was poor as a Right Midfielder :( Ito was MILES more impactful when he got subbed on.

Nagatomo plays just like he does IRL. Bombs forward, gets involved, and has a strong standing tackle.

Gonda played true to his rating. Made some big saves, but also had a mare here and there.

@Ryno nice. How did you find it? Fun? Stressful? Or a mixture of the both?

I really like the look of Nakajima's card. Will give him a shot soon, likely in a Liga NOS based hybrid.

@BayernBru Its so much fun when you win because it feels so rewarding, but I lost so many of my games by jammy last minute winners or because my players couldn't finish, so I knew if I had better players I'd have smashed my opponent. I wouldn't say I was ever stressed, but I definitely got angry and disappointed often. The type of angry where you just throw your hands up and say "what the ****"

@ryno yeah it's a lot easier to laugh the defeats off when you know you've weakened yourself in the aim of just having fun. Game is so much funner when you stop worrying too much about results and you just try and enjoy playing with players that you enjoy in real life regardless of their stats.

What's your plans for this weekend league then?

Have some decent golds and players from rewards this week so made two hybrids with them so will run with them this weekend. Depending on results, I'll throw in the Australian NT now that I have that completed

@Ryno cool, how did you get on this weekend then?

And are we expecting Ito to get an inform this week for his hattrick of assists against Mongolia? Could be a really nice card!

Went 19-11, the saddest record you could get in WL :cry:

There are so many good attackers this week, I highly doubt he gets in

@ryno 19 hurts so much!

Shame Ito didn't make it, but what a week for JACK players! Wook's card looks nice.

And what a week for @RayS with all those JACK informs plus POTM Vela, EOAE Schweinsteiger and IF McKennie. I'm sure the Canada result bought him back down to earth though!

IF Wook in particular has been smashing in headers. (Sorry this isn't a pure CSL team... I sub on attacking fullbacks and a GK with hands at the start).

Screenshot-20191017-080057.png

and of course I had to work all my specials in for MLS/US
    Screenshot-20191016-163030.png

@RayS nice teams. I'm really loving the second one! How you finding Schweinsteiger and McKennie? I'll have der Fußballgott soon. Very pricey but it's an SBC that can't be missed for me. Will probably try McKennie out at some point too.

Shame Vela got the POTM to be honest though, when he's pretty much nailed on for the player of the year award. Was shocked he beat Ibra anyway considering the month Ibra had!

Thanks! Schweiny and McKennie are a really great paring tbh. They both got really great aggression and ball winning ability, so they clean things up nicely. Mckennie's passing is decent, but Schweiny can really hit a ball from deep.

I'm still not convinced EA just got their months confused lol. Vela broke the goal scoring record in October while Ibra outscored Vela by far in Septebmer. I would have preferred a Sept POTM Ibra and then MVP Vela, but maybe now we'll just get a super OP MVP Vela (or maybe no MVP at all lol).
  • BayernBru
    489 posts Sunday League Hero

China -

Zhang Linpeng is one of the best center backs I've used this year and was thoroughly impressed with him. Strong and reliable.

Yang Xu (the 65 rated CF) was surprisingly good despite being very clunky on the ball, but had some banging finishes.

Wu Xi (69 rated CM from Jiangsu Suning) was a fantastic midfielder and scored some massively important goals. Loved to get forward and made an impact constantly.

Wu Lei and Elkeson were both solid on the wings, but I felt Elkeson lacked when put at ST in a 433.

Japan -

Nakajima was rapid and created good chances, but Minamino was more impactful overall. Although, I don't think Minamino's dribbling lived up to his stats, and I was a little disappointed by that.

Doan was poor as a Right Midfielder :( Ito was MILES more impactful when he got subbed on.

Nagatomo plays just like he does IRL. Bombs forward, gets involved, and has a strong standing tackle.

Gonda played true to his rating. Made some big saves, but also had a mare here and there.

I really like the look of Nakajima's card. Will give him a shot soon, likely in a Liga NOS based hybrid.

@BayernBru Its so much fun when you win because it feels so rewarding, but I lost so many of my games by jammy last minute winners or because my players couldn't finish, so I knew if I had better players I'd have smashed my opponent. I wouldn't say I was ever stressed, but I definitely got angry and disappointed often. The type of angry where you just throw your hands up and say "what the ****"

@ryno yeah it's a lot easier to laugh the defeats off when you know you've weakened yourself in the aim of just having fun. Game is so much funner when you stop worrying too much about results and you just try and enjoy playing with players that you enjoy in real life regardless of their stats.

Have some decent golds and players from rewards this week so made two hybrids with them so will run with them this weekend. Depending on results, I'll throw in the Australian NT now that I have that completed

And are we expecting Ito to get an inform this week for his hattrick of assists against Mongolia? Could be a really nice card!

@ryno 19 hurts so much!

Shame Ito didn't make it, but what a week for JACK players! Wook's card looks nice.

And what a week for @RayS with all those JACK informs plus POTM Vela, EOAE Schweinsteiger and IF McKennie. I'm sure the Canada result bought him back down to earth though!

IF Wook in particular has been smashing in headers. (Sorry this isn't a pure CSL team... I sub on attacking fullbacks and a GK with hands at the start).

@RayS nice teams. I'm really loving the second one! How you finding Schweinsteiger and McKennie? I'll have der Fußballgott soon. Very pricey but it's an SBC that can't be missed for me. Will probably try McKennie out at some point too.

Shame Vela got the POTM to be honest though, when he's pretty much nailed on for the player of the year award. Was shocked he beat Ibra anyway considering the month Ibra had!

Thanks! Schweiny and McKennie are a really great paring tbh. They both got really great aggression and ball winning ability, so they clean things up nicely. Mckennie's passing is decent, but Schweiny can really hit a ball from deep.

I'm still not convinced EA just got their months confused lol. Vela broke the goal scoring record in October while Ibra outscored Vela by far in Septebmer. I would have preferred a Sept POTM Ibra and then MVP Vela, but maybe now we'll just get a super OP MVP Vela (or maybe no MVP at all lol).

And your FUT week just keeps getting better and better @RayS with Scream Ibra arriving! You going to pick him up? The price is way above what I can afford at the moment unfortunately.

How is that Vela POTM card anyway? If we do get a Vela MVP, then that is going to have some seriously crazy stats for this stage of the game!

• RayS

China -

Japan -

@ryno 19 hurts so much!

And your FUT week just keeps getting better and better @RayS with Scream Ibra arriving! You going to pick him up? The price is way above what I can afford at the moment unfortunately.

How is that Vela POTM card anyway? If we do get a Vela MVP, then that is going to have some seriously crazy stats for this stage of the game!

Man it's been a good week for MLS. Definitely going to pick it up but just waiting for price to dip a bit.

POTM Vela is interesting. I haven't gotten the best out of him yet. I think he could do better centrally but that's where I play Ibra. That forces him out wide but he just doesn't have the pace to make many good runs in behind. Think I just need to slow it down a bit with him and use his technical ability and that sweet left foot
  • BayernBru

China -

Japan -

@ryno 19 hurts so much!

Man it's been a good week for MLS. Definitely going to pick it up but just waiting for price to dip a bit.

POTM Vela is interesting. I haven't gotten the best out of him yet. I think he could do better centrally but that's where I play Ibra. That forces him out wide but he just doesn't have the pace to make many good runs in behind. Think I just need to slow it down a bit with him and use his technical ability and that sweet left foot

@RayS have you tried an engine chem style on Vela? The boost to the speed and dribbling stats should make him feel a lot quicker.

Let me know how Ibra is once you've given him a try. My longterm aim this year is to have a team with Prime Moments Larsson and the best version of Ibra up top!
  • RayS

China -

Japan -

@ryno 19 hurts so much!

@RayS have you tried an engine chem style on Vela? The boost to the speed and dribbling stats should make him feel a lot quicker.

Let me know how Ibra is once you've given him a try. My longterm aim this year is to have a team with Prime Moments Larsson and the best version of Ibra up top!

I have Hunter on him atm so that's about as fast as he'll get!

I was just thinking a Larsson Ibra combo would be so much fun!
  • BayernBru

China -

Japan -

@ryno 19 hurts so much!

I have Hunter on him atm so that's about as fast as he'll get!

I was just thinking a Larsson Ibra combo would be so much fun!

@RayS consider engine. I find the smaller boost to pace coupled with the boost to agility and balance from engine often makes players feel a lot quicker than just the large boost to pace from hunter.

Yeah I think Ibra and Larsson will compliment each other very well. Can't wait to be rocking them two up front.
  • BayernBru
    Thought there would be some hype for the Scream Hulk SBC in here..?

His card looks insane. Too expensive for me at this stage of the game though, especially as he doesn't fit the direction my team is going in.
  • Ryno
    6326 posts Big Money Move
    Thought there would be some hype for the Scream Hulk SBC in here..?

His card looks insane. Too expensive for me at this stage of the game though, especially as he doesn't fit the direction my team is going in.

Was going to post when I completed him yesterday, but I didn't get around to it. I plan on finishing it tonight
  • Ryno
    PnraJht.png

#HulkGang :sunglasses:
  • BayernBru
    PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?
  • Ryno
    PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

@BayernBru haven't actually gotten around to using him yet :joy:
  • BayernBru
    PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

@ryno thought he'd be tearing it up in weekend league for you by now!
  • Ryno
    PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

Barely started the WL and still need to make a team for him :joy:
  • BayernBru
    PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

Well get off of here and get to it! :lol:
  • Ryno
    PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

The issue is, I REALLY like winning right now, so I'm enjoying using some decent teams for once :lol:
  • 2g for riley mcgree from midfield and what a cracker the second one was. direct corner! hes a gun, first the scorpion that deserved the puskas when salah mythed it and now this. so good
  • Ryno
    Turner12 wrote: »
    2g for riley mcgree from midfield and what a cracker the second one was. direct corner! hes a gun, first the scorpion that deserved the puskas when salah mythed it and now this. so good

Riley McGree is a stud. Love the boy
  • BayernBru
    PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

The issue is, I REALLY like winning right now, so I'm enjoying using some decent teams for once :lol:

@Ryno aha fair enough :lol: surely you can fit Hulk in a decent team though? Should be pretty easy to throw a few decent Brazilians around him and build from there.
  • Ryno
    edited October 27
    PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

@Ryno aha fair enough :lol: surely you can fit Hulk in a decent team though? Should be pretty easy to throw a few decent Brazilians around him and build from there.

Yeah I'm working something out for next week, but I'm currently on 17-4 with some first owner sides, so Hulk will have to wait
  • BayernBru
    I meant to post this last week but forgot. Meshino scored again for Hearts in 1-1 draw against Rangers the weekend before last. Hearts have had a dreadful start to their league campaign, with Meshino being only one of very few positives for their fans this season.

The result helped Celtic regain top spot, so Meshino is definitely in my good books! :smiley:

• Ryno
    PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

Yeah I'm working something out for next week, but I'm currently on 17-4 with some first owner sides, so Hulk will have to wait

Finished on 20-8 again :joy: Guess I'm just a Gold 1 merchant with my non-meta first owner teams
  • RayS
    I meant to post this last week but forgot. Meshino scored again for Hearts in 1-1 draw against Rangers the weekend before last. Hearts have had a dreadful start to their league campaign, with Meshino being only one of very few positives for their fans this season.

The result helped Celtic regain top spot, so Meshino is definitely in my good books! :smiley:

Keep it up Meshino!
  • BayernBru
    PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

Finished on 20-8 again :joy: Guess I'm just a Gold 1 merchant with my non-meta first owner teams
    PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

Gold 1 is a great result @Ryno especially when you're going down the non-meta first owner route. I've only played 2 weekend leagues this fifa. Finished Gold 2 the first time and stopped at gold 3 with 9 to go this week as I just couldn't motivate myself to go on. Pretty happy with the results both weeks.
  • Ryno
    PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

Gold 1 is a great result @Ryno especially when you're going down the non-meta first owner route. I've only played 2 weekend leagues this fifa. Finished Gold 2 the first time and stopped at gold 3 with 9 to go this week as I just couldn't motivate myself to go on. Pretty happy with the results both weeks.

I always try and motivate myself to get Elite 3, but the second I hit Gold 2, every team is some sort of meta, drop back, hold the ball team and I just can't muster any sort of good play against that style, so I think Im just going to stop at 20 from now on :lol:

Those are both good results by the way, getting gold is always a solid weekend
  • BayernBru
    PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

PnraJht.png

@Ryno nice, how is he?

I always try and motivate myself to get Elite 3, but the second I hit Gold 2, every team is some sort of meta, drop back, hold the ball team and I just can't muster any sort of good play against that style, so I think Im just going to stop at 20 from now on :lol:

Those are both good results by the way, getting gold is always a solid weekend

@Ryno I've never hit elite but managed to become a regular Gold 1 player on Fifa 19 after starting that year out as a Gold 3 player. I think I'll manage to get back to that level soon.

I'm just enjoying playing with and trying out different fun squads and players, while I find my feet with the game, so I'm happy enough with where I'm at for now. The long term aim for me is to finally break the elite barrier though.
  • Ryno
    Another CSL League SBC, another year where I didn't finish my collection before it came out :(
  • Tesco
    6560 posts Big Money Move
    Another CSL League SBC, another year where I didn't finish my collection before it came out :(

Another year where they don't pick a Chinese player :|
  • Ryno
    Tesco wrote: »

Another year where they don't pick a Chinese player :|

These picks are better than last years, but yeah, a Chinese player would have been amazing. Elkeson would have been an easy pick.
  • BayernBru

Both cards look brilliant. Didn't realise Jonathan is 4*5* with H/L workrates! Makes me wish I did the Scream Hulk SBC now!

Really chuffed this has been released as means we should see other leagues outside of the "Top 5." Got a little worried after they started off with Bundesliga.
  • Ryno

Both cards look brilliant. Didn't realise Jonathan is 4*5* with H/L workrates! Makes me wish I did the Scream Hulk SBC now!

Really chuffed this has been released as means we should see other leagues outside of the "Top 5." Got a little worried after they started off with Bundesliga.

We were always going to see it, was just a matter of when