The J-A-C-K Lounge (J-League, A-League, CSL, K-League)

Comments

• RayS
    25542 posts Player of the Year
    pace of the CBs might kill this... but thinking this could be a halfway decent Japanese hybrid

https://www.futhead.com/20/squads/8041/
  • Ryno
    6142 posts Big Money Move
    Your JACK FIFA 20 Best Card Stat Players:

Pace -

e63c447741470fd6a5261aa28a2c6fcd.png

Shooting -

8dc57970da2615488d083893cab11aa6.png

Passing -

7dab88c69676a980206836b985fd730d.png

Dribbling -

7dab88c69676a980206836b985fd730d.png6e1113482f92706e5a46302d04a313b1.png

Defending -

223914f90becbab767e0af6e8632ae4b.png

Physical -

28cd9365343707f4d5be3e5c12507142.png
  • BayernBru
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    RayS wrote: »
    BayernBru wrote: »
    @Ryno Nice work with them squads!

Japan looks very useable as a starter team, for the first couple of weeks anyway.

Think we'll wee Shoji in a few Ligue 1 teams early on. Looks a very well rounded card.

@RayS I see from your thread, you managed to get IF Nagato. How's the team playing?

You should have a look at building a similar team for your FIfa 20 starter side. Some nice Japanese and American Bundesliga cards to give a good starting point and links for a team. McKennie's and Adams' cards in particular look nice. Feel McKennie's pace and passing stats are a bit harsh though and would have been better if he was given high defensive workrates, while Adams' card looks great if you ignore the shooting stats! Great to see them both get their much deserved gold cards.

Haven't had a chance to play Nagato yet, but the team was a lot of fun to play with while I had a random Japanese bronze LB as a placeholder so it can only be better lol. I had been comparing Nagatomo's stats to IF Nagato, and liked Nagato's passing stats a bit more. Although Nagatomo's 5* WF is a really nice bonus. Not many fullbacks with 5* WF.

Traditionally for FUT, I've rotated between an MLS or MLS hybrid and a Prem team, but yeah, there are some tasty looking American and Japanese cards that I might need to tweak my approach. McKennie definitely deserves higher pace and passing (he absolutely buzzes all over the field at a good rate). Where did you see his work rates posted? I don't see them on FUTwiz. But yeah, he should be H/H imo. And yeah, nice to see both Adams and McKennie with gold cards :)

@RayS yeah that team looks a lot of fun. Can't wait for fifa 20 so I can start building some fun teams for myself.

According to futhead McKennie is M/M and Adams is H/H. Futhead appears to have sorted out workrates, weak foot and skills overnight as they were a mess on there yesterday.

Both look usable for the game early on and look a special card away from being able to use them for quite a while longer.

Ill probably give both a shot as I always have a bundesliga based side.

turns out using this team is some of the best fun I've had all year in FUT :D :D

something special about using players you really feel a personal connection too

@RayS 100% agree with you about using players you have a connection with.

Saw your full MLS team over in the American thread. Looks a very fun team too. Nice that MLS fans got to end the year with a full special squad that can be used on full chem thanks to those last 2 informs! Would love to get the chance to do that with the Scottish Premiership (minus Rangers) one day. Seems unlikely though.

Thanks! It is a fun one too. I always find 3atb fun with the width that it provides. It's nice too when you have a big lad like Zlatan to cross the ball into. I make sure to pick up every SBC/weekly obj MLS player every year.

Was thinkin Forrest might get himself a TOTS or TOTS Moments card this year! That's too bad. Did you do the SBC players for the Scottish Premiership? That Tierney looked pretty useful.

@RayS I can never get on with 3atb unfortunately. Always get destroyed when I give it a go. Feel so open at the back. Will play around with it and other formations at the start of fifa 20 but will no doubt end up back at my usual 4411.

Ibra (both the flashback and the TOTS) has been incredible for me. Using him has definitely been one of the highlights of fifa 19.

Yeah Forrest should have got a TOTS card. Absolute disgrace that Celtic got no TOTS cards considering the season we had.

Would rather not talk about Tierney. Still a bit raw after him leaving us ahaha! Great card though.

And nah I didn't do Boyata, don't think many Celtic fans would of. Long story short, we rejected a bid for him so he faked an injury and wouldn't play in a crucial champions league qualifier which we went on to lose.

We had a couple of other special cards over the year. Weah being one of them. I take it you picked him up? Was a fun card.

• RayS

Japan looks very useable as a starter team, for the first couple of weeks anyway.

Think we'll wee Shoji in a few Ligue 1 teams early on. Looks a very well rounded card.

@RayS I see from your thread, you managed to get IF Nagato. How's the team playing?

You should have a look at building a similar team for your FIfa 20 starter side. Some nice Japanese and American Bundesliga cards to give a good starting point and links for a team. McKennie's and Adams' cards in particular look nice. Feel McKennie's pace and passing stats are a bit harsh though and would have been better if he was given high defensive workrates, while Adams' card looks great if you ignore the shooting stats! Great to see them both get their much deserved gold cards.

Haven't had a chance to play Nagato yet, but the team was a lot of fun to play with while I had a random Japanese bronze LB as a placeholder so it can only be better lol. I had been comparing Nagatomo's stats to IF Nagato, and liked Nagato's passing stats a bit more. Although Nagatomo's 5* WF is a really nice bonus. Not many fullbacks with 5* WF.

Traditionally for FUT, I've rotated between an MLS or MLS hybrid and a Prem team, but yeah, there are some tasty looking American and Japanese cards that I might need to tweak my approach. McKennie definitely deserves higher pace and passing (he absolutely buzzes all over the field at a good rate). Where did you see his work rates posted? I don't see them on FUTwiz. But yeah, he should be H/H imo. And yeah, nice to see both Adams and McKennie with gold cards :)

@RayS yeah that team looks a lot of fun. Can't wait for fifa 20 so I can start building some fun teams for myself.

According to futhead McKennie is M/M and Adams is H/H. Futhead appears to have sorted out workrates, weak foot and skills overnight as they were a mess on there yesterday.

Both look usable for the game early on and look a special card away from being able to use them for quite a while longer.

turns out using this team is some of the best fun I've had all year in FUT :D :D

Saw your full MLS team over in the American thread. Looks a very fun team too. Nice that MLS fans got to end the year with a full special squad that can be used on full chem thanks to those last 2 informs! Would love to get the chance to do that with the Scottish Premiership (minus Rangers) one day. Seems unlikely though.

Thanks! It is a fun one too. I always find 3atb fun with the width that it provides. It's nice too when you have a big lad like Zlatan to cross the ball into. I make sure to pick up every SBC/weekly obj MLS player every year.

Was thinkin Forrest might get himself a TOTS or TOTS Moments card this year! That's too bad. Did you do the SBC players for the Scottish Premiership? That Tierney looked pretty useful.

@RayS I can never get on with 3atb unfortunately. Always get destroyed when I give it a go. Feel so open at the back. Will play around with it and other formations at the start of fifa 20 but will no doubt end up back at my usual 4411.

Ibra (both the flashback and the TOTS) has been incredible for me. Using him has definitely been one of the highlights of fifa 19.

Yeah Forrest should have got a TOTS card. Absolute disgrace that Celtic got no TOTS cards considering the season we had.

Would rather not talk about Tierney. Still a bit raw after him leaving us ahaha! Great card though.

And nah I didn't do Boyata, don't think many Celtic fans would of. Long story short, we rejected a bid for him so he faked an injury and wouldn't play in a crucial champions league qualifier which we went on to lose.

We had a couple of other special cards over the year. Weah being one of them. I take it you picked him up? Was a fun card.

Oh I don't dare take this team online haha. It's just for fun in single player seasons.

Heck yes. FB/TOTS Ibra was the best card of the whole game for me. So many fun moments.

Yeah really strange one with no Celtic cards anywhere in TOTS.

Legaue SBC shoulda been Weah and Forrest :)

Yep, had to get Weah. Fun and surprisingly good card.
  • nakamuramartin
    301 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've spent some time with the demo and it's nicely done I feel. Pace isn't overdone and it feels actually challenging to play. I like it.
  • BayernBru

Oh I don't dare take this team online haha. It's just for fun in single player seasons.

Heck yes. FB/TOTS Ibra was the best card of the whole game for me. So many fun moments.

Yeah really strange one with no Celtic cards anywhere in TOTS.

Legaue SBC shoulda been Weah and Forrest :)

Yep, had to get Weah. Fun and surprisingly good card.

@RayS there's fun in single player seasons!? I don't believe you! :lol:

Personally can't stand the offline modes, they just feel so repetitive and tedious. Completely avoid them unless they must be done for an objective. Each to their own though.

Yeah the Ibra cards have been a lot of fun. Such a unique player.

Weah's got so much potential. Will be keeping an eye on him this year at Lille, hopefully he hits the ground running once he comes back from his injury.
  • Ryno
    I've spent some time with the demo and it's nicely done I feel. Pace isn't overdone and it feels actually challenging to play. I like it.

It feels like a minor improvement over 19 which is exactly how it should be. However, don't get your hopes up just yet. Ultimate Team still will be wildly different
  • nakamuramartin
    Ryno wrote: »

It feels like a minor improvement over 19 which is exactly how it should be. However, don't get your hopes up just yet. Ultimate Team still will be wildly different

As always, that is the concern. Will be ok until the 90 plus endless drops around TOTY time. And Scream, and whatever other crap they come up with.
  • Ryno
    Not my best work, but a Japanese - POTM Pukki NLW hybrid

4a69b48edee443e7d1ce71fc1eff8214.jpg
  • RayS

Oh wow, I like that a lot. I might just steal it when the game kicks off...
  • BayernBru

Very nice. Have spent more time today than I'd like to admit thinking of different hybrids incorporating POTM Pukki :lol:

• RayS
    Tsabasa Endoh with another goal for Toronto FC. Always nice to see Japanese rep in MLS. Currently he and a guy from Montreal are the only two Japanese MLS players.
  • BayernBru
    Ryotaro Meshino got his first goal for Hearts at the weekend in a 3-2 loss against Motherwell. Very well taken goal after some nice footwork from Meshino.

Only came on as a sub in the 56th minute, but was involved in the other goal too with his shot being saved and then turned in by Ikpeazu.

He looks a really talented player and one that's going to be very entertaining to watch.

Highlights of the game are below:

• RayS
    Ryotaro Meshino got his first goal for Hearts at the weekend in a 3-2 loss against Motherwell. Very well taken goal after some nice footwork from Meshino.

Only came on as a sub in the 56th minute, but was involved in the other goal too with his shot being saved and then turned in by Ikpeazu.

He looks a really talented player and one that's going to be very entertaining to watch.

Very nice goal! Didn't realize Hearts had a Japanese player
  • nakamuramartin
    Nakajima looked shaken after the Porto manager showed excellent man management skills on front of camera as he had a huge go at him.
    A concern for his career tbh. He made a bad move to Qatar and Porto could be just as poor.
  • BayernBru

@RayS yeah he's there on loan from Man City. They picked him up from Gamba Osaka in the Summer.

Was watching St. Pauli v Hamburg last night. Ryo Miyaichi was playing. He played pretty well but such a shame how his career has been hampered so badly from being loaned out all over the place when he was younger and thanks to all the injuries.

• RayS

@RayS yeah he's there on loan from Man City. They picked him up from Gamba Osaka in the Summer.

Was watching St. Pauli v Hamburg last night. Ryo Miyaichi was playing. He played pretty well but such a shame how his career has been hampered so badly from being loaned out all over the place when he was younger and thanks to all the injuries.

Every time a Japanese player makes it to the Prem I get super hyped and excited. It never really had worked out tho lol. Not from Inamoto to Miyaichi to Kagawa to Okazaki (although it pretty neat Okazaki was part of Leicester's league winning team). Maybe one day a player will make it big time!

At least a player like Maya Yoshida has been a constant in the Prem even if not spectacular.
  • BayernBru

Every time a Japanese player makes it to the Prem I get super hyped and excited. It never really had worked out tho lol. Not from Inamoto to Miyaichi to Kagawa to Okazaki (although it pretty neat Okazaki was part of Leicester's league winning team). Maybe one day a player will make it big time!

At least a player like Maya Yoshida has been a constant in the Prem even if not spectacular.

@RayS to be fair I think Okazaki's time in the prem can be classed as a success and he goes down in Leicester's history as a legend.

Just noticed Inamoto is still playing! Crazy!
  • nakamuramartin
    Okazaki was a massive success. Majority of Leicester fans absolutely loved him and could see what a big deal he was. Ultimately, Leicester wouldn't have been Champions without him, his part was absolutely vital in forcing so many errors and tiring defences. Sure, he didn't end up playing a regular strikers role but his role was vital.

Prime Moments Nakata will be happening this year btw.
  • RayS

@RayS to be fair I think Okazaki's time in the prem can be classed as a success and he goes down in Leicester's history as a legend.

Just noticed Inamoto is still playing! Crazy!
    Okazaki was a massive success. Majority of Leicester fans absolutely loved him and could see what a big deal he was. Ultimately, Leicester wouldn't have been Champions without him, his part was absolutely vital in forcing so many errors and tiring defences. Sure, he didn't end up playing a regular strikers role but his role was vital.

Okazaki's bicycle kick goal vs Newcastle still gives me goosebumps.

WHAT???? PIM Nakata?? ?where how what?!
  • RayS
    A lovely flick from Nakata. I just did a right stick flick but I've never seen a player take it so cleanly and close to their body

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-7.gif
  • RayS
    Daichi Kamada with a UEL start for Frankfurt (along with Hasebe of course)
  • BayernBru

@nakamuramartin yeah Okazaki was a very important part of that title winning side and his role was key to how the team played. I see he managed to get a move to Huesca after the Malaga situation. Seems strange that both Kagawa and him have ended up in the Spanish second divison... I wonder why? Meaning no disrespect to the Spanish second divison, both of them could still do a job for a team in one of the top divisions and would probably earn more elsewhere too.
  • BayernBru
    edited September 20
    A lovely flick from Nakata. I just did a right stick flick but I've never seen a player take it so cleanly and close to their body

@RayS very nice! You must be pretty hyped for Prime Moments Nakata now?

Brilliant that all the icons are getting moments cards this year. It's a disaster the way icons are being released and handled in general though.
  • RayS

Brilliant that all the icons are getting moments cards this year. It's a disaster the way icons are being released and handled in general though.

PIM Nakata is my main icon goal now!! But ya kinda stinks we gotta wait till Feb lol
  • Ryno

Its all part of EAs design to keep players addicted and interested. It's admittedly insanely genius
  • nakamuramartin
    edited September 20
    I've not pre-ordered it. I'm not feeling it. The tackling is bad. Not that I don't like less assistance, but the system just isn't good enough to support a more manual system. Currently you have to hold to increase tackle strength which causes so many tackle delays.
  • RayS
    Btw for anyone staying behind on FIFA 19 and wanting some Japanese cards, I got the following cards I'd be more than happy to hand over for as little as possible:
    -Prime Nakata
    -IF Nakajima
    -IF Nagato
    -IF Osako
    -MOTM Miyoshi
    -IF Yamaguchi
  • Low Ki
    11784 posts Has That Special Something
    Is one of you on the Australian servers playing with a bronze/silver J-League squad? If you are, you're a damn good player.
  • DistinctDwayne
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Btw for anyone staying behind on FIFA 19 and wanting some Japanese cards, I got the following cards I'd be more than happy to hand over for as little as possible:
    -Prime Nakata
    -IF Nakajima
    -IF Nagato
    -IF Osako
    -MOTM Miyoshi
    -IF Yamaguchi

If Nakajima. What a card. Praying for one this year, he'd be even better the way this plays.