The J-A-C-K Lounge (J-League, A-League, CSL, K-League)

Comments

• RayS
    25330 posts Player of the Year
    Thanks @Ryno for all your awesome work updating the FUT 20 squads!

Japan got some pretty tasty upgrades across the board (well besides Kagawa falling off a cliff lol) Nakajima from a 77 to a 79! Nagatomo, Minamino, Ito, and Shoji golds!! Hasebe 77 to 80 (very well deserved after his season with Frankfurt.)
  • Ryno
    6086 posts Big Money Move
    Legend XIs

Japan -

51435074c081c2078c4b9db0109b024e.jpg

Australia -

2339a14374d99b3c02878d597a2ff566.png

China -

9614f10971261de7ac79035df3f41162.jpg
  • RayS
    I like that you include the version of the Icon most closely corresponding to when he actually played there :)
  • Ryno
    RayS wrote: »
    I like that you include the version of the Icon most closely corresponding to when he actually played there :)

Keen eye there @RayS mate :wink:
  • nakamuramartin
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ok so my thoughts on the J players.

Hasebe I expect to be around 81-82 given his vast impact on the team, but at least he is 80 although that's taken 18 months too long.

Sakai should also be 80ish and no upgrade after a great season is a shame.

Kagawa and Inui expected downgrades and Nakajima, who I do feel should be above 79, did leave and go to a poor league so 79 isn't that surprising. .

Most others are good. Shibasaki is arguably lucky to keep his rating but I also feel he's better than that but probably only for Japan lately.

Tomiyasu should be gold. Doan I'm surprised isn't a touch more but again not miles off.

I'm not hugely dissatisfied and more pleasantly surprised. Although no Nakata on FUTHEAD yet...
  • Ryno
    Ok so my thoughts on the J players.

Hasebe I expect to be around 81-82 given his vast impact on the team, but at least he is 80 although that's taken 18 months too long.

Sakai should also be 80ish and no upgrade after a great season is a shame.

Kagawa and Inui expected downgrades and Nakajima, who I do feel should be above 79, did leave and go to a poor league so 79 isn't that surprising. .

Most others are good. Shibasaki is arguably lucky to keep his rating but I also feel he's better than that but probably only for Japan lately.

Tomiyasu should be gold. Doan I'm surprised isn't a touch more but again not miles off.

I'm not hugely dissatisfied and more pleasantly surprised. Although no Nakata on FUTHEAD yet...

He is on Futwiz, but no in game stats if that's what you are waiting on
  • RayS
    edited September 10
    also, Japan with a 2-0 win over Myanmar for their World Cup qualifying opener. Nakajima with a FIFA-esq cut inside and finess shot to the corner.
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20006 posts Club Captain
    Did you guys know Al Ain is in the game?
  • Ryno
    Did you guys know Al Ain is in the game?

Yeah it went super under the radar, but I read about it 2 or 3 weeks ago
  • BayernBru
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think Kamada misses out because the front four are pretty much set for Japan, Osako, Nakajima, Doan and Minamino.

For those interested, I have followed Japan for 19 years and Kashima Reysol since 2001. It all happened by accident really.

But I remembered my early years of supporting Japan and watching them grow into a respected football nation. Here are my tweets. If you follow me, let me know.

@nakamuramartin sorry I don't have a twitter account so can't follow.

What a tournament that was though!

I was just a kid back then and that was the tournament that made me truly fall in love with football!

So many amazing moments and games. Too many to mention them all really but staying on topic of this thread, that South Korea team was incredible. I remember as a kid pretending I was Lee Woon Jae if I was in goals on the playground during that world cup! :lol:

How did you first start following Japan and Kashima Reysol anyway?

• BayernBru
    @Ryno Nice work with them squads!

Japan looks very useable as a starter team, for the first couple of weeks anyway.

Think we'll wee Shoji in a few Ligue 1 teams early on. Looks a very well rounded card.

@RayS I see from your thread, you managed to get IF Nagato. How's the team playing?

You should have a look at building a similar team for your FIfa 20 starter side. Some nice Japanese and American Bundesliga cards to give a good starting point and links for a team. McKennie's and Adams' cards in particular look nice. Feel McKennie's pace and passing stats are a bit harsh though and would have been better if he was given high defensive workrates, while Adams' card looks great if you ignore the shooting stats! Great to see them both get their much deserved gold cards.
  • nakamuramartin
    @BayernBru

Well I was a Manchester United fan until the historic Champions League win in 1999. I collapsed on my 18th birthday in 1999 and didn't recover.Spent a year in and out of hospital and was so ill during that final I just didn't care and never supported them again.

As for Japan, in 2000 when I was back at work, we used to all play Winning Eleven. I was so good that my mates all forced me to use Japan. Saw some good stats so started looking into the players. Watched Nakata, Nakamura and co play and really enjoyed them. They were talented despite the fact football wasn't a huge deal in Japan. I've supported Japan since. I don't even support England anymore, not really.

As for Reysol, I just stumbled across them when looking into the J-League. At the time they had Korean legend who I knew from previous world cups in Hong Myung-bo, Hwang Sun-hong along with some good quality Japanese players. I've visited the ground but sadly could not get tickets but they fans absolutely pack the stadium and the atmosphere seems amazing.
  • RayS
    BayernBru wrote: »

Japan looks very useable as a starter team, for the first couple of weeks anyway.

Think we'll wee Shoji in a few Ligue 1 teams early on. Looks a very well rounded card.

@RayS I see from your thread, you managed to get IF Nagato. How's the team playing?

You should have a look at building a similar team for your FIfa 20 starter side. Some nice Japanese and American Bundesliga cards to give a good starting point and links for a team. McKennie's and Adams' cards in particular look nice. Feel McKennie's pace and passing stats are a bit harsh though and would have been better if he was given high defensive workrates, while Adams' card looks great if you ignore the shooting stats! Great to see them both get their much deserved gold cards.

Haven't had a chance to play Nagato yet, but the team was a lot of fun to play with while I had a random Japanese bronze LB as a placeholder so it can only be better lol. I had been comparing Nagatomo's stats to IF Nagato, and liked Nagato's passing stats a bit more. Although Nagatomo's 5* WF is a really nice bonus. Not many fullbacks with 5* WF.

Traditionally for FUT, I've rotated between an MLS or MLS hybrid and a Prem team, but yeah, there are some tasty looking American and Japanese cards that I might need to tweak my approach. McKennie definitely deserves higher pace and passing (he absolutely buzzes all over the field at a good rate). Where did you see his work rates posted? I don't see them on FUTwiz. But yeah, he should be H/H imo. And yeah, nice to see both Adams and McKennie with gold cards :)
  • BayernBru

Haven't had a chance to play Nagato yet, but the team was a lot of fun to play with while I had a random Japanese bronze LB as a placeholder so it can only be better lol. I had been comparing Nagatomo's stats to IF Nagato, and liked Nagato's passing stats a bit more. Although Nagatomo's 5* WF is a really nice bonus. Not many fullbacks with 5* WF.

Traditionally for FUT, I've rotated between an MLS or MLS hybrid and a Prem team, but yeah, there are some tasty looking American and Japanese cards that I might need to tweak my approach. McKennie definitely deserves higher pace and passing (he absolutely buzzes all over the field at a good rate). Where did you see his work rates posted? I don't see them on FUTwiz. But yeah, he should be H/H imo. And yeah, nice to see both Adams and McKennie with gold cards :)

@RayS yeah that team looks a lot of fun. Can't wait for fifa 20 so I can start building some fun teams for myself.

According to futhead McKennie is M/M and Adams is H/H. Futhead appears to have sorted out workrates, weak foot and skills overnight as they were a mess on there yesterday.

Both look usable for the game early on and look a special card away from being able to use them for quite a while longer.

Ill probably give both a shot as I always have a bundesliga based side.

• BayernBru
    @BayernBru

Well I was a Manchester United fan until the historic Champions League win in 1999. I collapsed on my 18th birthday in 1999 and didn't recover.Spent a year in and out of hospital and was so ill during that final I just didn't care and never supported them again.

As for Japan, in 2000 when I was back at work, we used to all play Winning Eleven. I was so good that my mates all forced me to use Japan. Saw some good stats so started looking into the players. Watched Nakata, Nakamura and co play and really enjoyed them. They were talented despite the fact football wasn't a huge deal in Japan. I've supported Japan since. I don't even support England anymore, not really.

As for Reysol, I just stumbled across them when looking into the J-League. At the time they had Korean legend who I knew from previous world cups in Hong Myung-bo, Hwang Sun-hong along with some good quality Japanese players. I've visited the ground but sadly could not get tickets but they fans absolutely pack the stadium and the atmosphere seems amazing.

@nakamuramartin really interesting that. It's funny how things work out sometimes!

Hope you get to see them live at some point.
  • BayernBru
    Osako a candidate for Bundesliga POTM...

https://bundesligapotm.easports.com/
  • RayS

oh dude, yes please. Would be awesome early content for FUT 20!!
  • BayernBru

oh dude, yes please. Would be awesome early content for FUT 20!!

@RayS yeah it'd be ace. Would be nice and cheap too!

Unlikely with popular cards like Lewa, Werner and Sancho as options though. Fingers crossed the vote for them gets so spread out and diluted, that the Osako vote sneaks in and steals it. Can't see it happening though.
  • nakamuramartin
    Never gonna happen but I voted anyway. These things should be decided by the leagues and not FUT users.
  • BayernBru
    Never gonna happen but I voted anyway. These things should be decided by the leagues and not FUT users.

@nakamuramartin yeah I agree, the vote just ends up being a popularity contest.

Although Kruse did beat Lewa to it last season against all the odds, so don't lose all hope just yet!
  • nakamuramartin
    Btw all, early days I know but where are we thinking for possible J.A.C.K players in league SBCs?

Did the Spanish second division have a league SBC in 19? If so, I feel Kagawa will get in there.
  • BayernBru
    Btw all, early days I know but where are we thinking for possible J.A.C.K players in league SBCs?

Did the Spanish second division have a league SBC in 19? If so, I feel Kagawa will get in there.

@nakamuramartin nah, the English Championship was the only second division to get a league SBC.

Rogic for the Scottish Premiership, Ito for the Belgian League and Nakajima for the Portuguese league are your best chances this year I think.

And of course Son, if EA look to go for higher rated players like they did in Fifa 17 and 18.
  • nakamuramartin
    All good shouts there. Will get buying those card in advance.
  • BayernBru

@nakamuramartin who are you hoping for from the actual J.A.C.K leagues?
  • nakamuramartin

Personally I'd like some native players as they rarely get special cards. But that rarely seems to happen.
  • RayS

@RayS yeah that team looks a lot of fun. Can't wait for fifa 20 so I can start building some fun teams for myself.

According to futhead McKennie is M/M and Adams is H/H. Futhead appears to have sorted out workrates, weak foot and skills overnight as they were a mess on there yesterday.

Both look usable for the game early on and look a special card away from being able to use them for quite a while longer.

turns out using this team is some of the best fun I've had all year in FUT :D :D

something special about using players you really feel a personal connection too
  • BayernBru

turns out using this team is some of the best fun I've had all year in FUT :D :D

@RayS 100% agree with you about using players you have a connection with.

Saw your full MLS team over in the American thread. Looks a very fun team too. Nice that MLS fans got to end the year with a full special squad that can be used on full chem thanks to those last 2 informs! Would love to get the chance to do that with the Scottish Premiership (minus Rangers) one day. Seems unlikely though.

• RayS

@RayS 100% agree with you about using players you have a connection with.

Saw your full MLS team over in the American thread. Looks a very fun team too. Nice that MLS fans got to end the year with a full special squad that can be used on full chem thanks to those last 2 informs! Would love to get the chance to do that with the Scottish Premiership (minus Rangers) one day. Seems unlikely though.

Thanks! It is a fun one too. I always find 3atb fun with the width that it provides. It's nice too when you have a big lad like Zlatan to cross the ball into. I make sure to pick up every SBC/weekly obj MLS player every year.

Was thinkin Forrest might get himself a TOTS or TOTS Moments card this year! That's too bad. Did you do the SBC players for the Scottish Premiership? That Tierney looked pretty useful.
  • BayernBru

Personally I'd like some native players as they rarely get special cards. But that rarely seems to happen.

@nakamuramartin yeah it's a shame. Hopefully they avoid the likes of Villa and Iniesta as they'll get their annual heavily boosted special card at some point anyway. Look forward to them cards, but seems a waste getting them through the league SBC for better versions to come along later.

I would be happy with Vermaelen or Sakai though. Both cards would look great with a decent boost across the board.

A very unlikely one that I'd like to see would be Songkrasin. His silver card looks very interesting and think with a good upgrade he would be a lot of fun.