The J-A-C-K Lounge (J-League, A-League, CSL, K-League)

Comments

• Ryno
    6084 posts Big Money Move
    Such a shame it's at the end of FIFA and not the start of 20! Still, happy he is there.

I don't understand why FIFA comes out in September after the season has been going on for a whole month. I feel like pairing FIFAs release with the season's beginning would be better
  • RayS wrote: »
    Wow on the in depth view of J League football @Ryno

I've recently got back from Japan and managed to see one game while I was there. Kashima Antlers vs Gamba... Was an experience! To say the fans are friendly is an understatement! I was stuck jumping for the whole 90 minutes. Awesome time!

Now I'm back with FIFA, one week left. So I have a decent team, I'm playing 4-4-2. I'm already going to sub on Shoya Nakajima as a striker, but who else should I use as the second striker?

I've thought about Miyoshi, Nakagawa... I don't have SBC Honda as this is my PlayStation account. Any suggestions are welcome from the whole JACK database.

You looking at purely a Japanese option?

MOTM Miyoshi or Nakagawa probably best. Consider IF Kubo too. he's got a nice agility and movement.

IF Suzuki is a nice taller target man option.

Nah, I'll use anybody from the whole JACK playing field. Nakajima I'm sold on, he scored 5 goals in one rivals match.

I'm open to suggestions. I'd bang Roy Krishna upfront, but I don't want two small guys.

u can use taggart now :)))
  • also hello everyone its good to be back as youd probably expect i lost interest completely in fifa and havent touched the game for about 5-6 months lmao but definitely on that fifa 20 hype and always Jack hype. the thought of icon cahill has me well and truly excited
  • Ryno
    Turner12 wrote: »
    also hello everyone its good to be back as youd probably expect i lost interest completely in fifa and havent touched the game for about 5-6 months lmao but definitely on that fifa 20 hype and always Jack hype. the thought of icon cahill has me well and truly excited

Good to have you back. FIFA 19 is dead in nearly all of our hearts, but who can deny the FIFA 20 hype? Looking forward to seeing what the best JACK XI is for each league in the coming days.

Cahill would be perfect because he fits in A-League, MLS, and CSL teams, sadly I don't think he is the last icon that is to be announced soon.
  • BayernBru
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 5
    Ryno wrote: »
    BayernBru wrote: »
    @Ryno @nakamuramartin I read Podolski relinquished the captaincy and posted the following message on twitter a while back "Stop expecting loyalty from people who can't even give you honesty." Guessing things went on behind the scenes?

I watched their game at the weekend. Thought Kobe were the slightly better team on the day but Sapporo did well and made it very difficult for Kobe to play through the middle. Kobe looked like they really could of done with Iniesta. Any idea when he's due back?

Was surprised with Kobe's "plan B" though of just sub on as many attackers as possible and seemingly hope for the best.

That was the second J league game I've watched and I've been shocked with how poor some of the defending has been. Is defending generally of poor quality across the league or is it just a coincidence with the games I've watched?

On a positive note though, the games have been very entertaining and the fans are brilliant!

- Podolski came in as the first major foreign signing and immediately was given the burden of captaincy and leadership. I believe it was high likely a clash of heads occurred. However, an optimistic outside theory of the situation could be that Podolski felt as if he wasn't the leading the team in the right direction as captain, and personally felt he couldn't do the job of captain to the degree that was necessary. We will never know exactly what happened, though Podolski's tendency to have an enlarged ego and be very direct in his displeasure leads me to believe the optimistic theory isn't true.

- I was at the game in Kobe and felt that Kobe were very hard done by the referee in that match, but were definitely missing a strong midfield presence, something that was fully realized by subbing out Sergio Samper, someone you'd believe to be the best of the midfield bunch in Iniesta's absence. Therefore, when your supposed best replacement isn't doing his job, you know something is wrong. If I remember correctly, the injury is apparently a torn hamstring, so my guess is at least another month or two.

- Kobe were piling on the pressure in a 3 at the back system and bypassing the center of midfield in a lot of cases towards the end of the game anyway. They had lots of big men up in attacking positions and plenty of clinical finishers on the field, I think the Plan B made sense given the tide of the game at that point.

- Defending the past two weeks throughout the league has been more shocking than usual, but defensive and goalkeeping errors are very common in Japan. It's as a part of the Japanese game as anything, so its to be expected. Another case of the Japanese having a very good tactical understanding, but struggling to perform such tactics and the necessary technical aspects. This is also pushed further by the league's clubs usually having much stronger attacks than defenses. Only a few teams such as Tokyo and Cerezo Osaka are truly balanced from front to back in terms of ability.

- Glad youre enjoying the league and are able to watch some games. Any standout players on your radar now? Starting to gravitate towards a team as a your favorite?

@Ryno There's a few Kobe player's that have taken my eye. Really enjoy watching their wingbacks. Have seen Sakai play plenty of times before during his time in Germany and looks like he's settling into the team pretty quickly. Is his signing seen as a bit of a coup in Japan, considering he's returned to the J league in his prime years?

On the other side, Nishi is a great player to watch. I'd never heard of him before. Surprised to see he's only played twice for the national team (well according to wikipedia anyway,) as he looks a very talented player especially when attacking.

Have been impressed with the two leading the line as well, Tanaka and Furuhashi. Had never heard of either of them before either. They seem to work very well together. Tanaka took his goals very well at the weekend and the same with Furuhashi the week before. Going by Tanaka's stats, I guess he's not usually known for his goalscoring ability? His link up play looks very good though. Furuhashi looks like a very hardworking player. How come David Villa hasn't been starting? Is it because of how Tanaka and Furuhashi have been playing together or is there more to it?

Outside of Kobe, I was impressed with Suzuki at Sapporo. Was cool to see Boothroyd playing in the J league too- seems he's doing well for himself over there.

In terms of gravitating towards a team, it's still very early days for me and the J league. Only watched 2 games so far and they've both involved Kobe. I've enjoyed watching Kobe and the likes of Iniesta, Villa and Podolski give me a great sense of nostalgia, so I can see me wanting to watch them as much as I can. At the same time though, I'm not a big fan of football clubs throwing big money around to gain success.

If someone put me on the spot and said you have 5 seconds to pick a J-League team, as a Celtic fan I'd go for Yokohama Marinos due to their Nakamura links. In all honesty though I know very little about Marinos. Out of interest, how is Nakamura's move to Yokohama FC seen considering his history with Marinos? Is there even a big rivalry between the two clubs?

I think I'll naturally gravitate towards a team over time, will most likely be based on philosophy of both the footballing and fans side of the club.

Who's your team anyway?

Thanks for all the info by the way and sorry for so many questions. You've been a great help!
  • Ryno
    edited September 5
    @Ryno @nakamuramartin I read Podolski relinquished the captaincy and posted the following message on twitter a while back "Stop expecting loyalty from people who can't even give you honesty." Guessing things went on behind the scenes?

I watched their game at the weekend. Thought Kobe were the slightly better team on the day but Sapporo did well and made it very difficult for Kobe to play through the middle. Kobe looked like they really could of done with Iniesta. Any idea when he's due back?

Was surprised with Kobe's "plan B" though of just sub on as many attackers as possible and seemingly hope for the best.

That was the second J league game I've watched and I've been shocked with how poor some of the defending has been. Is defending generally of poor quality across the league or is it just a coincidence with the games I've watched?

On a positive note though, the games have been very entertaining and the fans are brilliant!

- Podolski came in as the first major foreign signing and immediately was given the burden of captaincy and leadership. I believe it was high likely a clash of heads occurred. However, an optimistic outside theory of the situation could be that Podolski felt as if he wasn't the leading the team in the right direction as captain, and personally felt he couldn't do the job of captain to the degree that was necessary. We will never know exactly what happened, though Podolski's tendency to have an enlarged ego and be very direct in his displeasure leads me to believe the optimistic theory isn't true.

- I was at the game in Kobe and felt that Kobe were very hard done by the referee in that match, but were definitely missing a strong midfield presence, something that was fully realized by subbing out Sergio Samper, someone you'd believe to be the best of the midfield bunch in Iniesta's absence. Therefore, when your supposed best replacement isn't doing his job, you know something is wrong. If I remember correctly, the injury is apparently a torn hamstring, so my guess is at least another month or two.

- Kobe were piling on the pressure in a 3 at the back system and bypassing the center of midfield in a lot of cases towards the end of the game anyway. They had lots of big men up in attacking positions and plenty of clinical finishers on the field, I think the Plan B made sense given the tide of the game at that point.

- Defending the past two weeks throughout the league has been more shocking than usual, but defensive and goalkeeping errors are very common in Japan. It's as a part of the Japanese game as anything, so its to be expected. Another case of the Japanese having a very good tactical understanding, but struggling to perform such tactics and the necessary technical aspects. This is also pushed further by the league's clubs usually having much stronger attacks than defenses. Only a few teams such as Tokyo and Cerezo Osaka are truly balanced from front to back in terms of ability.

- Glad youre enjoying the league and are able to watch some games. Any standout players on your radar now? Starting to gravitate towards a team as a your favorite?

@Ryno There's a few Kobe player's that have taken my eye. Really enjoy watching their wingbacks. Have seen Sakai play plenty of times before during his time in Germany and looks like he's settling into the team pretty quickly. Is his signing seen as a bit of a coup in Japan, considering he's returned to the J league in his prime years?

On the other side, Nishi is a great player to watch. I'd never heard of him before. Surprised to see he's only played twice for the national team (well according to wikipedia anyway,) as he looks a very talented player especially when attacking.

Have been impressed with the two leading the line as well, Tanaka and Furuhashi. Had never heard of either of them before either. They seem to work very well together. Tanaka took his goals very well at the weekend and the same with Furuhashi the week before. Going by Tanaka's stats, I guess he's not usually known for his goalscoring ability? His link up play looks very good though. Furuhashi looks like a very hardworking player. How come David Villa hasn't been starting? Is it because of how Tanaka and Furuhashi have been playing together or is there more to it?

Outside of Kobe, I was impressed with Suzuki at Sapporo. Was cool to see Boothroyd playing in the J league too- seems he's doing well for himself over there.

In terms of gravitating towards a team, it's still very early days for me and the J league. Only watched 2 games so far and they've both involved Kobe. I've enjoyed watching Kobe and the likes of Iniesta, Villa and Podolski give me a great sense of nostalgia, so I can see me wanting to watch them as much as I can. At the same time though, I'm not a big fan of football clubs throwing big money around to gain success.

If someone put me on the spot and said you have 5 seconds to pick a J-League team, as a Celtic fan I'd go for Yokohama Marinos due to their Nakamura links. In all honesty though I know very little about Marinos. Out of interest, how is Nakamura's move to Yokohama FC seen considering his history with Marinos? Is there even a big rivalry between the two clubs?

I think I'll naturally gravitate towards a team over time, will most likely be based on philosophy of both the footballing and fans side of the club.

Who's your team anyway?

Thanks for all the info by the way and sorry for so many questions. You've been a great help!

- Sakai wasn't so much of a coup, but it was just moreso surprising since it came out of nowhere leading up to its announcement. If I remember correctly, his playing time had been dwindling back in Europe and when a large paycheck, guaranteed starting football, and a flight home comes to your doorstep, it's hard to turn down.

- Nishi is someone who fits the level of JLeague play very well, but beyond that he isn't anything to talk about. Just one of those players who does his job and doesn't get a lot of limelight.

- I personally enjoy Tanaka as a hold up striker and really enjoyed watching him at Kashiwa before his move to Sporting CP in 2014, and then again in 2017(?) when he went back there on loan. Back then his goalscoring record was really decent, but since joining Kobe he just hasn't found a good goalscoring form, but hopefully the game against Sapporo was a sign of good things to come for him. As for Furuhashi, I don't know to much about him from his time at Gifu before he joined Kobe last year so I don't have much of an opinion of him.

- Bothroyd is my favorite JLeague striker and he likes my tweets when I tweet at him, so that's always nice.

- Nakamura's transfer to Yokohama FC is not really a big story. However, I am not knowledgeable on the history between the Yokohama clubs, for which there are actually 3. The 3rd is J3 side Yokohama Sports and Culture Club, who are actually the only Yokohama based team I was able to see during my trip. If I were to guess the rivalry can't be THAT big since the clubs are stagnated in each division of Japanese professional soccer.

- My "team" is Gamba Osaka. They had a similar style to my favorite team in my home country (America), which is Sporting KC. They've since changed things up a tad bit in the past 2 years and they are on a run of poor form, but Im hoping that changes soon. I have team in quotes though because I honestly just love the league and am not SUPER passionate about the club, but that was the team I chose in the beginning.
  • RayS
    25318 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 5
    @BayernBru taking a serious interest in Jleague. Nice!

I got some connections irl to Kobe so I call myself a nominal Kobe fan.

Been to Japan a few times but only made one Jleague game about 10 years ago. Was Yokohama vs Kawasaki. Fantastic atmosphere.

Also, regarding Jleague quality, I remember I used to look up goals of the month highlight videos of the league and was super impressed by all the crazy goals scored. Looking back on it though, I think a lot of this was due to shoddy defending and goalkeeping lol

Side bar: Japan beat Paraguay 2-0 with an Osako and Minamo goal.
  • RayS
    edited September 5
    Also debating who should be my early Icon goal for FUT20. May go for Nakata again.

Hope when Nakamura retires he gets an icon card as well :) 99 Free kick accuracy and curve
  • RayS
    trying to build a US/Japan hybrid for fun, but man, I can't get a hold of either Prime Nakata or IF Nakajima! Actually there's only 3 NIF Nakajima on the market since he's been out of packs for a while. Hope to get lucky sometime.
  • BayernBru
    @Ryno thanks again for getting back to me. Love the detail you go into, can feel your passion for the league.

I'm gutted about Nakamura's move to be honest. The year I start watching the J league, he moves to the second division which I don't have access to watch. I've so many good memories of watching him at Celtic, so would have been amazing to see him play again.

How did you first get into watching the J League anyway?

• BayernBru
    RayS wrote: »
    Also debating who should be my early Icon goal for FUT20. May go for Nakata again.

Hope when Nakamura retires he gets an icon card as well :) 99 Free kick accuracy and curve

@RayS I did nakata's SBC this year purely as fodder, but gave him a try anyway. Was pleasently surprised with how well he played and he looked so cool in game!

Nakamura is one of the icons I hope for most in the future. Was hoping he'd get a flashback this year but it wasn’t to be. If he gets an icon, his PIM card needs to be from that free kick against United ;)
  • Ryno
    edited September 6
    @Ryno thanks again for getting back to me. Love the detail you go into, can feel your passion for the league.

I'm gutted about Nakamura's move to be honest. The year I start watching the J league, he moves to the second division which I don't have access to watch. I've so many good memories of watching him at Celtic, so would have been amazing to see him play again.

Well the only potential solace regarding Nakamura is that next season the international broadcasting rights are up for grabs to whoever wants them, so its possible that all 3 Japanese professional leagues become more widely available worldwide, as opposed to being restricted by DAZN Japan and Rakuten Sports.

As for how I feel in love with the league, my best friend is Japanese and three years ago he said we should visit during winter break at Uni. I had the idea of seeing if there were any soccer matches going on during the time we would be there, and that led me down a bit of a rabbit hole of learning about the league.

I remember being at my ex-girlfriend's apartment and staying up after she fell asleep to watch Urawa v Yokohama and watched Rafael Silva score a really nice brace on a crystal clear 360p illegal stream on some shady site. That same year the JLeague was added into FIFA and the rest is history. It also led me to appreciate the rest of Asian soccer and create this lounge.
  • RayS

@RayS I did nakata's SBC this year purely as fodder, but gave him a try anyway. Was pleasently surprised with how well he played and he looked so cool in game!

Nakamura is one of the icons I hope for most in the future. Was hoping he'd get a flashback this year but it wasn’t to be. If he gets an icon, his PIM card needs to be from that free kick against United ;)

@BayernBru haha yeah totally. Either that or that goal against Rangers. Just watched it again and that's gotta be at least 30 yards out!

• BayernBru
    edited September 6

Well the only potential solace regarding Nakamura is that next season the international broadcasting rights are up for grabs to whoever wants them, so its possible that all 3 Japanese professional leagues become more widely available worldwide, as opposed to being restricted by DAZN Japan and Rakuten Sports.

As for how I feel in love with the league, my best friend is Japanese and three years ago he said we should visit during winter break at Uni. I had the idea of seeing if there were any soccer matches going on during the time we would be there, and that led me down a bit of a rabbit hole of learning about the league.

I remember being at my ex-girlfriend's apartment and staying up after she fell asleep to watch Urawa v Yokohama and watched Rafael Silva score a really nice brace on a crystal clear 360p illegal stream on some shady site. That same year the JLeague was added into FIFA and the rest is history. It also led me to appreciate the rest of Asian soccer and create this lounge.

@Ryno I hope Rakuten keep the rights. I'm able to watch J league games for free through their app, so they're getting no complaints from me.

Love your story of how you started watching the J league. Much more interesting than mine of randomly finding an app and thinking 'why not?' :lol:

• BayernBru

@BayernBru haha yeah totally. Either that or that goal against Rangers. Just watched it again and that's gotta be at least 30 yards out!

@RayS love that goal! Not only was the goal itself incredible but the game itself was insane. Was the game that started our comeback in what turned out to be an unforgettable and very emotional season!

Here's another amazing Naka moment...

Damn Ray, you've got me all nostalgic!
  • RayS

@RayS love that goal! Not only was the goal itself incredible but the game itself was insane. Was the game that started our comeback in what turned out to be an unforgettable and very emotional season!

Incredible! What a moment. Is Nakamura considered a Celtic legend? Or just a good player? Somewhere in between?
  • BayernBru

Incredible! What a moment. Is Nakamura considered a Celtic legend? Or just a good player? Somewhere in between?

@RayS yeah he's definitely classed as a legend. He's not in the same category as the likes of Larsson or the Lisbon Lions (the team that won the European Cup) but he's definitely a player that is adored by the support and one that fans will still be talking about many years down the line. He scored so many important and wonderful goals, and played a massive role in a number of memorable seasons for us.
  • Ryno

@RayS yeah he's definitely classed as a legend. He's not in the same category as the likes of Larsson or the Lisbon Lions (the team that won the European Cup) but he's definitely a player that is adored by the support and one that fans will still be talking about many years down the line. He scored so many important and wonderful goals, and played a massive role in a number of memorable seasons for us.

First there was Hidetoshi Nakata, then there was Shunsuke Nakamura, then there was Keisuke Honda, followed shortly by Shinji Kagawa...

Japan is just waiting on that next great attacking player
  • BayernBru
    edited September 7

First there was Hidetoshi Nakata, then there was Shunsuke Nakamura, then there was Keisuke Honda, followed shortly by Shinji Kagawa...

Japan is just waiting on that next great attacking player

@Ryno that reminds me, I've been meaning to ask, how is Daichi Kamada rated in Japan?

I'm a big bundesliga fan so have seen him play a few times now for Eintracht Franfurt this season. Eintracht are rebuilding their front line after losing 3 important players in the transfer window (Jovic, Haller and Rebic,) and it looks like Kamada is going to be a key part of that as the CAM in a 3412 formation. It's hard for me to judge him properly as Eintracht are bedding in a new front line, so you can see the players are still getting used to each other. However Kamada looks like he could be a real talent and looks very technically gifted.

Seems he had a decent spell on loan last year in Belgium and it looks like Eintracht have high hopes for him, but he didn't get a call up for the recent national team squad...
  • RayS
    Just missing IF Nagato at LB to complete my Japanese American hybrid. Was pretty tough picking up some of these guys.

Screenshot-20190908-203211.png
  • nakamuramartin
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think Kamada misses out because the front four are pretty much set for Japan, Osako, Nakajima, Doan and Minamino.

For those interested, I have followed Japan for 19 years and Kashima Reysol since 2001. It all happened by accident really.

But I remembered my early years of supporting Japan and watching them grow into a respected football nation. Here are my tweets. If you follow me, let me know.

• nakamuramartin
    FIFA 20 ratings are up!

https://www.futhead.com/20/nations/japan/

Discuss!
  • nakamuramartin
    14 gold's including all gold defence.
    Couple underrated but nothing disastrous imo.

Kubo 70!
  • Ryno
    edited September 10
    I love this time of year so much. 10 years on from my first FUT title and I get so happy when the ratings come out and I can squad build fresh new squads. Will update OP and everything soon enough and provide thoughts later
  • Ryno
    JLeague FIFA 20 Best XI features only 2 Japanese players, 4 players from Vissel Kobe, and 3 from Nagoya Grampus:

07afa1607de772ef8515703a09058917.jpg
  • Ryno
    A-League FIFA 20 Best XI includes two former Ulsan Hyundai players and includes Alessadnro Diamanti, former FIFA beast himself, who plays for new A-League club Western United FC!

dedcf07c0e5a719daa7bc7be7031bf8b.png
  • Ryno
    edited September 10
    CSL FIFA 20 Best XI is upgraded from last season with the additions of Miranda, Hamsik and Arunatuovic, which greatly make up for the Hulk downgrade. Another year, another lethal starter side courtesy of our Supreme Communist Overlords

fede17ba47d20e7e43b69d76dbb54e69.jpg[img][/img]
  • Ryno
    edited September 10
    K-League FIFA 20 Best XI sees the midfield and defense stay almost identical to last year, and how has the midfield completely owned by Ulsan and an all new attack. Kim Seung Dae has taken over the main striker role at league powerhouse, Jeonbuk, and thus earns his spot at striker for FIFA 20. Cesinha is up for the MVP award this season and deserves his spot in the squad. Hopefully he doesn't leave for Saudi Arabia at season's end as some rumors suggest. And on the right, Ulsan's battle with Jeonbuk at the top of the league this season is represented by Kim In Seong. I believe this is also the first FIFA in a long time where the best XI does not include a Jeonbuk majority.

8c9ca45e049cecdb47e8beaece9aea02.png
    Post edited by Ryno on
  • Ryno
    edited September 10
    National team Best XI:

Japan -

96840cdd90f085102e021e29d4b324c2.jpg

Australia -

187399dd0143997be1804060c06c90b4.png

China (Im hopeful they will change Elkeson's nationality when the full game comes out, but I am not confident in EA) -

c29a19d5433407ddff4b2a751788f393.jpg

Korea -

6fac8b10c8515eb4210f4c914f9d829b.jpg
    Post edited by Ryno on