The J-A-C-K Lounge (J-League, A-League, CSL, K-League)

Comments

• Boothy
    6919 posts Big Money Move
    RayS wrote: »
    Boothy wrote: »
    Anyone know what formation Vissel Kobe tended to play this past season?

I see. I would guess Podolski and Havenaar up top.

Watanabe ahead of both of them.
  • Ryno
    6143 posts Big Money Move
    Boothy wrote: »
    Anyone know what formation Vissel Kobe tended to play this past season?

I see. I would guess Podolski and Havenaar up top.

Havenaar heading to Korea.

Also, Mitch Langerak (Levante Gk) to Nagoya for 1.3m€. Great business
  • RayS
    25555 posts Player of the Year
    Yosuke Ideguchi (Gamba Osaka CDM) to Leeds, to be loaned to Spanish second division
  • RayS
    "Striker Kazuyoshi Miura, who turns 51 next month, has signed a new contract with Japanese second division club Yokohama FC."

dang, I hope I can even play pick-up by the time I'm 51 :D :D
  • Ryno
    Got home from Asia yesterday, got J and K league jerseys from the cities I went too. Ill try and see if I can get a picture of all of them.
  • RayS
    Ryno wrote: »
    Got home from Asia yesterday, got J and K league jerseys from the cities I went too. Ill try and see if I can get a picture of all of them.

Dude awesome! How was the trip??
  • Ryno

It was crazy awesome. Every country I went to got better and better as the trip went on and Japan was the beautiful cherry on top. 100% going back to Korea and Japan
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20010 posts Club Captain
    You got a Seongnam shirt?
  • RayS
    edited January 2018

It was crazy awesome. Every country I went to got better and better as the trip went on and Japan was the beautiful cherry on top. 100% going back to Korea and Japan

Niiice! How’d you like the food? Which J-league shirts you get? You use any of your Japanese?
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20010 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2018
    Still want to get my hands on this :joy:

This is also still one of the best ever shirts (wish I owned as well :( )
    seongnam-fc-2015-arbol-kit-14.jpg
  • Low Ki
    11784 posts Has That Special Something

January 4th Tokyo Dome show is a bucket list item for me. Also need to fall into the tourist trap known as Super Potato :lol:

Any recommendations on must see things?
  • Ryno
    Low Ki wrote: »

January 4th Tokyo Dome show is a bucket list item for me. Also need to fall into the tourist trap known as Super Potato :lol:

I was only there for 5 days in Japan so I just did all the normal touristy ****, nothing everybody else hasnt already said online before.

But Akihabara was the one thing that stood out as something that was WAY crazier than I anticipated. I like anime and stuff, but man I felt a little unsettled there :sweat_smile:

Niiice! How’d you like the food? Which J-league shirts you get? You use any of your Japanese?

Food was amazing. Had Kobe beef; best steak I have ever had; I got the cheapest cut too! Okonomiyaki, sushi, real ramen, taiyaki, takoyaki, shabu shabu, dango, were all amazing to try and will be sorely missed.

Got 4 J-League shirts: FC Tokyo, Gamba Osaka :heart:, Cerezo Osaka and J2 side Tokyo Verdy and a Japan Home WC jersey. My plan is to only buy jerseys from team stores in cities I have visited, that way I have a firm reason to go back sometime :)

And I did actually, picked up some new words, used some phrases confidently and while not being able to speak sentence very well, I got my point across which was the goal!
  • Ryno
    You got a Seongnam shirt?

Didnt find a Seongnam shirt, just got Incheon and Seoul as those were the two cities I was in during my time there. Could've bought a Gyeongnam, Jeonbuk, Pohang and other Hummel made jerseys, but decided against it for the sake of my wallet and to give me a reason to go back, just like Japan
  • RayS
    edited January 2018

I was only there for 5 days in Japan so I just did all the normal touristy ****, nothing everybody else hasnt already said online before.

But Akihabara was the one thing that stood out as something that was WAY crazier than I anticipated. I like anime and stuff, but man I felt a little unsettled there :sweat_smile:

Food was amazing. Had Kobe beef; best steak I have ever had; I got the cheapest cut too! Okonomiyaki, sushi, real ramen, taiyaki, takoyaki, shabu shabu, dango, were all amazing to try and will be sorely missed.

Got 4 J-League shirts: FC Tokyo, Gamba Osaka :heart:, Cerezo Osaka and J2 side Tokyo Verdy and a Japan Home WC jersey. My plan is to only buy jerseys from team stores in cities I have visited, that way I have a firm reason to go back sometime :)

And I did actually, picked up some new words, used some phrases confidently and while not being able to speak sentence very well, I got my point across which was the goal!

Ah awesome man! Wow you dove right into that Japanesw cuisine. No McDonald’s in Japan for you huh?

I’m jealous of your jersey haul too! I just have national team jersey myself and that’s like 8 years old.

Did u practice reading signs and stuff too? That’s always good practice. It’s fun when you spot a kanji that tou you know on a sign.

And now you gotta get over that jet lag haha
  • Ryno

Ah awesome man! Wow you dove right into that Japanesw cuisine. No McDonald’s in Japan for you huh?

I’m jealous of your jersey haul too! I just have national team jersey myself and that’s like 8 years old.

Did u practice reading signs and stuff too? That’s always good practice. It’s fun when you spot a kanji that tou you know on a sign.

Actually I made sure to have a unique item from McDonald's in every country I visited :joy: so i had an ebi burger in Osaka

Yeah I did do that, really helped my basics.

And the jet lag has destroyed me. Woke up at 3 am this morning, fell asleep at 1 pm today and woke up at 8 pm. No idea what to do now :sweat_smile:
  • RayS

Actually I made sure to have a unique item from McDonald's in every country I visited :joy: so i had an ebi burger in Osaka

Yeah I did do that, really helped my basics.

And the jet lag has destroyed me. Woke up at 3 am this morning, fell asleep at 1 pm today and woke up at 8 pm. No idea what to do now :sweat_smile:

Haha well as long as it was an ebi burger!

Lol for some reason the jet lag is always worse for me coming back from Asia. Takes me like a week to get over it... you’ll have fun!
  • CosmicDance
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2018

@Low Ki You went to Wrestle Kingdom 12? Jealous.

At least a NJPW event is taking place in Australia this year.

No Kenny or Naito though :(
  • Ryno
    Manabu Saito to rivals Kawasaki from Yokohama
  • RayS
    Manabu Saito to rivals Kawasaki from Yokohama

One of my fav Japanese LM/LW in game :o
  • CosmicDance
    Yeah, Saito is a boss.

He'd be underused if he was shiny. I don't think anybody touches non-rare silvers, but there's some gems out there.
  • Low Ki

I wish, I meant its on my bucket list of things I need to do. It's on every January 4th at the same place though so it's super easy to plan. I've got tickets to the Melbourne show. Was only an hour late after tickets went on sale but didn't manage to get my ideal section. Also saw Okada live at a sweaty hall in Thornbury at the MCW indy a couple months back. Praying this time they rain Okada Dollars in my section.

@Ryno regardig Akihabara, it's ridiculous that they have warning signs at the train station about stuff like this :lol:
    qK12i2p.jpg

Regarding Saito, looks like Ange is starting a cull. Every time he takes over a team he massively overhauls their roster...did it with the South Melbourne, youth team, Brisbane, Melbourne, the national team. Interested to see who he brings in.
  • CosmicDance

I wish, I meant its on my bucket list of things I need to do. It's on every January 4th at the same place though so it's super easy to plan. I've got tickets to the Melbourne show. Was only an hour late after tickets went on sale but didn't manage to get my ideal section. Also saw Okada live at a sweaty hall in Thornbury at the MCW indy a couple months back. Praying this time they rain Okada Dollars in my section.

@Ryno regardig Akihabara, it's ridiculous that they have warning signs at the train station about stuff like this :lol:
    qK12i2p.jpg

Regarding Saito, looks like Ange is starting a cull. Every time he takes over a team he massively overhauls their roster...did it with the South Melbourne, youth team, Brisbane, Melbourne, the national team. Interested to see who he brings in.

Look out for me at Festival Hall, I'll be the one wearing a Toshiaki Kawada shirt.

Gutted I didn't get to the Thornbury show, I'm only a couple of suburbs down. Tickets were sold out real quick.

By the way, is your team name Bullet Club on FIFA? If so, I've played you before.
  • Low Ki

qK12i2p.jpg

Look out for me at Festival Hall, I'll be the one wearing a Toshiaki Kawada shirt.

Gutted I didn't get to the Thornbury show, I'm only a couple of suburbs down. Tickets were sold out real quick.

By the way, is your team name Bullet Club on FIFA? If so, I've played you before.

Yes. I use 4231.
  • CosmicDance
    Well if your handle starts with Silent, it's definitely you.

Not sure what that result was, but I did send you a message after the game.

If it was you that is.
  • Low Ki
    edited January 2018
    Well if your handle starts with Silent, it's definitely you.

Not sure what that result was, but I did send you a message after the game.

If it was you that is.

Not me then, my PSN id starts with the letter T.
  • Boothy
    6919 posts Big Money Move
    Tiago Alves and Hong Jeong Ho to Jeonbuk
  • RayS
    So was going through creating squads for each J-League team to start collecting all players needed for League SBC, and I have found that two teams are apparently censored words in FUT: “Niigata” and “Hiroshima”

I think i can guess why, but it’s still kinda dumb.
  • Ryno
    So was going through creating squads for each J-League team to start collecting all players needed for League SBC, and I have found that two teams are apparently censored words in FUT: “Niigata” and “Hiroshima”

Let's be real, no one who plays FIFA would use Hiroshima in a normal way
  • RayS

Let's be real, no one who plays FIFA would use Hiroshima in a normal way

Sadly true i think
  • RayS
    Got around it by typing “Heerosheema” lol