Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

The J-A-C-K Lounge (J-League, A-League, CSL, K-League)

Comments

• CosmicDance
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RayS wrote: »
    It's really annoying me not having that PIM Nakata in my squad.

Went 14 wins this weekend league with Kamada at RF and Kubo at ST.

Speaking of the man...

t1EnGrO.png

These are all legitimately all Rivals and WL. He is honestly a monster. Misses some easy chances on the occasion, but I can forgive him.

Kamada was actually decent at RF... 30 games, 14 goals and 15 assists. Got a little less effective when I was against tougher opponents, but I expected that.

Annoying thing for me was I was 11-5 and then lost SEVEN games in a row, then won 3 in a row and I was done at that point.

dang you've racked up the games (and goals!) and Kubo already! You score any free kicks with him yet?

Good job slogging through that losing streak too. I tend to get really frustrated anytime I've lost more than even 3 in a row!

You know why that happened? I used him and Yamaguchi in the icon swap online objectives. I'd sub them both on after kick off and it worked pretty damn well.

That's funny you mention free kicks. I've scored two with Kubo... I've scored 3 all FIFA! There is honestly a difference with the target, but I just suck at free kicks.. I just can't get my head around them.
  • RayS
    29009 posts National Team Captain

Speaking of the man...

t1EnGrO.png

These are all legitimately all Rivals and WL. He is honestly a monster. Misses some easy chances on the occasion, but I can forgive him.

Kamada was actually decent at RF... 30 games, 14 goals and 15 assists. Got a little less effective when I was against tougher opponents, but I expected that.

Annoying thing for me was I was 11-5 and then lost SEVEN games in a row, then won 3 in a row and I was done at that point.

dang you've racked up the games (and goals!) and Kubo already! You score any free kicks with him yet?

Good job slogging through that losing streak too. I tend to get really frustrated anytime I've lost more than even 3 in a row!

You know why that happened? I used him and Yamaguchi in the icon swap online objectives. I'd sub them both on after kick off and it worked pretty damn well.

That's funny you mention free kicks. I've scored two with Kubo... I've scored 3 all FIFA! There is honestly a difference with the target, but I just suck at free kicks.. I just can't get my head around them.

I have my Japanese boys in one team and then rotate with another team, but any time I get a free kick within shooting range with my other team, I immediately sub Kubo on to take the free kick.

That's really great you've scored 2!

This guide might help you understand the free kick controls better. It's pretty simple once you see someone do it a couple times. I only do the curled and power free kicks (I don't even mess with the knuckle ball one). I watched this guide and then practice free kicks in the skills game (shooting -> set pieces -> gold) with Messi (since he has the highest H2H free kick rating and is left footed like Kubo).

• CosmicDance

Speaking of the man...

t1EnGrO.png

I have my Japanese boys in one team and then rotate with another team, but any time I get a free kick within shooting range with my other team, I immediately sub Kubo on to take the free kick.

This guide might help you understand the free kick controls better. It's pretty simple once you see someone do it a couple times. I only do the curled and power free kicks (I don't even mess with the knuckle ball one). I watched this guide and then practice free kicks in the skills game (shooting -> set pieces -> gold) with Messi (since he has the highest H2H free kick rating and is left footed like Kubo).

Thanks man, I appreciate the link and all... I'll give it a watch.

Trying something new for this WL.

d3seE0E.jpg

Not much of an upgrade on the GK! But it will be interesting to see how I go.
  • RayS

Speaking of the man...

t1EnGrO.png

d3seE0E.jpg

Haji Haji up top is great! And ya GK is the main issue when using Tomiyasu and Shoji. I'm actually looking to pick up PIM VDS as a United fan, but other than Icons, not much you can do.
  • Turner12
    810 posts Semi-Pro
    dissapointed there was no fanta Bozanic for his strike in hearts semifinal win over rangers during the week
  • CosmicDance

Speaking of the man...

t1EnGrO.png

d3seE0E.jpg

Haji Haji up top is great! And ya GK is the main issue when using Tomiyasu and Shoji. I'm actually looking to pick up PIM VDS as a United fan, but other than Icons, not much you can do.

Yeah, it was honestly a shocking WL... Everyone of my players were playing in mud the entire time, but I was working two days on the weekend so I had to deal.

Got to 11 and quit out... Gave free wins to everyone.

Fortunately for me during my frustration I opened a 50k pack with coins, which I never do and got Prime Trezeguet, Shapeshifter Alaba, MOTM Zielinski and Pjanic. So that was about 520,000 coins.

Now I have enough for PIM Nakata, but I'm not sure if I should just do what you do and have another squad and alternate between the two. I have a lot of decent untradable cards I could build around.

Sure would have money on squad fitness cards.
  • RayS

Speaking of the man...

t1EnGrO.png

d3seE0E.jpg

Yeah, it was honestly a shocking WL... Everyone of my players were playing in mud the entire time, but I was working two days on the weekend so I had to deal.

Fortunately for me during my frustration I opened a 50k pack with coins, which I never do and got Prime Trezeguet, Shapeshifter Alaba, MOTM Zielinski and Pjanic. So that was about 520,000 coins.

Now I have enough for PIM Nakata, but I'm not sure if I should just do what you do and have another squad and alternate between the two. I have a lot of decent untradable cards I could build around.

I'm a big fan of rotating squads because it gets you a lot more players you can enjoy. Only down side is that you can't really build one "super" team if that's what you're going for
  • RayS
    Moments Jo looks pretty nuts
  • Tesco
    6770 posts Big Money Move
    Shame EA didn't choose to do the AFC Champions League instead of Copa Libertadores

Nice though that they are thinking a bit more outside of the main leagues
  • Ryno
    6532 posts Big Money Move
    Tesco wrote: »
    Shame EA didn't choose to do the AFC Champions League instead of Copa Libertadores

I think AFC is owned by PES
  • Tesco
    6770 posts Big Money Move
    Ryno wrote: »
    Tesco wrote: »

I think AFC is owned by PES

Super RIP
  • CosmicDance

Speaking of the man...

t1EnGrO.png

d3seE0E.jpg

I'm a big fan of rotating squads because it gets you a lot more players you can enjoy. Only down side is that you can't really build one "super" team if that's what you're going for

I decided against it, I'll pick up PIM Nakata when I'm ready to.

Instead, like an idiot I've gone on my other account and started playing with this team for WL.

aoqNi7o.jpg

Pretty good start, 3 wins, 1 loss. However, once the new promo came out o changed to this..

tDoO8YB.jpg

Having a 35 year old and a 40 year old upfront is challenging, but hell they're doing a great job. Barcos and Moscardelli I loved from earlier... Much earlier FIFA's, so it's been interesting so far.

Barcos having the 5 star weak foot is so helpful and Moscardelli powers them in from range on a consistent basis.
  • RayS
    What a way to introduce yourself to MLS. What a hit son. Guzan stranded.

• howedan
    443 posts Sunday League Hero
    All of a sudden we have a decent Aussie side with these informs (and Aussie born Vieri)

ublDb2k.jpg
  • BayernBru
    898 posts Semi-Pro
    howedan wrote: »
    All of a sudden we have a decent Aussie side with these informs (and Aussie born Vieri)

ublDb2k.jpg

An Australian team without Rogic is like going to McDonald's and ordering a salad! What's the point!? :lol:
  • howedan
    BayernBru wrote: »

ublDb2k.jpg

An Australian team without Rogic is like going to McDonald's and ordering a salad! What's the point!? :lol:

Haha fair point. Might try Dimi out wide left with that 90 Pace and add Rogic back in
  • RayS
    Storyline Maeda from Liga NOS :o that pace.

Unfortunately for me I have to choose between my Japanese and American roots with Josh Sargent also in the mid Storyline pick :D
  • CosmicDance

Unfortunately for me I have to choose between my Japanese and American roots with Josh Sargent also in the mid Storyline pick :D

I'm honestly starting to believe there's an employee at EA that reads this thread.

Well, if anything it's inspired me to go back to my Japanese team for this WL and try and get as much XP as possible.

Hey, if you're listening, give us a goalkeeper next! 😉
  • RayS

I'm honestly starting to believe there's an employee at EA that reads this thread.

Well, if anything it's inspired me to go back to my Japanese team for this WL and try and get as much XP as possible.

Hey, if you're listening, give us a goalkeeper next! 😉

LOL for real though.

That's a pretty neat Japanese striker to have. A front four of Storyline Maeda, League SBC Nakajima, PIM Nakata, and FFS Kubo is super solid.

Maeda with Deade eye looks DEADly
  • BayernBru
    898 posts Semi-Pro
    BayernBru wrote: »

ublDb2k.jpg

Haha fair point. Might try Dimi out wide left with that 90 Pace and add Rogic back in

Sounds good. You get marked up from me for having an ex-celtic player in there anyway, Jackson Irvine. :lol:

Fingers crossed for you that they choose him as the third pick for the championship league SBC if they ever get round to adding to the rest of the leagues!

He looked a real talent coming through at Celtic, completely bossed Gerrard in a preseason friendly a good few years back, but never got a real chance due to having so many players ahead of him in the pecking order. Good to see he's gone on to have a decent career though and become a regular international.

• NornIron
    12816 posts Has That Special Something
    Any Aussies how's Bobby Burns getting on?
  • RayS
    PIM Nakata 🔥🔥

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-1.gif
  • RayS
    Just got Storyline Maeda. 5 goals and 2 assists in game one. In Squad Battles, but still, on Legendary.
  • howedan
    With the A-League still going on ... Maclaren just bagged a hatrick. How I’d want that TOTW card. Be a cracking gold striker