The J-A-C-K Lounge 18/19 (J-League, A-League, CSL, K-League)

Comments

• Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Played this squad earlier today:

fHtOZrZ.jpg

Guy wasn't terrible but I was coasting to an easy 3-0 win (with my much better team), so he puts on his mic and starts raging at me for using high rated players.
  • RayS
    23616 posts Player of the Year

fHtOZrZ.jpg

Guy wasn't terrible but I was coasting to an easy 3-0 win (with my much better team), so he puts on his mic and starts raging at me for using high rated players.

Love the team. But yeah, can’t expect to win at high levels with that unless you’re just lights out amazing.

WL?
  • Ryno
    6026 posts Big Money Move
    RayS wrote: »

fHtOZrZ.jpg

Love the team. But yeah, can’t expect to win at high levels with that unless you’re just lights out amazing.

WL?

WL would have the opponents username where it says "Upcoming Opponent", probably in seasons.

Shame the player turned out to be a ****
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something

fHtOZrZ.jpg

WL?

Online single match. And yeah, it was strange to see someone using a unique, low-rated team, and then complaining about using a worse team.
  • RayS
    Japan U17s vs England at half now 0-0. Let's see if Nakamura or Japanese Messi can carry Japan through!
  • RayS
    dang, U17s out on PKs... I thought England were supposed to be bad at these!
  • Ryno
    Dang that's disappointing. Still good that they made it to where they did. A lot of bright spots
  • Ryno
    1 more minute plus extra time until Urawa is through to the AFC Champions League final!!'
  • Ryno
    Yes lads! Well done! Urawa hold off Chinese giants Shanghai and get a 1-0 victory thanks to a great header by Rafael Silva in the 11th minute from a corner, which you can watch here:

They take on Saudi powerhouse Al-Hilal in a two leg series next month.
  • RayS
    Yeah! J-league rep! Have J-league won AFC Champions League before?
  • Ryno
    Yeah! J-league rep! Have J-league won AFC Champions League before?

Yes, since the competition changed to the AFC Champions League in 2002, Japanese teams have won the competition 2 times. Urawa and then Gamba back to back in 2007 and 2008 respectively.

Urawa winning it again 10 years after they did last would be pretty special
  • CosmicDance
    556 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I wish Kazu Miura was in the game, be interesting to see what kind of stats he would get.

Dude is my idol, goes off to Brazil in his teenage years on his own to get experience and is still playing at 50 years old.

In fact, I played Championship Manager 97/98 the other day and signed the guy... The fact that he's still playing is mind blowing.
  • Ryno

Jay Bothroyd in the TOTW boys! Fourth ever player to get a J-League gold IF, excited for more to come :)
  • Ryno
    Also noticed they totally forgot Wanderson. Smh.

I guess one of his goals was a penalty though, but still...come on EA
  • RayS
    Ryno wrote: »

Jay Bothroyd in the TOTW boys! Fourth ever player to get a J-League gold IF, excited for more to come :)

Looks like i might have to start my J-league side earlier this year
  • RayS
    Lookin to start my Japan National team with some extra coins I have. Any must-haves this year from J or K league? (actually are there many Japanese in the K-league?)
  • Ryno
    Lookin to start my Japan National team with some extra coins I have. Any must-haves this year from J or K league? (actually are there many Japanese in the K-league?)

I think there are only one or two Japanese players in Korea

Shoji and Kobayashi are must haves
  • RayS

That is interesting. I think there's a good number of Koreans in the J-league right? Is that because the J-league is considered the "better" league? Or maybe Japanese players tend to want to stay in their home country more? (Altho there's a large number in Europe and especially Germany)

Cool! I will definitely look them up. I just really want to play with Kagawa again, so will be nice to build a team around him.
  • Ryno

That is interesting. I think there's a good number of Koreans in the J-league right? Is that because the J-league is considered the "better" league? Or maybe Japanese players tend to want to stay in their home country more? (Altho there's a large number in Europe and especially Germany)

Cool! I will definitely look them up. I just really want to play with Kagawa again, so will be nice to build a team around him.

There are a decent number of Koreans in Japan, as well as China. I think the main reason there aren't a lot of Japanese, or even other Asian nationalities, is because I think their are rules about how many foreign players can play in the league (either 3 or 4 non-Koreans)
  • RayS

There are a decent number of Koreans in Japan, as well as China. I think the main reason there aren't a lot of Japanese, or even other Asian nationalities, is because I think their are rules about how many foreign players can play in the league (either 3 or 4 non-Koreans)

right; that'd make sense then.

did you mean Yu Kobayashi the silver striker?
  • Ryno

Yes, sorry. Forgot there are a couple of players named Kobayashi :lol:
  • RayS

Yes, sorry. Forgot there are a couple of players named Kobayashi :lol:

a fairly common Japanese name :)
  • Ryno
    Hey @Boothy, when the K-League splits into the Championship and Relegation matchups, is there a new table between the top half and the bottom half? Or do they use the same table but the teams in the top half are just playing each other and the same for the bottom?
  • Boothy
    6919 posts Big Money Move
    Different tables but keep same points as before iirc. For example Pohang can't finish any higher than 7th even if they have end up with more points than Gangwon.
  • Ryno
    Boothy wrote: »
    Different tables but keep same points as before iirc. For example Pohang can't finish any higher than 7th even if they have end up with more points than Gangwon.

Thanks for clarifying
  • Ryno
    I have been really busy these past few weekends, so I haven't been able to watch any games since I have had to have a normal sleep schedule, but Im going to go back through and update the tables and stuff now.

Also, yesterday I won the DKT with my K-League squad (quite easily too).

Damjanovic is an excellent finisher and target man. Scored a couple of good headers and took his 1 on 1 chances well. 9/10 for value, 6.5/10 compared to all other strikers.

He even put 5 away in a 7-2 win against an opponent I was tied 2-2 with at half-time:

12f32abf8b72d9cb8421f4378988af5c.jpg

The team played really well using that formation, which is one of the best formations in the game this year, so it definitely helps. The main problem with low rated players thie year is their ball control. Running with the ball at speed and first touches can be a big let down. I found that playing slow and letting the off the ball movement do all the hard work was the best course of action.

I don't think there was a single weak link in the team either. Each player was good at something at the very least, and no player really got caught out a lot or was useless.

The top players were easily Damjanovic, McGinn, and Hong Chul. Damjanovic I mentioned earlier, McGinn is very good on the ball and was pretty clinical, even on his weak foot, and Hong Chul is insanely rapid; probably why he is one of the best silver LB in the game.
  • RayS
    no Japanese IFs yet, rite?
  • Ryno
    no Japanese IFs yet, rite?

Correct
  • RayS
    I have heard of and seen Damjanovic before but didn’t know he was that good
  • CosmicDance
    556 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So I thought I'd try something different for this weekend league. Currently 4-1 with this team.

K3xMlZd.jpg

Best player is easily Kiyotake. I've used him in all previous FIFA's and his issue has always been stamina. This year they've bumped that up and everything about him is great, especially long shots.

Kobayashi is a great striker, plays off with Kiyotake so well. Leandro IF is solid, really good, strong, quick winger.

Caue is amazing in CDM, pushes everyone off the ball and is surprisingly good at passing.

@Ryno Anyone you recommend other than what I already have?