SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

• fergoosee
    12275 posts Has That Special Something
    jamle1874 wrote: »
    First round of fixtures and top of the league can’t really argue with anything apart from injuries

a few tough games coming up, can see yous slipping out of top spot
  • Sykesy
    4457 posts National Call-Up
    Embrared wrote: »
    Says the boy from Drumchapel :D:D

Very eloquently spoken boy from drumchapel I’ll have you know :joy:

When is rewards out anyone? 6 or 7 since the clocks changed. Dreaming of Pato
  • fergoosee
    Sykesy wrote: »

Very eloquently spoken boy from drumchapel I’ll have you know :joy:

When is rewards out anyone? 6 or 7 since the clocks changed. Dreaming of Pato

6 i believe
  • Sykesy
    Hibee wrote: »
    Surprised it doesn’t say “ken like ae” at the end. How they all talk through these parts. Utter knuckle dragging mutants

@Hibee What you make of this eh? :joy:

Haha, Im from Leith and I'm likely posh compared the the weegies on here :D:D

Leiths the biggest hole in the capital. Went to a boozer down there few year ago. Had a punch machine to stop the locals cracking each other fs :joy: Lucky if anyone had a full set a teeth amongst them
  • cmm_1991
    2118 posts Fans' Favourite

You're defo the best at quick wips :D:D
  • Hibee
    12244 posts Has That Special Something
    Surprised it doesn’t say “ken like ae” at the end. How they all talk through these parts. Utter knuckle dragging mutants

Leiths the biggest hole in the capital. Went to a boozer down there few year ago. Had a punch machine to stop the locals cracking each other fs :joy: Lucky if anyone had a full set a teeth amongst them

Your just upset cause the locals wouldn’t talk to you because you had your joggers tucked into your socks.
  • fergoosee
    got griezzman in rivals packs earlier and just got mane and willian in wl picks, not too bad
  • Sykesy

Your just upset cause the locals wouldn’t talk to you because you had your joggers tucked into your socks.

Patters on par with these ea servers
  • Hibee

Patters on par with these ea servers

Indeed. EA a shambles.
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2018

fergoosee wrote: »
    its funny people laughing at naisy getting injured are now so offended at the lennon situation

Im not sure I see the link here? You are comparing Naismith being injured in a challenge to Lennon being hit by a coin??

laughing at/mocking someone getting hurt

I think people were more mocking Naismith because he himself was pictured towering over and shouting at an injured player.

Yeah it’s a ridiculous comparison.
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2018
    The “Lennon brings it on himself” comments are shameful and shows up people for the knuckle draggers they are.

He’s been getting the worst sort of abuse you’ll see in football for 20 years now. Real death threats included. Last night you can imagine the sort of abuse he was subjected to by the Hearts fans. Yet as soon as he winds them up he gets a coin lobbed at him.

They give it out but can’t take some banter. And yet there’s morons who are blaming Lennon for provoking them. It’s an embarrassment.
  • jamle1874
    6691 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    You’d think Lennon was the first to be hit with something
    Post edited by jamle1874 on
  • Sykesy
    Finally get on. Missed out on Pato but landed Mane to soften the blow. Nani was other pick
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17261 posts World Class
    Got Manolas in my picks and Manolas in my elite pack :D Not too bad
  • jamle1874
    edited November 2018
    Just want to point out when I call Lennon a ginger ****, it has nothing to do with his religion or where he comes from
  • PintOfMagennis
    4454 posts National Call-Up
    Lennon saying he gets so much stick cause he’s an Irish Catholic that played for Celtic is the biggest lot of **** I’ve seen in this whole thing.. if that was the case Niall McGinn, Robbie and Roy Keane.. Pat Bonnar don’t get half the abuse he does, dinny act like a wee fanny then pull that card out it’s nothing to do with his religion

Agree with this tbh
  • fergoosee
    jamie trying to delete then gets quoted lool
  • jamle1874

Was gonna leave it up then thought better of it for starting the debate in here.. but a suppose let the show begin :joy:
  • Hibee
    In fairness, the reason he may think it’s to do with religion is due to the amount of ‘feenian’ slurs aimed at him at specific stadiums...
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17261 posts World Class
    edited November 2018
    I bet there are some fans who dislike him for religious reasons, most fans don't give a **** about that they just see how he behaves and speaks and don't like it and therefore him
  • PintOfMagennis

Was gonna leave it up then thought better of it for starting the debate in here.. but a suppose let the show begin :joy:

Sorry pal :D thought you made a valid point that’s all
  • PintOfMagennis
    In other news our 150 anniversary badge is something else , love it
  • jamle1874
    I’m not religious in anyway so doesn’t come into it for me, I generally find him funny but when it comes to games against Hibs am gonna call him a ginger something or other
  • Hibee
    I’m not religious in anyway so doesn’t come into it for me, I generally find him funny but when it comes to games against Hibs am gonna call him a ginger something or other

None of the Jambos I know are in any way religious. But there def seems to be an element of your support that is bigoted at the moment. Videos over the last week have shown that too. Daft wee laddies mostly I imagine.
  • jamle1874

None of the Jambos I know are in any way religious. But there def seems to be an element of your support that is bigoted at the moment. Videos over the last week have shown that too. Daft wee laddies mostly I imagine.

Would agree, not saying i seen anything but a mate from work who was at the game on wed (Hibs fan) said him and his mates had to tell again a few daft wee laddies to shut it for trying to start up IRA songs.. don't know where this has crept into our derby tbh thought we were better than this pish.
  • fergoosee
    arzani out for the season. barely even got to see him
  • Lisbon67
    1533 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jamie im sorry pal but I can see why you deleted that pish. Lennon is completely different from the 4 names you mentioned. The Keane’s were only here for a few months, and even at that I can remember the abuse Robbie got in his first game at Ibrox. Packie Bonnar is from the south so there’s no real controversy there, and Niall McGinn has never been a big name.

Neil Lennon was one of Northern Irelands best players when he signed for the most anti-Ulster club on the planet. For nearly 2 decades he has been the symbol of Northern Irish catholics in Scotland, and fans of two clubs in particular cannot stand him for that. Parcel bombs, death threats, assaults...as Gshock said, none of this is because he celebrates when his team does well and likes to wind up his opponents.
    If we’re comparing him to other Celtic players and their actions, Thompson and Sutton were two guys of the same stature and longevity that loved to wind up the huns just as much as Lennon did, and they definitely didnt get the same abuse.

Sectarianism in Scotland will never go away and its a **** embarrassment to the country that its accepted, and not just on the west coast
  • fergoosee