SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

• xGeorgeSmithx
    5696 posts Big Money Move
    Think I'll get him then. @xGeorgeSmithx You got any tips for timed shooting mate?

I edited my post made a mistake but I suppose the only way to know is to play with him and then decide.

I don't really use it myself unless the other person is spamming finesse shots from distance with it, I normally wait a second just by hovering my thumb for a second then hit circle again and usually does the trick.
  • Hibee
    12169 posts Has That Special Something
    jamle1874 wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    Well that was pretty wild last night. Most trouble Iv seen at the derby for a while. Poor game thought. We got dragged into a battle instead of playing our normal game. Need to see the sending off again but it looked harsh.

Dont think you were dragged into a battle tbh, you's set out for one thought Lennons team selection screamed that.. gone are the days this derby is one sided thats for sure.

Well we played a lot more narrow than normal but I think that’s more to do with the tight pitch.

Aye it was incredibly tight. Not much between our teams at all.
  • jocksaltire_67
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Think I'll get him then. @xGeorgeSmithx You got any tips for timed shooting mate?

I edited my post made a mistake but I suppose the only way to know is to play with him and then decide.

I don't really use it myself unless the other person is spamming finesse shots from distance with it, I normally wait a second just by hovering my thumb for a second then hit circle again and usually does the trick.

Nice one mate. Will just spam them in squad battles and shooting games today in prep for WL.
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lisbon67 wrote: »
    Cracking trip to Dundee the night. Excellent first half from Celtic then the second was a case of avoiding getting injuries. Horrible stadium with a horrible support and a pishy team to go along with it. Big props to the Dundee fan that was leading the Celtic fans chants late in the first half with his furious outburts, magic to see.

Got a video of the big man in action. He was loving life

• zl Gshock
    2444 posts Fans' Favourite
    RfCxAmy wrote: »
    zl Gshock wrote: »
    Mad that we scored five and our game was the boring one.

Trust me it wouldn’t have been any worse than ours.

You had your accounts to look forward to at half time :#
  • zl Gshock
    Bhoy wrote: »
    Lisbon67 wrote: »
    Cracking trip to Dundee the night. Excellent first half from Celtic then the second was a case of avoiding getting injuries. Horrible stadium with a horrible support and a pishy team to go along with it. Big props to the Dundee fan that was leading the Celtic fans chants late in the first half with his furious outburts, magic to see.

Got a video of the big man in action. He was loving life

Some geezer
  • Headshrinker363
    5314 posts Big Money Move
    RfCxAmy wrote: »
    Just seen Lennon being hit with a coin but surely it’s not only me who sees it hit his chest as he then goes down holding his face? Don’t condone what the fan did at all but he really does bring it on himself.

It's not an excuse whatsoever but he really does not help himself. The guy who threw it should be banned for life but what did he expect? High intensity game with alot of flash points and he turns to thousands of Hearts fans and taunts them.

It wasn’t so long ago you were condoning that sort of behaviour when one of your own players was the victim of being abused. You also claimed that anyone who suggested Shay Logan did not help himself with his actions were victim blaming.
  • Hibee
    Thing is, Lennon would have been getting it absolute tight from the Hearts fans. So when the goal is disallowed he gave a wee bit back. Wouldnt bother me at all if it was Levein doing that. Certainly wouldn't merit a coin being thrown.
  • Sykesy
    4457 posts National Call-Up
    Thing is, Lennon would have been getting it absolute tight from the Hearts fans. So when the goal is disallowed he gave a wee bit back. Wouldnt bother me at all if it was Levein doing that. Certainly wouldn't merit a coin being thrown.

Astounds me how many are justifying it. They’ll say it’s no excuse then follow up with a reasoning for it. That’s just the same as saying he was deserving. What makes it better is he uses it to run the clock down. Smart move at that stage and deflect all attention from how poor a game it was. Absolutely love Neil Lennon. He’s no angel but the way he riles up opposition is frightening. Terrific gaffer.
  • jamle1874
    6691 posts Big Money Move
    Tbf i found it pretty funny, the antics not the coin throwing. Boy who done it will get hammered as will the boy that punched Bobby. Really toxic last night for some reason more so than usual
  • Hibee
    Sykesy wrote: »

Astounds me how many are justifying it. They’ll say it’s no excuse then follow up with a reasoning for it. That’s just the same as saying he was deserving. What makes it better is he uses it to run the clock down. Smart move at that stage and deflect all attention from how poor a game it was. Absolutely love Neil Lennon. He’s no angel but the way he riles up opposition is frightening. Terrific gaffer.

It’s like when someone shouts abuse at a player and then goes crying to the police if the player does anything back. Iv seen that at Easter Road before. People get upset and offended at everything these days.

Re Lennon, have to admit, he is a much better manager than I realised before he joined. Best manager we have had in my lifetime.

• AnDrEwThEdOn
    17253 posts World Class
    Absolutely not justifying it in anyway. Would any other manager in the league do that though?
  • Hibee
    Absolutely not justifying it in anyway. Would any other manager in the league do that though?

Probably not. But then that’s just Lennon, he is a character and likes to engage with fans. I don’t really see the issue. Used to always have good banter with the likes of Robertson, Gazza, McCoist etc. They always gave back as much as they got.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17253 posts World Class

Probably not. But then that’s just Lennon, he is a character and likes to engage with fans. I don’t really see the issue. Used to always have good banter with the likes of Robertson, Gazza, McCoist etc. They always gave back as much as they got.

I guess so. I'm sure if he was my manager i'd see it a different way.

Anyone who throws a coin at anyone is a coward and hopefully the club bans him ASAP.
  • fergoosee
    12275 posts Has That Special Something
    its funny people laughing at naisy getting injured are now so offended at the lennon situation
  • Hibee

I guess so. I'm sure if he was my manager i'd see it a different way.

Anyone who throws a coin at anyone is a coward and hopefully the club bans him ASAP.

They should ban both him and the Hibs fan that hit the keeper for life.
  • Hibee
    Tbf i found it pretty funny, the antics not the coin throwing. Boy who done it will get hammered as will the boy that punched Bobby. Really toxic last night for some reason more so than usual

It was a really toxic atmosphere last night. Not really sure why it was so worse than normal. The wee fannies were out in force in both supports.
  • Hibee
    fergoosee wrote: »
    its funny people laughing at naisy getting injured are now so offended at the lennon situation

Im not sure I see the link here? You are comparing Naismith being injured in a challenge to Lennon being hit by a coin??
  • fergoosee
    12275 posts Has That Special Something

Im not sure I see the link here? You are comparing Naismith being injured in a challenge to Lennon being hit by a coin??

laughing at/mocking someone getting hurt
  • Hibee

laughing at/mocking someone getting hurt

I think people were more mocking Naismith because he himself was pictured towering over and shouting at an injured player.
  • Sykesy

It’s like when someone shouts abuse at a player and then goes crying to the police if the player does anything back. Iv seen that at Easter Road before. People get upset and offended at everything these days.

Re Lennon, have to admit, he is a much better manager than I realised before he joined. Best manager we have had in my lifetime.

Lee Wallace and where did he learn his traits... Enough said :joy:
  • zl Gshock
    Naismith looks like he reeks of amber leaf.
  • jamle1874
    Not that it makes a difference that was there before the game.
  • Sykesy
    Surprised it doesn’t say “ken like ae” at the end. How they all talk through these parts. Utter knuckle dragging mutants
  • jamle1874
    Surprised it doesn’t say “ken like ae” at the end. How they all talk through these parts. Utter knuckle dragging mutants

@Hibee What you make of this eh? :joy:
  • Embrared
    846 posts Semi-Pro
    Says the boy from Drumchapel :D :D
  • Hibee

@Hibee What you make of this eh? :joy:

Haha, Im from Leith and I'm likely posh compared the the weegies on here :D :D
  • PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up
    With the first round of fixtures out the way I couldn’t be any happier with how it’s went , probably picked up points when we shouldn’t have (Aberdeen , Dundee) but also come up short in games we should have got something from) hibs/hearts)
    Would’ve been delighted with top 6 again but replicate this form and it’s european spots realistically over the season
  • jamle1874
    First round of fixtures and top of the league can’t really argue with anything apart from injuries