Comments

• Hibee
    12243 posts Has That Special Something
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    cmm_1991 wrote: »
    Whatever the reasoning is, they're right to not include him in the HoF. Hardly an example for players to follow.

Anyway, this game has been terrible. We've been fairly dominated...thankfully their captain is an idiot and gave away a crazy penalty.

Gazza is undoubtedly in the top 5 best players to ever play in Scotland? Sure he's had a troubled past , should George best not be recognized either?

Someone who has beat his wife, racially abused someone, along with his alcoholism and being a cokehead...no they absolutely shouldn't be inducted into any hall of fame.

I have no sympathy for Gascoigne whatsoever. He's been given all the possible help he could have ever needed.

I get what your saying, but surely the hall of fame is just about l what they did on the pitch?

So many of the top players in different sports seem to have troubled personalities. I’m thinking of the likes of Maradona, George Best, Tiger Woods, Ronnie O’Sullivan etc. Their faults don’t ruin what they did in their sports for me.

Each to their own, but I think there's a line.

There is usually many lines mate, I think that’s the problem :D
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Whatever the reasoning is, they're right to not include him in the HoF. Hardly an example for players to follow.

Anyway, this game has been terrible. We've been fairly dominated...thankfully their captain is an idiot and gave away a crazy penalty.

Gazza is undoubtedly in the top 5 best players to ever play in Scotland? Sure he's had a troubled past , should George best not be recognized either?

Someone who has beat his wife, racially abused someone, along with his alcoholism and being a cokehead...no they absolutely shouldn't be inducted into any hall of fame.

I have no sympathy for Gascoigne whatsoever. He's been given all the possible help he could have ever needed.

I get what your saying, but surely the hall of fame is just about l what they did on the pitch?

So many of the top players in different sports seem to have troubled personalities. I’m thinking of the likes of Maradona, George Best, Tiger Woods, Ronnie O’Sullivan etc. Their faults don’t ruin what they did in their sports for me.

Each to their own, but I think there's a line.

There is usually many lines mate, I think that’s the problem :D

:joy:
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17261 posts World Class
    Tierneys had a bit of a nightmare tonight
  • SC1967
    Yaass Tierney trying to put McLeish under pressure.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17261 posts World Class
    Tierneys not gonna get back into Celtic Park, can’t be helping Israelis like that
  • SC1967
    Pretty embarrassing performance tonight.
  • NornIron
    12045 posts Has That Special Something
    Whats wrong with Scotland Israel were the worst team ive seen in a long time when N.I played them last mth.
  • cmm_1991
    2118 posts Fans' Favourite
    NornIron wrote: »
    Whats wrong with Scotland Israel were the worst team ive seen in a long time when N.I played them last mth.

10 men and were gash
  • SC1967
    NornIron wrote: »

Our lineup is all over the place and the manager is an absolute dud.
  • RfCxAmy
    5253 posts Big Money Move
    Dunno how anyone can find international football entertaining to watch, it’s awful!
  • Hibee
    RfCxAmy wrote: »
    Dunno how anyone can find international football entertaining to watch, it’s awful!

I have a feeling you might enjoy it a wee bit more if we were either half decent or qualified for a tournament. Football is football. It’s not the fact that it’s international that makes it awful.
  • RfCxAmy

I have a feeling you might enjoy it a wee bit more if we were either half decent or qualified for a tournament. Football is football. It’s not the fact that it’s international that makes it awful.

Nah give me club football over it any day of the week.
  • Hibee

Hey I’m Hibs over anything, but that doesn’t stop me being a proud Scot and wanting my country to do well.
  • PintOfMagennis
    4454 posts National Call-Up

Hey I’m Hibs over anything, but that doesn’t stop me being a proud Scot and wanting my country to do well.

agreed
  • RfCxAmy

Didn’t say I don’t want them to do well ;)
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17261 posts World Class
    We need a new left back. Both were terrible tonight
  • RfCxAmy

It’s now Wallace’s time
  • Hibee

Then we are truly are f****** :D
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    That team selection tonight was genuinely horrific. No wonder we lost.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17261 posts World Class
    I think we need to take tierney or Robertson out the team, can’t play both

Not sure what McDonald offers either
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero

We were doing alright with Tierney and right back and Robertson left back under Strachan. There was no need to change the formation after the end of the last campaign. Should’ve kept the core of that team and slotted in people like McKenna, Souttar and Fraser.
  • Hibee

I think this is the issue, trying to fit them both in. I’m amazing one can’t play RB. Doesn’t work having them both on the same side.
  • Sykesy
    4457 posts National Call-Up

You don't understand an addiction then mate

That doesn't excuse the wife beating and racial abuse, among plenty of other crimes/scummy behaviour.

People continually try to make excuses for him. The fact is he's an ****.

I have sympathy for him. Agree with you on everything else though. Regardless of what he done on the pitch the antics off it means he should never be near it. Which is a shame but he’s nobody to blame but himself.
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    Genuinely wishing we still had Strachan lol
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5696 posts Big Money Move
    Bhoy wrote: »

• SC1967
    Bhoy wrote: »

Yep. I think he still needed replaced, but getting McLeish was just madness.
  • fergoosee
    12275 posts Has That Special Something
    tierney ****
  • Hibee
    McLeish was a massive step backwards. I’m not actually sure what they were thinking. Whenever I had seen him prior to appointment he looked ill.
  • Andy87
    3566 posts National Call-Up
    Didn't even realise this game was on tonight but that is a disappointing result and I really can't see what good McLeish is doing to the team. He's past it and the SFA should have found the money from somewhere for a better manager.

Was going to take the 32k coins on offer from my division rivals rewards but had a late change of heart and went for the tradeable packs. In the mega pack I got Douglas Costa who sold for 108k. After seeing some of the junk I walked away with about 115k so worked our good for me this time. Those mega packs have brought me the best luck.
  • PintOfMagennis
    4454 posts National Call-Up
    this is gonna be fun when mccleish goes and the sfa come running to clarke