SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

  • Sykesy
    4457 posts National Call-Up
    What formations are people using? I’m struggling to settle on one. I finished 18 using 4-3-1-2 but this year it plays like 4-4-2 with the cam playing left side instead of behind the striker. Currently using 4-2-3-1 wide but prefer a 2 striker formation.

    4312

    Drift wide, Get in behind
    Stay forward
    Stay back x2 and right sided CM balanced
    Defence left as is.

    Used 4312 for years then switched to 442 start of the year on 18 now I find 4312 more effective in attack and defence.
  • Hibee
    12164 posts Has That Special Something
    Sykesy wrote: »
    What formations are people using? I’m struggling to settle on one. I finished 18 using 4-3-1-2 but this year it plays like 4-4-2 with the cam playing left side instead of behind the striker. Currently using 4-2-3-1 wide but prefer a 2 striker formation.

    4312

    Drift wide, Get in behind
    Stay forward
    Stay back x2 and right sided CM balanced
    Defence left as is.

    Used 4312 for years then switched to 442 start of the year on 18 now I find 4312 more effective in attack and defence.

    What Iv also used for the last cpl of years. Decided to change to a wide formation, having a bit more fun that way.
  • Sykesy
    4457 posts National Call-Up
    Hibee wrote: »
    Sykesy wrote: »
    What formations are people using? I’m struggling to settle on one. I finished 18 using 4-3-1-2 but this year it plays like 4-4-2 with the cam playing left side instead of behind the striker. Currently using 4-2-3-1 wide but prefer a 2 striker formation.

    4312

    Drift wide, Get in behind
    Stay forward
    Stay back x2 and right sided CM balanced
    Defence left as is.

    Used 4312 for years then switched to 442 start of the year on 18 now I find 4312 more effective in attack and defence.

    What Iv also used for the last cpl of years. Decided to change to a wide formation, having a bit more fun that way.

    Think it’s harder this year to settle on one. I have different ones already set depending how I start the game. Struggle against 433(4) so then switch to defensive which is 442 with lm/rm helping expose the gaps with most having wingers stay forward. With easily accessible switching it’ll be harder to say one formation suits all
  • CarpeDiem
    1729 posts Play-Off Hero
    Switching between 442 and 4231 both got me 21 wins in WL and I'm pretty much in D3 in rivals.
  • Sykesy
    4457 posts National Call-Up
    CarpeDiem wrote: »
    Switching between 442 and 4231 both got me 21 wins in WL and I'm pretty much in D3 in rivals.

    Nobody likes a show off :joy:

    I hate the distance between midfield and strikers in a straight 442. Feel the link just in behind helps when attacking. Loved 442 before 19 just feels less involvement
  • PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up
    Decent scotland team that
  • Hibee
    12164 posts Has That Special Something
    Sykesy wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    Sykesy wrote: »
    What formations are people using? I’m struggling to settle on one. I finished 18 using 4-3-1-2 but this year it plays like 4-4-2 with the cam playing left side instead of behind the striker. Currently using 4-2-3-1 wide but prefer a 2 striker formation.

    4312

    Drift wide, Get in behind
    Stay forward
    Stay back x2 and right sided CM balanced
    Defence left as is.

    Used 4312 for years then switched to 442 start of the year on 18 now I find 4312 more effective in attack and defence.

    What Iv also used for the last cpl of years. Decided to change to a wide formation, having a bit more fun that way.

    Think it’s harder this year to settle on one. I have different ones already set depending how I start the game. Struggle against 433(4) so then switch to defensive which is 442 with lm/rm helping expose the gaps with most having wingers stay forward. With easily accessible switching it’ll be harder to say one formation suits all

    Yeah very true. Although it’s cool you can switch easily in game. I also have 4312 and 424 saved. Another reason I needed a wide formation is to fit in George Best.
  • Headshrinker363
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Don’t you find the cam stays out left on 4-3-1-2?
  • PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up
    Well well , got a red Forrest :D , quite happy as I also got if king in the 50k pack
  • Sykesy
    4457 posts National Call-Up
    Anderson Talisca is everywhere for me. Love him.

    If this is what wl rewards are I may stick to Divison Rivals

    King and Sabitzer. Was offered King twice despite taking him first time. Others where horrible
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17253 posts World Class
    Got Forrest and discarded him. You're welcome lads
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Forrest on the bench :joy:

    McLeish is clueless.
  • Hibee
    12164 posts Has That Special Something
    Sykesy wrote: »
    Anderson Talisca is everywhere for me. Love him.

    If this is what wl rewards are I may stick to Divison Rivals

    King and Sabitzer. Was offered King twice despite taking him first time. Others where horrible

    His IF is my favourite player so far this year. He is amazing.
  • Sykesy
    4457 posts National Call-Up
    Hibee wrote: »
    Sykesy wrote: »
    Anderson Talisca is everywhere for me. Love him.

    If this is what wl rewards are I may stick to Divison Rivals

    King and Sabitzer. Was offered King twice despite taking him first time. Others where horrible

    His IF is my favourite player so far this year. He is amazing.

    He’s a man mountain. 4 star weak foot should be 5 with power driven. Him and Hulk. Lukaku in the reserves :joy:
  • Hibee
    12164 posts Has That Special Something
    Sykesy wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    Sykesy wrote: »
    Anderson Talisca is everywhere for me. Love him.

    If this is what wl rewards are I may stick to Divison Rivals

    King and Sabitzer. Was offered King twice despite taking him first time. Others where horrible

    His IF is my favourite player so far this year. He is amazing.

    He’s a man mountain. 4 star weak foot should be 5 with power driven. Him and Hulk. Lukaku in the reserves :joy:

    Lukaku is dreadful for me. Terrible first touch and can’t pass. Or I’m garbage. Shame as I have his UCL untradable. Talisca on the other hand is just awesome. Feels really unique with his gangly legs and shape.

    I’m waiting for Teixera to get an IF and he will be up front with Talisca (have Jesus currently)z
  • Hibee
    12164 posts Has That Special Something
    Dull game but will take that. Moan Scotland!!
  • RfCxAmy
    5253 posts Big Money Move
    Disgusting from the SFA to use mental health issues as a reason to withdraw Gazza’s nomination.

  • Hibee
    12164 posts Has That Special Something
    RfCxAmy wrote: »
    Disgusting from the SFA to use mental health issues as a reason to withdraw Gazza’s nomination.


    I don’t get that at all. If they discluded him because of his wife beating then I would understand...

    One of the best players I have seen in the flesh by the way. And I totally agree he should be included in our hall of fame.
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Whatever the reasoning is, they're right to not include him in the HoF. Hardly an example for players to follow.

    Anyway, this game has been terrible. We've been fairly dominated...thankfully their captain is an idiot and gave away a crazy penalty.
  • cmm_1991
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Whatever the reasoning is, they're right to not include him in the HoF. Hardly an example for players to follow.

    Anyway, this game has been terrible. We've been fairly dominated...thankfully their captain is an idiot and gave away a crazy penalty.

    Gazza is undoubtedly in the top 5 best players to ever play in Scotland? Sure he's had a troubled past , should George best not be recognized either?
  • PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Whatever the reasoning is, they're right to not include him in the HoF. Hardly an example for players to follow.

    Anyway, this game has been terrible. We've been fairly dominated...thankfully their captain is an idiot and gave away a crazy penalty.

    wasn't captain that gave away, he got booked for shouting at ref
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2018
    cmm_1991 wrote: »
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Whatever the reasoning is, they're right to not include him in the HoF. Hardly an example for players to follow.

    Anyway, this game has been terrible. We've been fairly dominated...thankfully their captain is an idiot and gave away a crazy penalty.

    Gazza is undoubtedly in the top 5 best players to ever play in Scotland? Sure he's had a troubled past , should George best not be recognized either?

    Someone who has beat his wife, racially abused someone, along with his alcoholism and being a cokehead...no they absolutely shouldn't be inducted into any hall of fame.

    I have no sympathy for Gascoigne whatsoever. He's been given all the possible help he could have ever needed.
  • cmm_1991
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    SC1967 wrote: »
    cmm_1991 wrote: »
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Whatever the reasoning is, they're right to not include him in the HoF. Hardly an example for players to follow.

    Anyway, this game has been terrible. We've been fairly dominated...thankfully their captain is an idiot and gave away a crazy penalty.

    Gazza is undoubtedly in the top 5 best players to ever play in Scotland? Sure he's had a troubled past , should George best not be recognized either?

    Someone who has beat his wife, racially abused someone, along with his alcoholism and being a cokehead...no they absolutely shouldn't be inducted into any hall of fame.

    I have no sympathy for Gascoigne whatsoever. He's been given all the possible help he could have ever needed.

    You don't understand an addiction then mate
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    cmm_1991 wrote: »
    SC1967 wrote: »
    cmm_1991 wrote: »
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Whatever the reasoning is, they're right to not include him in the HoF. Hardly an example for players to follow.

    Anyway, this game has been terrible. We've been fairly dominated...thankfully their captain is an idiot and gave away a crazy penalty.

    Gazza is undoubtedly in the top 5 best players to ever play in Scotland? Sure he's had a troubled past , should George best not be recognized either?

    Someone who has beat his wife, racially abused someone, along with his alcoholism and being a cokehead...no they absolutely shouldn't be inducted into any hall of fame.

    I have no sympathy for Gascoigne whatsoever. He's been given all the possible help he could have ever needed.

    You don't understand an addiction then mate

    That doesn't excuse the wife beating and racial abuse, among plenty of other crimes/scummy behaviour.

    People continually try to make excuses for him. The fact is he's an ****.
  • Hibee
    12164 posts Has That Special Something
    SC1967 wrote: »
    cmm_1991 wrote: »
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Whatever the reasoning is, they're right to not include him in the HoF. Hardly an example for players to follow.

    Anyway, this game has been terrible. We've been fairly dominated...thankfully their captain is an idiot and gave away a crazy penalty.

    Gazza is undoubtedly in the top 5 best players to ever play in Scotland? Sure he's had a troubled past , should George best not be recognized either?

    Someone who has beat his wife, racially abused someone, along with his alcoholism and being a cokehead...no they absolutely shouldn't be inducted into any hall of fame.

    I have no sympathy for Gascoigne whatsoever. He's been given all the possible help he could have ever needed.

    I get what your saying, but surely the hall of fame is just about l what they did on the pitch?

    So many of the top players in different sports seem to have troubled personalities. I’m thinking of the likes of Maradona, George Best, Tiger Woods, Ronnie O’Sullivan etc. Their faults don’t ruin what they did in their sports for me.
  • jamle1874
    6691 posts Big Money Move
    Two joke yellows for Souttar :joy:
  • cmm_1991
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    SC1967 wrote: »
    cmm_1991 wrote: »
    SC1967 wrote: »
    cmm_1991 wrote: »
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Whatever the reasoning is, they're right to not include him in the HoF. Hardly an example for players to follow.

    Anyway, this game has been terrible. We've been fairly dominated...thankfully their captain is an idiot and gave away a crazy penalty.

    Gazza is undoubtedly in the top 5 best players to ever play in Scotland? Sure he's had a troubled past , should George best not be recognized either?

    Someone who has beat his wife, racially abused someone, along with his alcoholism and being a cokehead...no they absolutely shouldn't be inducted into any hall of fame.

    I have no sympathy for Gascoigne whatsoever. He's been given all the possible help he could have ever needed.

    You don't understand an addiction then mate

    That doesn't excuse the wife beating and racial abuse, among plenty of other crimes/scummy behaviour.

    People continually try to make excuses for him. The fact is he's an ****.

    Sound
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Hibee wrote: »
    SC1967 wrote: »
    cmm_1991 wrote: »
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Whatever the reasoning is, they're right to not include him in the HoF. Hardly an example for players to follow.

    Anyway, this game has been terrible. We've been fairly dominated...thankfully their captain is an idiot and gave away a crazy penalty.

    Gazza is undoubtedly in the top 5 best players to ever play in Scotland? Sure he's had a troubled past , should George best not be recognized either?

    Someone who has beat his wife, racially abused someone, along with his alcoholism and being a cokehead...no they absolutely shouldn't be inducted into any hall of fame.

    I have no sympathy for Gascoigne whatsoever. He's been given all the possible help he could have ever needed.

    I get what your saying, but surely the hall of fame is just about l what they did on the pitch?

    So many of the top players in different sports seem to have troubled personalities. I’m thinking of the likes of Maradona, George Best, Tiger Woods, Ronnie O’Sullivan etc. Their faults don’t ruin what they did in their sports for me.

    Each to their own, but I think there's a line.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17253 posts World Class
    What the hell is that for a second yellow
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    That's incredible. Souttar has been mugged off.
Sign In or Register to comment.