SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

• Hibee
    11862 posts Has That Special Something
    Hibee wrote: »
    jamle1874 wrote: »
    Need some of you melons to help me learn to trade cause I want some of what yous got

We could possibly get a wee group elsewhere to share trading tips. I never really like sharing my methods on the forums. Always think its mad telling 1000's which players to buy and thus remove them from the market.

I would be down for that

Im not upto date with the best places to do these things. But would def be up for it if someone set something up.
  • jamle1874
    6690 posts Big Money Move
    Can you not make group DMs on this?
  • Hibee

Im sure you can only have about 4 people on a group DM.
  • fergoosee
    12273 posts Has That Special Something
    who trades? :joy: just play 5k games
  • MarioMonk
    1788 posts Play-Off Hero
    fergoosee wrote: »
    who trades? :joy: just play 5k games

Well said bud
  • jamle1874

Maybe a discord? i aint really mucked around with it but i think you can use that on your phone and that.
  • fergoosee

Maybe a discord? i aint really mucked around with it but i think you can use that on your phone and that.

ye discord is quality. get the app
  • Sykesy
    4456 posts National Call-Up
    Coin wise I think prices on 20 will blow even higher. People paying for trading methods and the traders are selling out enough slots to give up the day job.

FUT is life.
  • Hibee

Aye, Iv used that before. See how many are up for it and we can look at setting up a group (or whatever its called!)
  • MarioMonk
    1788 posts Play-Off Hero

Aye, Iv used that before. See how many are up for it and we can look at setting up a group (or whatever its called!)

I would be up for it. I am on xbox so really wont affect you guys anyway lol.
  • fergoosee
    aw im scared of missing out on all the fun. might have to order fifa :s
  • Hibee
    MarioMonk wrote: »

Im xbox too man
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5693 posts Big Money Move
    Someone set up and discord then, get the boys in!
  • PintOfMagennis
    4450 posts National Call-Up
    ill be up for it
  • jamle1874
    https://discord.gg/wRXzd9

Here’s a link I’ve set one up dunno if I’ve done it correctly or not
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    https://discord.gg/wRXzd9

Here’s a link I’ve set one up dunno if I’ve done it correctly or not

@Sykesy get in ya ****
  • MarioMonk
    1788 posts Play-Off Hero

Im xbox too man

Will get you added for games
  • jocksaltire_67
    577 posts An Exciting Prospect

Im xbox too man

Will get you added for games

I'm xbox anaw guys. GT is jocksaltire67. I'm up for joining the discord too.
  • Salty P3anut
    8294 posts League Winner
    Drogba with 4 star skills and weak foot this year :#
  • Keith
    2383 posts Moderator
    Edouard's card looks really good
  • Keith
    2383 posts Moderator
    Did you guys ever get a pro club going on PS4?
  • cmm_1991
    2106 posts Fans' Favourite
    Surely the market is pretty similar between Xbox and PS
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    Keith wrote: »
    Did you guys ever get a pro club going on PS4?

We did at one point
  • sido1968
    1275 posts Professional
    edited September 13
    Bhoy wrote: »
    We really need a stadium in Scotland that holds 30-35k. The lack of atmosphere at a half full hampden does not help us at all.

100% but theres not really a team in scotland that could use that stadium :joy: unless one of the rugby teams from glasgow or edinburgh could?

Merge the Edinburgh clubs imo...

to be doubly as **** as we both already are

How would we decide which brutal manager to keep!?

Levein director of football Hecky at the wheel

Cheers mate, kids are crying!

What would you call your team, Heart of Hibernian FC?

I wouldnt go near any merged team. I would have supported FC Hibs or whatever the new team that formed was called.

Mercer's plan would have had the 'merged' teams playing in maroon and called Hearts. It was very much an aggressive takeover.

Anyway, I think Hibs and Hearts have the right balance in terms of rivalry. Enough dislike to make the atmosphere great, but you can have a drink with your jambo mates after.

I was meaning it tongue-in-cheek mate. No way I could support a merged team which incorporated my own team and another. Sounds a bit ironic though as my other team is ICT which is a result of a merger. In my defence I had no affiliation to either team beforehand.

Highland based bluenose and went to a lot of Caley games in the Highland League. Never watched the merged team apart from a couple of games at Ibrox, it just felt like losing a team and felt zero affinity with the merged club and there are quite a few up here feel the same.
  • sido1968
    1275 posts Professional
    edited September 13
  • jocksaltire_67
    sido1968 wrote: »
    We really need a stadium in Scotland that holds 30-35k. The lack of atmosphere at a half full hampden does not help us at all.

100% but theres not really a team in scotland that could use that stadium :joy: unless one of the rugby teams from glasgow or edinburgh could?

Merge the Edinburgh clubs imo...

to be doubly as **** as we both already are

How would we decide which brutal manager to keep!?

Levein director of football Hecky at the wheel

Cheers mate, kids are crying!

What would you call your team, Heart of Hibernian FC?

I wouldnt go near any merged team. I would have supported FC Hibs or whatever the new team that formed was called.

Mercer's plan would have had the 'merged' teams playing in maroon and called Hearts. It was very much an aggressive takeover.

Anyway, I think Hibs and Hearts have the right balance in terms of rivalry. Enough dislike to make the atmosphere great, but you can have a drink with your jambo mates after.

I was meaning it tongue-in-cheek mate. No way I could support a merged team which incorporated my own team and another. Sounds a bit ironic though as my other team is ICT which is a result of a merger. In my defence I had no affiliation to either team beforehand.

Highland based bluenose and went to a lot of Caley games in the Highland League. Never watched the merged team apart from a couple of games at Ibrox, it just felt like losing a team and felt zero affinity with the merged club and there are quite a few up here feel the same.

Aye I'm in Inverness mate. Moved here in '92. I'm pretty sure I would've felt the same if I'd been Caley or Thistle before. They really messed it up big style. You've just got to look at the attendances and the apathy towards ICT considering the population rise. Must've been difficult for you at the time @sido1968
  • Sykesy
    4456 posts National Call-Up
    ICT are a merged club? Surely a good thing if their now a club competing in the championship and had runs in the SPFL and Cup finals. What did they achieve before hand?
  • jocksaltire_67
    It was a merger between two highland league teams: Caledonian FC and Inverness Thistle FC. Both were really well supported. They ended up merging and joined the old 3rd division with Ross County in 1994. Many people in Inverness still refuse to support the merged team. Caledonian were the most successful team in the Highland league prior to the merger. It was quite a fierce rivalry between the two by all accounts. I'm sure @sido1968 can fill you in more mate.
  • daviec
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sykesy wrote: »
    ICT are a merged club? Surely a good thing if their now a club competing in the championship and had runs in the SPFL and Cup finals. What did they achieve before hand?

From a football point of view, it was absolutely a good move. Comparing achievements isn't really fair because there was no entry from the Highland League into the football league - Ross County came up at the same time and have achieved roughly the same as the merged club, but were no better than either of the Inverness clubs before the merger.

From a fans point of view, it was a terrible move, and even 25 years later that's still reflected in the attendances. There were a lot of fans who were bitter about the merger and refused to support the new club, and that attitude passed down to their kids. Our attendances are awful for a City our size.

Fans of Caley (the bigger of the two clubs who merged) felt the club was big enough to make the jump on it's own, and given that Ross County achieved the same (albeit with a sugar daddy) suggests they were right. The extra fans they gained from Thistle (the other club who merged with Caley) have probably been outweighed by the fans they've lost who refused to support the merger, so aside from not having a few Thistle players at the start they may well have been in a similar position with or without the merger.

Thistle fans should feel especially hard done by - the merged club is usually referred to as Caley, primarily wear Caley colours, and moved to Caley's stadium (albeit only for a few years, before the new stadium was built). For them I can see that it felt like a takeover more than a merger.
  • jocksaltire_67
    daviec wrote: »
    Sykesy wrote: »

From a football point of view, it was absolutely a good move. Comparing achievements isn't really fair because there was no entry from the Highland League into the football league - Ross County came up at the same time and have achieved roughly the same as the merged club, but were no better than either of the Inverness clubs before the merger.

From a fans point of view, it was a terrible move, and even 25 years later that's still reflected in the attendances. There were a lot of fans who were bitter about the merger and refused to support the new club, and that attitude passed down to their kids. Our attendances are awful for a City our size.

Fans of Caley (the bigger of the two clubs who merged) felt the club was big enough to make the jump on it's own, and given that Ross County achieved the same (albeit with a sugar daddy) suggests they were right. The extra fans they gained from Thistle (the other club who merged with Caley) have probably been outweighed by the fans they've lost who refused to support the merger, so aside from not having a few Thistle players at the start they may well have been in a similar position with or without the merger.

Thistle fans should feel especially hard done by - the merged club is usually referred to as Caley, primarily wear Caley colours, and moved to Caley's stadium (albeit only for a few years, before the new stadium was built). For them I can see that it felt like a takeover more than a merger.

You put it a lot better than I could Davie. Spot on mate