11862 posts Has That Special Something
    Hibee wrote: »
    jamle1874 wrote: »
    Bhoy wrote: »
    fergoosee wrote: »
    We really need a stadium in Scotland that holds 30-35k. The lack of atmosphere at a half full hampden does not help us at all.

100% but theres not really a team in scotland that could use that stadium :joy: unless one of the rugby teams from glasgow or edinburgh could?

Merge the Edinburgh clubs imo...

to be doubly as **** as we both already are

How would we decide which brutal manager to keep!?

Levein director of football Hecky at the wheel

Cheers mate, kids are crying!

What would you call your team, Heart of Hibernian FC?

I wouldnt go near any merged team. I would have supported FC Hibs or whatever the new team that formed was called.

Mercer's plan would have had the 'merged' teams playing in maroon and called Hearts. It was very much an aggressive takeover.

Anyway, I think Hibs and Hearts have the right balance in terms of rivalry. Enough dislike to make the atmosphere great, but you can have a drink with your jambo mates after.
  • fergoosee
    12273 posts Has That Special Something
    We really need a stadium in Scotland that holds 30-35k. The lack of atmosphere at a half full hampden does not help us at all.

100% but theres not really a team in scotland that could use that stadium :joy: unless one of the rugby teams from glasgow or edinburgh could?

I wouldnt go near any merged team. I would have supported FC Hibs or whatever the new team that formed was called.

Mercer's plan would have had the 'merged' teams playing in maroon and called Hearts. It was very much an aggressive takeover.

Anyway, I think Hibs and Hearts have the right balance in terms of rivalry. Enough dislike to make the atmosphere great, but you can have a drink with your jambo mates after.

old firm the same for the last point
  • Hibee

Possibly in Dundee. I dont think its quite as friendly in glasgow?
  • jocksaltire_67
    577 posts An Exciting Prospect

I was meaning it tongue-in-cheek mate. No way I could support a merged team which incorporated my own team and another. Sounds a bit ironic though as my other team is ICT which is a result of a merger. In my defence I had no affiliation to either team beforehand.
  • Hibee

I was meaning it tongue-in-cheek mate. No way I could support a merged team which incorporated my own team and another. Sounds a bit ironic though as my other team is ICT which is a result of a merger. In my defence I had no affiliation to either team beforehand.

Oh I know mate. Just brought back bad memories of Mercer!!
  • jocksaltire_67

Oh I know mate. Just brought back bad memories of Mercer!!

Yeah that was a horrible time for Edinburgh full stop. My old boy was raging as he was Jambo back then.
  • fergoosee

Possibly in Dundee. I dont think its quite as friendly in glasgow?

frienldier iv heard
  • Jboom98
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If some fans want a 20 team Scottish premier league then merging is the only way for the league to be competitive clubs of course I'm talking about clubs that will never reach the premier league should merge in there areas like Lanarkshire, Dumfries, Fife, Angus some pundits want a bigger league but it will just be the same as the league is now or worse it could end up like down south where you have 3 splits in the league the relegation battle, the midfield teams and the top 6 and its the best league in the world :/.
  • fergoosee
    Jboom98 wrote: »
    If some fans want a 20 team Scottish premier league then merging is the only way for the league to be competitive clubs of course I'm talking about clubs that will never reach the premier league should merge in there areas like Lanarkshire, Dumfries, Fife, Angus some pundits want a bigger league but it will just be the same as the league is now or worse it could end up like down south where you have 3 splits in the league the relegation battle, the midfield teams and the top 6 and its the best league in the world :/.

agree. should re arrange the whole system into 1 league like nfl
  • MarioMonk
    1788 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sykesy wrote: »
    I’m glad that it feels much like the same. The way Fifa is played isn’t the issue. It’s the small issues. It’s like a new build house. Always have a snag list. They seem to ignore the basics. Balls going through players. Defenders blocking all in sight, Players stepping over the ball to allow opponents through. Settle that and games flying. UT always plays different to offline. Doubt any on here play anything other than UT. Which felt amazing after the upgrade on the beta. That’s what’s gave me the buzz for 20. Give me that gameplay and you’ve the best Fifa for last 6 year

Last year was the worst gameplay in years.
    Game needs a complete overhaul. Shame we wont get it until the new consoles comes out.
  • Sykesy
    4456 posts National Call-Up
    MarioMonk wrote: »
    I’m glad that it feels much like the same. The way Fifa is played isn’t the issue. It’s the small issues. It’s like a new build house. Always have a snag list. They seem to ignore the basics. Balls going through players. Defenders blocking all in sight, Players stepping over the ball to allow opponents through. Settle that and games flying. UT always plays different to offline. Doubt any on here play anything other than UT. Which felt amazing after the upgrade on the beta. That’s what’s gave me the buzz for 20. Give me that gameplay and you’ve the best Fifa for last 6 year

Game needs a complete overhaul. Shame we wont get it until the new consoles comes out.

Gameplay for me wasn’t the worst. What killed it was the obvious spins to run for opponents and the clear interference. Remove that and you’ve a cracking game.

I enjoyed the gameplay when your allowed to play the style you like. Instead WL your forced to exploit the weakness of the game and score ridiculous goals. First time finesse daft and so on.

The beta gameplay was really enjoyable. Genuinely loved having a shot just felt pointless grinding so been dying to get involved and see if it’s still the same.
  • Salty P3anut
    8294 posts League Winner

Gameplay for me wasn’t the worst. What killed it was the obvious spins to run for opponents and the clear interference. Remove that and you’ve a cracking game.

I enjoyed the gameplay when your allowed to play the style you like. Instead WL your forced to exploit the weakness of the game and score ridiculous goals. First time finesse daft and so on.

The beta gameplay was really enjoyable. Genuinely loved having a shot just felt pointless grinding so been dying to get involved and see if it’s still the same.

El tornado and la croquetas ruined fifa 19
  • Sykesy

El tornado and la croquetas ruined fifa 19

Very true. It’s not they actual skill move itself for me it’s the fact it turns your players off during it but on the beta you could interrupt the move and la croquetas are dead this year. Player doesn’t stay anywhere near as in control. Need plenty space to just do 1
  • Jboom98

Former football players think we should get a 20 team league for the Scotland national team because it helps development of players because a 12 team league pressurises young players there scared of relegation the truth is most young players have there head in the clouds think about that big money move so they try too hard and end up dropping down the leagues it's nothing to with the Scotland national team the fact is merging is the best way getting local young players into only 1 team in Angus or any other area but merging works if it's done properly that the only way Scotland can have a 20 team league otherwise keeping things how they are and adding 8 teams will make no difference to the Scotland national team or improvement to clubs in Europe.
  • jocksaltire_67

Former football players think we should get a 20 team league for the Scotland national team because it helps development of players because a 12 team league pressurises young players there scared of relegation the truth is most young players have there head in the clouds think about that big money move so they try too hard and end up dropping down the leagues it's nothing to with the Scotland national team the fact is merging is the best way getting local young players into only 1 team in Angus or any other area but merging works if it's done properly that the only way Scotland can have a 20 team league otherwise keeping things how they are and adding 8 teams will make no difference to the Scotland national team or improvement to clubs in Europe.

Not convinced that merging is healthy for any team/communities regardless of how small they are. Personally I would be for increasing the top flight to 16 and having two lower divisions of 14 and 12 with a simple 2 up and 2 down policy. In recent seasons the difference in standard between the bottom 4/6 in the SPL and the top 4/6 of the championship has been less and less. This format would then allow a higher likelihood of keeping the bigger clubs with better facilities/academies in the top division whilst still allowing hope for a smaller club to make the jump to the top division for the 1st time.
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    My comment on Hibs and Hearts merging was obviously a wee joke. :D

Merging all the Angus teams seems a good idea in theory but the reason people support these teams is because it's their local side. No way would people from Montrose, Brechin and Forfar travel every second Saturday to Arbroath to watch an 'Angus United'.

The connection to their local area would be completely lost. These teams are still standing because they are pillars of the community. If there was only one team in Angus it would probably still be the same size as Arbroath (the biggest Angus team imo) and future football fans from the other towns would just support the Dundee teams.
  • jamle1874
    6690 posts Big Money Move
    An interesting concept, i already have a monthly subscription with the foundation of hearts so i could see this working.

• jocksaltire_67
    My comment on Hibs and Hearts merging was obviously a wee joke. :D
    Merging all the Angus teams seems a good idea in theory but the reason people support these teams is because it's their local side. No way would people from Montrose, Brechin and Forfar travel every second Saturday to Arbroath to watch an 'Angus United'.

The connection to their local area would be completely lost. These teams are still standing because they are pillars of the community. If there was only one team in Angus it would probably still be the same size as Arbroath (the biggest Angus team imo) and future football fans from the other towns would just support the Dundee teams.

What have you started @Bhoy :D Maybe the way forward is to regionalise youth academies. Might be a way of focussing youth money/grants in a concerted area without diluting resources scattered all over. Not too sure what's going on with Project Brave just now (maybe I just described it :joy: ) but I know that Inverness and Ross County share the Highland football academy and I think Fife have a regionalised one aswell called Fife Elite or something like that.
  • Hibee
    An interesting concept, i already have a monthly subscription with the foundation of hearts so i could see this working.

Hibs have been doing this for years mate. I assumed most clubs did. I pay my season ticket up £35 a month.
  • jamle1874

Hibs have been doing this for years mate. I assumed most clubs did. I pay my season ticket up £35 a month.

No its a different concept mate, I do my season ticket through finance also, the concept is like say im travelling for the first 3 month of the season i could then buy a subscription go to games for another 2 months then i can cancel it if i dont have a use for it anymore.
  • Jboom98
    Well if Scottish football doesn't improve the standard one day Celtic and Rangers could leave to form a european super league but we all know the old firm really want to join the EPL and get into the English premier league imagine want would happen to Scottish football without Celtic and Rangers merging small clubs but put them in a neutral town that doesn't have a football team so the 4 Angus teams or Fife teams or small Lanarkshire teams they would be more of a community if you merge teams together obviously there's more money in 1 club and there's a chance of winning cup competitions Angus United ;) bit original I'm just calling out the people that want a bigger league it will just be the same as the league is right now young players are supposed to feel pressure a bigger league wouldn't get rid of the fear of relegation :/ but Celtic and Rangers could leave if there not happy with the way things are in European football and Scottish football.

• Hibee

No its a different concept mate, I do my season ticket through finance also, the concept is like say im travelling for the first 3 month of the season i could then buy a subscription go to games for another 2 months then i can cancel it if i dont have a use for it anymore.

Ah I see. Nah thats a terrible idea. After the starts Hibs and Hearts have had everyone would be cancelling their tickets!

In reality though, it would be difficult to budget for your season without knowing how many season tickets you would have month by month.
  • jocksaltire_67
    Finally pre-ordered. Got a £25 amazon voucher for my birthday. So I've only spent £24.99 out of my own money. Hopefully I can still say that this time next year :D
  • Hibee
    Finally pre-ordered. Got a £25 amazon voucher for my birthday. So I've only spent £24.99 out of my own money. Hopefully I can still say that this time next year :D

No chance :D
  • jocksaltire_67

I've told the Mrs to put a block on me :D Going to hammer BPM for the first week and then lazy buyers from there on. Must have made 12 mil transfer profit with having long breaks from the game so should hopefully build up decent coinage quickly. Was reading something that coin boosts might not be a thing this year. Any of yous heard anything on that front?
  • Hibee

I've told the Mrs to put a block on me :D Going to hammer BPM for the first week and then lazy buyers from there on. Must have made 12 mil transfer profit with having long breaks from the game so should hopefully build up decent coinage quickly. Was reading something that coin boosts might not be a thing this year. Any of yous heard anything on that front?

I will pump in a bit of cash at the beginning. Probably £100 or so. Then thats me pretty much for the year. After a months rest from trading Im ready to go again lol.
  • Sykesy
    regardless of anyone’s thoughts on fp. It makes 100% sense to open packs. You get players with loyalty to complete the sbcs at the start. Everything sells even kits badges etc the coins you’ll get in return for even a score is worth it.

Complete the sbcs at the start gives you over 200k worth of packs also. Some of my mates haven’t even completed them for 19. Mental to ignore them
  • jamle1874
    Need some of you melons to help me learn to trade cause I want some of what yous got
  • Hibee
    Need some of you melons to help me learn to trade cause I want some of what yous got

We could possibly get a wee group elsewhere to share trading tips. I never really like sharing my methods on the forums. Always think its mad telling 1000's which players to buy and thus remove them from the market.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5693 posts Big Money Move

We could possibly get a wee group elsewhere to share trading tips. I never really like sharing my methods on the forums. Always think its mad telling 1000's which players to buy and thus remove them from the market.

I would be down for that